Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow U9 New/Updated Items Guide.

I'll do this again for this update.. Doesn't look like too much work since it's just 1 pack and a few updated eternal wands. Not gonna cover the huge amount of new crafting ingedients tho.

New Items from the new pack - Harbinger of Madness:

Items from Chain End Reward list:
    Axe of Famine (Dwarven Axe) - 2d8 base, +5, Life-Devouring, Strength Sapping, Weakening, Incite +15% [ML:14, BTA]
    Beholder Plate Armor (Fullplate) - +5, Antimagic Spike, Telkinesis Guard, Trace of Madness, Metal Fatigue [ML:14, BTA]
    Beholder Plate Docent - +5, Antimagic Spike, Telekinesis Guard, Trace of Madness, Metal Fatigue [ML:14, BTA]
    Bow of Sinew (Longbow) - (19-20/x3 crit) +5, Elasticity (+1 crit multi on a 19 or 20), Stealth Strike, Seeker +8, Aligned, Overfocus (-10 spot/search). [ML:14, BTA]
    Bracelet of Thaarak (Bracers) - Toughness, DR3/Lawful, Dodge Bonus +2, Acid Breath 3x a day clicky. [ML:15, BTA]
    Polycurse Dagger - 2d4 base, +5, Polycurst, Sneak Attack +3, Deception, Curse Vector, Corrosive Salt [ML14, BTA]
    Scepter of Mad Trickery: +5, Greater Illusion Focus, Greater Enchantment Focus, Spell Penetration VII, Mind Turbulance (-10 Concentration) [ML:14, BTA]
    Quivering Quiver - Max stack Size: 300, Unique Item Capacity: 10, Arrow Spitting [ML:0,BTC]

From "Fear Factory" - End chest:
    Infused Chaosrobe - Spell Tormoil, Lesser Evocation Augmentation IX, Trace of Madness, Power Drain (-30 SP, not the clicky) [ML:14, BTA]

From "In the Flesh" - End chest:
    Parasitic Breastplate - (Armor) +5 Breastplate (Armor:10, Dex:8, ACP:0, SF:10%), Symbiotic Flexibility, Diehard, Trace of Madness, Symbiotic Backlash, Rough Hide (+3 Stacking AC) [ML:14, BTA]

From "Missing" - Any chest:
    Turbulent Epee (Rapier) - +5, Turbulent Burst, Treason, Metaline, Aligned [ML:14, BTA]
    Insanity (Greatsword) 2d10 base, +5, Wild Frenzy, Bewildering, Unbalancing, Unwieldy [ML:14, BTA]

From "Sinister Storage " - End Chest:
    Staff of Fleshshaping (Quaterstaff) - +5, Superior Devotion VI, Superior Nullificaiton VI, Major Healing Lore, Major Void Lore, Effecient Meta - Empower Healing II [ML:14 BTA]

New Potion:
    Blood of Dragons - Allows unlimited free/no timer spell swaps for Bards, Favored Souls and Sorcerers for 1 hour. Spell swaps go back to normal after the potion buff expires. [ML:0,BTC]
    Blood Can be found in:
    - The Plane of Night Raid/Epic Chest
    - Gianthold Tor Dragon chests
    - Prey on the hunter optional dragon chests
    - Mired in Kobold optional dragon chests
    - 75 Argonessen Favor 1 shot reward
    - The DDO Store

Updated Items:
    Epic Cacophonic Verge (Eternal Wand) - CL14 Greater Shout 8x a day (Much faster cast animation) Greater Evocation Focus, Superior Resonance VIII [ML:20, BTA] (Red Fens)
    Epic Winters Wrath (Eternal Wand) - CL20 Ottilukes Freezing Sphere 8x a day, Lesser Cold augmentation IX, Superior Glaciation VII, Improved Glaciation IX [ML:20, BTA] (Not really changed, but Ottilukes now scales up to level20) (Sentinels)
    Eternal Wand of Finger of Fire CL:3 Adds Combustion I (Starter wand/Grotto)
    Eternal Wand of Spark of Light CL:5 Adds Improved Radiance II (Grotto only reward, Mabar event)
    Eternal Wand of Acid Splash CL:5 Adds Greater Corrosion III (WWs end reward)
    Eternal Wand of Magic Missile CL:3 Adds Potency II (Catacombs end reward)
    Eternal Wand of Cure Minor CL:1 Adds Greater Devotion II (Catacombs end reward)

New Effects (Normal = Player tested description, Green = Official untested description):
    Epic Eternal Wands - Recharge now 1minute (previously was 5min)
    Life-Devouring - This weapon deprives an enemy of its energy and passes it on to you. When you roll a 20 on an attack, the enemy must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or be subhected to a -6 penalty to all stats. At the same time you will feel your power return, as though Greater Restoration were cast on you.
    Polycurse - On critical hits it will do one of the random effects stated: Curse (1min) Exhaust (3min) Negative level (Probably just 1) Blindness (Unlimited)
    Curse Vector - Contrary to the description. Very high chance to proc bestow curse on you each time you are hit. Estimate over 30% per hit. However it has a very low save to avoid it unlike the daggers polycurse effect (DC14 i believe) Duration is longer too, about 2 minutes. In heavy fights, it can easily keep you permanently cursed.
    Metal Fatigue - Small chance to exhaust you everytime you are hit (durations is only about 6 seconds tho). No idea why this is present on a docent, Warforged should be immune to it, yet they are not.. They suffer the same effects. Can still be removed any way normal exhaustion can if you dont wanna wait out the 6 seconds.
    Power Drain (New) - Different then the old power drain clicky.. This effect reduces your spell points by 30. (60 for Sorcerers and Favored Souls)
    Symbiotic Flexibility - +4 Dex, -4 Armor check. Tho thats reflected in the items stats anyways so doesn't matter much to know it. (or for it even to exist, being they can alter those stats without an effect, and often do)
    Rough Hide - Description says something about it being natural armor bonus. But that really doesn't make any sense, since natural armor bonuses don't stack.. This effect should be considered untyped as its stackable.
    Antimagic Spike - Works per description. Enemie get "bewindering blow" which prevents spell casting for a short time (~12 seconds iirc). Works on critical hits, and has a DC28 fort save. Effect looks similar to stunning blow particle effect.
    Last edited by Shade; 05-26-2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: big updated of eternal wands.

Pretty much just a copy paste of my lam guide.. But I have some hints on a possible new items i found in the compendium to check out:

ML and theme of items matches the new pack. So perhaps just mega rare drops we didn't find yet?
    New symbiont sounds like it might be nice.. Doesn't show the clicky on compedium, so cant be sure what it does yet. Course the staff seems very mysteruous too..

Anyways for the guide.. Think im missing some if you guys wana get me shots:
    Turbelent Epee.. Was updated to almost transmuting, (well aligned + metaline now)
    Missing lots of the updated wands.

Community Member

Just an fyi, the Staff of the Fleshweaver does in fact, increase the Monks Light/Light/Light finisher, just a thought Went from 30-40 to 80-90

Quote Originally Posted by butlerfamilywa View Post
    Just an fyi, the Staff of the Fleshweaver does in fact, increase the Monks Light/Light/Light finisher, just a thought Went from 30-40 to 80-90
    devotion/potency/ardor always has.

From "Missing" - Named Hound Chest and End chest:
    I found the Epee in the swiftfoot chest
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    I found the Epee in the swiftfoot chest
    mm yea seen it there too.
    Sounds like any chest, updated.

Quote Originally Posted by butlerfamilywa View Post
    I think you got two items kind of intertwined. You mean the Staff of Fleshshaping, but you kind of threw part of the name of Scepter of the Fleshweaver.

Other than that,

Thanks Shade. I've noticed all the eternal wands give some sort of bonus to the type of wand it is. Like Greater Corrosion III Eternal Wand of Acid Splash. At least that's the name of it now.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Last screenshot I saw of Turbulent Epee over at the item wiki had both Metalline and Aligned.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Last screenshot I saw of Turbulent Epee over at the item wiki had both Metalline and Aligned.
    That's doubtful, a harry beater that easy to get... The first screenshot of it from lamannia I saw was here>> http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=58
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    That's doubtful, a harry beater that easy to get... The first screenshot of it from lamannia I saw was here>> http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=58
    :P

Metalline and Aligned
    http://itemwiki.cubicleninja.com/Ite...px?itemID=1717
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

saw the epee last night and yes it does have metaline and aligned............. guildy said he got it from the swiftfoot chest

no piccy tho so no-one will believe me

screen shot above lol got to love the speed of posting and someone putting a piccy in
    Last edited by Cade_Wells; 04-28-2011 at 02:08 AM.

I got a very fresh image for the Epee, picked one up today, in case there's still some dispute

Khyber -Corzak, Borzak, Breneth, Sighian, Lorkig, Voltumna

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Must. Have. Trinket.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    I suggested that change to Genasi; the item was awful before it, now it's a reasonably accessible beater that's about as good overall as a +4 silver of PG weapon.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

eppeeeeee updated.

Anyone find the mindfury symbiont yet?

.. Remember how long the von4 one took to find? .. yea me neither. but it was a long time.

Be sure to smash all the breakables in the new quests and find it guys =)

Shade, can you put a note to indicate which of the screenshots of items are from Lamannia and which are confirmed to be from Live? And maybe also summarise changes.

Community Member

From my post on the Lam thread - anyone seeing graphics below on the live server Scepter?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Star View Post
    One more of the sceptor, perhaps the creepiest and most interesting item design so far. The eyeball at the end of the sceptor moves and looks around. Hard to stop staring at it

It doesn't appear to look like this on live for me :/ Much more plain, no eyeball.
    --

Also, got the new Sinew Bow and passed to monk AA. It's nice to see a nearly 200 crit on 19 or 20 with Elasticity and Earth III but... it's not very satisfying overall. Plinking away waiting for a 10% chance of a nice crit proc just doesn't look or feel great - one little number floating up from their heads 90% of the time is pretty dull.

As I said before - with Slayer being the main imbue AAs really don't need any more wait-for-an-occasional-proc type weapons. I know there's 5% more chance than a slayer proc but meh... feels like a lot of waiting and then overkill most times. I think GS will still be the go-to bow especially given you can access it earlier on TR. I'll probably pass the Sinew Bow to a non-AA for those occasional times ranged is preferred.

Think some kind of burst or secondary effect would've been nice to increase the amount of dmg numbers appearing. I know it's an odd perception related thing to say but in a game like DDO it's very rare to see one number above an enemy's head and, even if that's a decent number, it feels like you've taken a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    From my post on the Lam thread - anyone seeing graphics below on the live server Scepter?

--

Also, got the new Sinew Bow and passed to monk AA. It's nice to see a nearly 200 crit on 19 or 20 with Elasticity and Earth III but... it's not very satisfying overall. Plinking away waiting for a 10% chance of a nice crit proc just doesn't look or feel great - one little number floating up from their heads 90% of the time is pretty dull.

As I said before - with Slayer being the main imbue AAs really don't need any more wait-for-an-occasional-proc type weapons. I know there's 5% more chance than a slayer proc but meh... feels like a lot of waiting and then overkill most times. I think GS will still be the go-to bow especially given you can access it earlier on TR. I'll probably pass the Sinew Bow to a non-AA for those occasional times ranged is preferred.

Think some kind of burst or secondary effect would've been nice to increase the amount of dmg numbers appearing. I know it's an odd perception related thing to say but in a game like DDO it's very rare to see one number above an enemy's head and, even if that's a decent number, it feels like you've taken a step down.
    Any better, and that Sinew bow wouldn't just be better than tier 2 Greensteel, it could be better than the epic Thornlord. The amazing crit profile makes it scale better with gear than any other bow in game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    Plinking away waiting for a 10% chance of a nice crit proc just doesn't look or feel great - one little number floating up from their heads 90% of the time is pretty dull.
    That observation runs counter to literally centuries of game design knowledge.

People are more entertained to watch a mixed stream of little numbers with an intermittent big one than to have consistent medium numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Shade, can you put a note to indicate which of the screenshots of items are from Lamannia and which are confirmed to be from Live? And maybe also summarise changes.
    k.

Note: All information is fully accurate towards the current live versions.

And infact was since I put the post up - note I had the info about the epee being the old pic on post 2 before anyone mentioned it.

Nothing was changed from lam to live (not even things that should of been changed, like the ddo store having up the pack, tho it was removed some hours after it went live). The changes were all done on the 2nd last lam patch, I just didn't get any shots of the epee when I did that update.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast