BlackBird is a replacement skin for DDO by my good buddy Ualac. The main goal of the skin was to have something that melted into the background in dark quests, rather than constantly vying with the action on screen for your attention. As a nice little side bonus, lining up windows is also a lot easier.
You can download BlackBird at: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...BlackBird.html
To install follow these directions:
- Close DDO if you have it running
- Find your "Dungeons and Dragons Online" folder in your “My Documents” area under Windows
- Inside the "Dungeons and Dragons Online" folder, create a “ui” folder, with the name all lowercase
- Inside the "ui" folder, create a “skins” folder, again all lowercase
- Place the zip archive you downloaded into this folder
- Right-click the zip archive and choose something like “Extract Here” or whatever your zip unarchiving tool lets you do. Note: if you were lucky to already have a version of BlackBird installed, then delete the old one prior to extracting this new archive. You should end up with one folder called “BlackBird”. The path to your BlackBird folder should be "My documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/ui/skins/BlackBird". If it isn't, the game won't be able to find the skin.
- Start DDO
- When loaded and logged in, go to the Options panel, go to UI Settings, and near the bottom of this panel is a dropdown menu called “Current User Skin”. Change it from “None” to “BlackBird”
- Go and provide feedback here!
Windows opaque, bars locked, with hireling window
Character sheet, options, default inventory, bars locked, windows transparent
Character sheet skills, quest hournal, inventory with details, bars locked, windows opaque
Adventure compendium, social panel, bars unlocked, windows transparent
MyDDO, social panel
Auction house, quest map
Old and busted