Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    k.

Note: All information is fully accurate towards the current live versions.

And infact was since I put the post up - note I had the info about the epee being the old pic on post 2 before anyone mentioned it.

Nothing was changed from lam to live (not even things that should of been changed, like the ddo store having up the pack, tho it was removed some hours after it went live). The changes were all done on the 2nd last lam patch, I just didn't get any shots of the epee when I did that update.
    Axe of Famine has Incite 15% on the screenshot (but not in your text).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

My sceptre was lacking in eyeballness, too. I took it as an end reward purely to show it off to a guildie and it was something of an anticlimax *sadface*

Give us the eyeball back!

Edit: and thanks as ever for putting these threads together. I'll keep an eye out for the rare stuff, want to run it a couple more times I think.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Any better, and that Sinew bow wouldn't just be better than tier 2 Greensteel, it could be better than the epic Thornlord. The amazing crit profile makes it scale better with gear than any other bow in game.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant different, not necessarily better. As I said, it's an odd perception thing for me but I'd rather see consistent higher standard dmg spread out over a few numbers than a meaty crit every now and again. To each their own of course, just isn't really what I'm looking for in profile.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    That observation runs counter to literally centuries of game design knowledge.

People are more entertained to watch a mixed stream of little numbers with an intermittent big one than to have consistent medium numbers.
    I think you mean "most" people. I prefer the type of dmg my monk produces - a spread of six or more smaller numbers with a medium base rather than one big 200, no further numbers and long waits inbetween.

Edit: Also, as I say I run an AA mainly for bow use and they already have their share of hit low and wait for big with the slayer procs. Might view the bow differently if your suggestions about slayer imbues was taken up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    My sceptre was lacking in eyeballness, too. I took it as an end reward purely to show it off to a guildie and it was something of an anticlimax *sadface*

Give us the eyeball back!
    Heh yes, I took it on my first run through on live as the model interested me more than the more practical choices on offer. Disappointed!

Wow... that epee is awesome! Too bad my rogue/monk can't wield those and remain centered... I guess it's getting time to TR him into pure STR half-orc rogue build.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Wow... that epee is awesome! Too bad my rogue/monk can't wield those and remain centered... I guess it's getting time to TR him into pure STR half-orc rogue build.
    The new version of Turbulent Epee is attractive for ease of acquisition and inventory compaction, but it's not really a powerful weapon.

Against most evil creatures (Ogre, Barbazu, etc) you should use +5 Holy Pure Good instead.
    Against most neutral creatures (Hyena, Elemental) you should use +5 Frost Shock Pure Good instead.
    Against Pit Fiends you should use +5 Silver Pure Good instead.

If you can't get a Pit Fiend weapon or don't have Festival Frost, then it's fine. And you'll have it on hand for Maruts, Flesh Renders, Rakshasa, and other odd DRs.

yeah, it's more of a convenience weapon than anything. it isn't terrible, but it certainly isn't going to be replacing anyone's min IIs, or even anyone's +5 holy burst silver weapons i'd bet (and of course, if anyone has +5 holy burst silver of greater evil/lawful outsider bane, then they'll be really laughing... but i think that's got too high of an ML to be even possible for the most part).

it might be handy for clearing up a cluttered inventory though. it is very multi-purpose.

I havent tested it throughly, but it seems that the Metal Fatigue from the Beholder Docent thingie slows my Warforged down for 6-7 seconds.

Also, I havent seen a proc after a few mins of testing in Bastion of Power - but maybe I was unlucky or their saves were too high.
    Devourer: Anneliese, 20 Drow Sorc

The new version of Turbulent Epee is attractive for ease of acquisition and inventory compaction, but it's not really a powerful weapon.

Against most evil creatures (Ogre, Barbazu, etc) you should use +5 Holy Pure Good instead.
    Against most neutral creatures (Hyena, Elemental) you should use +5 Frost Shock Pure Good instead.
    Against Pit Fiends you should use +5 Silver Pure Good instead.

If you can't get a Pit Fiend weapon or don't have Festival Frost, then it's fine. And you'll have it on hand for Maruts, Flesh Renders, Rakshasa, and other odd DRs.
    Just like a +4 Metalline of Pure Good weapon. It's OK against everything, and good against nothing.

Just wanted to toss it out there that Blood of Dragons can also be found as chest loot, like other "store-only" type items.

Last edited by TheDearLeader; 04-30-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Just like a +4 Metalline of Pure Good weapon. It's OK against everything, and good against nothing.
    Superior to +4 met pg against ogres, trolls, tharaks, maruts, and many more. it also has a the unique ability to keep Conjoined Abishai Devastator debuffed from only 1 item.

Shade,

Your screenshot for the Polycurse Dagger is an old one from Lamannia.

The one in Live has a 2d4 base damage die, and additionally has Corrosive Salt as a property.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarDawning View Post
    Shade,

Your screenshot for the Polycurse Dagger is an old one from Lamannia.

The one in Live has a 2d4 base damage die, and additionally has Corrosive Salt as a property.
    Don't have a SS, but can say this is indeed true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Just wanted to toss it out there that Blood of Dragons can also be found as chest loot, like other "store-only" type items.
    Yea seen one in the VoN6 epic chest too.

Tho wouldn't count that as "like other "store-only" type items."
    As they drop in random treasure.

I'd bet this is a VoN6 only drop, probably all difficulties, just as new raid loot. Fits the theme of the raid after all.

OP updated.
    Last edited by Shade; 04-30-2011 at 09:21 AM.

I'd bet this is a VoN6 only drop, probably all difficulties, just as new raid loot. Fits the theme of the raid after all.
    I wonder if it can drop anywhere dragon scales can drop . . . has any checked Tor since the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Yea seen one in the VoN6 epic chest too.

Tho wouldn't count that as "like other "store-only" type items."
    As they drop in random treasure.

OP updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    I wonder if it can drop anywhere dragon scales can drop . . . has any checked Tor since the update?
    Have not considered this, but one or the both of you may be on to something. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Superior to +4 met pg against ogres, trolls, tharaks, maruts, and many more. it also has a the unique ability to keep Conjoined Abishai Devastator debuffed from only 1 item.
    Now that is a use I hadn't considered, for all those groups where you don't have a Monk with Red Dragonscale armor and Acid of Greater Evil Outsider Bane wraps with Risia Icy Burst (Shocking Burst and Holy Burst on rings to get the last regen and the DR).

I'd rather take the monk, however.

Double post

Elite mindsunder netted us this in the optional chest

Linkie because major page margin breaking

For those who can't see, it's a craftable trinket with nothing else on it.

Major thing of note here: The same person who got the trinket ALSO got the gloves of titan's grip, and I've never heard of one person getting two items from a mindsunder chest. Still, it's interesting to see.
    Last edited by khaldan; 04-30-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast