Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default New epics please. Nothing going to be released for a year?!

Having read the letter I must say I'm not impressed. I have been supportive of the changes being made to epics in U9 and excited about the spellpass and somewhat interested in the crafting. I, and many others, were hoping this was setting the foundation for a bevy of new epic quests this year.

It sounds like this isn't going to be the case. Epic GH would keep us busy for a while maybe it's time to dust that off, spruce it up or do whatever u need to do to make it ready.

I'm actually disgusted at the lack of attention focused at the endgame. Level 16. Bleh. I get the sinking feeling that the update after that will be a level 20 release but will be aimed at those who have just recently capped. Kinda like a nursemaid pack. Please release some challenging content at endgame.

N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

/subscribed
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Though there may be no epics announced, there will be end-game content. Not the same, but better than nothing.

From the letter:

"House Cannith is also responsible for the creation of the Warforged and we are working on a great new adventure pack which will show you some of this history. By popular request it will also include a new wilderness and raid for characters at the level cap!"

Agreed Nick, new epics are sorely needed and i hope they add some more.

Also i hope that new raid he talked about will be a challenge for high end players being atleast around maybe ToD elite for difficulty even on normal (altough i know that would never happen, to many people would complain and turbine wouldn't sell enough of that pack.). To complete it on elite i would expect somethign almost impossible to complete, but with something special at the end. So that you can feel that finishing it is an achievement in itself.

Dawia Motenuse, Causa Mortis, Kudly Raindeer
    Kuddlier than Elkdeers, Kutest Rabbit,

If I understand Fernandos two posts, they arent doing more Epics because it is still in the middle of a reboot. The changes being made to Epics in U9, aren't the end of the reboot. Let them finish making lvl 15-20 content so they can focus on solely on Epic for a few updates.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    If I understand Fernandos two posts, they arent doing more Epics because it is still in the middle of a reboot.
    A year is a long time for a reboot.

Let them finish making lvl 15-20 content so they can focus on solely on Epic for a few updates.
    Historically, they don't focus on endgame content for more than a single update. I find it difficult to believe that they would change their pattern without prodding.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

/signed
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by nick_robinsonchia View Post
    Having read the letter I must say I'm not impressed. I have been supportive of the changes being made to epics in U9 and excited about the spellpass and somewhat interested in the crafting. I, and many others, were hoping this was setting the foundation for a bevy of new epic quests this year.

It sounds like this isn't going to be the case. Epic GH would keep us busy for a while maybe it's time to dust that off, spruce it up or do whatever u need to do to make it ready.

I'm actually disgusted at the lack of attention focused at the endgame. Level 16. Bleh. I get the sinking feeling that the update after that will be a level 20 release but will be aimed at those who have just recently capped. Kinda like a nursemaid pack. Please release some challenging content at endgame.

N
    Well we know there are several more quests after this chain being released now in the pipeline which are level 17~ So I guess it is getting there, BUT 15~17 was in more need of content than any other level range, this has helped a lot.

I hope after this they will release some more epics, I would love that too.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

epic GH? /signed

epic orchard? /even more signed

epics that are actually more difficult than epic sands rather than less? /can't sign quickly enough

But really? after seeing some of your guild's recent accomplishments, I wonder what exactly would be a challenge for you. At some point, someone is too much of an outlier for the dev's to actually plan something difficult for them that wouldn't be completely impossible for everyone else.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't try though. Ideally they could find a way to plan far enough ahead to release something for the uber hardcores to hack at for a while, even if they don't expect the rest of us unwashed masses to complete it for a long time (if ever). Just not sure if that is something they can really pull off.
    ~Sarlona~
    Malpyre ~ Malyoko ~ Malsyn ~ Malyficent ~ Malkyrie ~ Malexi
    ~Orien~
    Malfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbothegreen View Post
    ...To complete it on elite i would expect somethign almost impossible to complete, but with nothing special at the end. So that you can feel that finishing it is an achievement in itself.
    Asking for extremely challenging content (virtually impossible to beat except for the best of the best) and wanting special rewards is a bad combination.

As long as the only way to get that +10 Uber Item of Game Winningness is to run the elite-only content, you will find that we lesser-geared and lesser-skilled players will complain about how it's not fair.

Unless you think that the majority of Turbine's income comes from the ultra-elite players who are currently bored with running the entire game on Elite and Epic...

What Turbine needs to do is to release a high-level pack (with a 12 man raid) that makes Elite Amrath look like Waterworks, and has similar rewards. Unfortunately, I don't think there's enough people who would buy the pack to make it worth their while.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

/signed

Turbine just does not get it. There is not an ever ending supply of new players to replace the ones that leave because you continue to ignore end game and instead cater to the most casual of casual players...
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Please release some challenging content at endgame.
    This
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

N
    U9 pack is lvl15. And very easy, soloable by ungeared level 12s.
    U10 pack is level17. 4 new quests again no raid. Probably also very easy. I doubt even the U11 pack will be 20. Probably 19. Might have a raid, might not.

Fernando heard some people dont like epic, so this is the solution...

Power by our fans.. New fans only I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    Historically, they don't focus on endgame content for more than a single update. I find it difficult to believe that they would change their pattern without prodding.
    True, but they wont get to the lvl 20 content until the last update this year, which is presumably Update 12, if they are doing just 4 updates this year. 4 updates this year means once a quarter, so in the Oct-Dec timeframe. (U9 was delayed by the snowstorms earlier this year, and the new crafting tech).

There is also the challenge quest to consider. That can go up to lvl 25, if its built like the CC event.

**EDIT What I guess I dont understand is:

Everyone was complaining there wasnt enough lvl 15+ conent, and now that the devs have finally gotten to that part of their development cycle, everyone wants them to drop it to make more Epic (lvl 20+) content? I want Turbine to take all the time they need to make Quality, interesting to play content, and I realize that takes time. If you want a game with a huge staff, and a high quest turnout rate that results in cookie cutter quests that is only focused on endgame content, then you are looking for WoW.
    Last edited by AZgreentea; 04-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

I really cant see any reason for them to release more epic content, until they actually make some that is worth playing for the entire population.

End game content shouldnt be seen as some uber challenge for a fraction of a percent of the population. I have always found it ironic how many sit here on the forums demanding new content with new challenge while preaching making the most twinked out, min/maxxed characters possible. If you want challenge in any MMO you dont find it by making the best of the best builds, you do it by making the most hated, gimped builds, and then still accomplishing what would be for the best of the best, a casual fun romp.

Super builds are for those who DONT WANT challenge. Its the way it works in every MMO I play. In city of heroes you want challenge you play a melee controller who doesnt depend on pets, or a katan super reflex scrapper with no self healing. In guild wars you play an elemental/warrior who uses a sword and closes.

Challenge is something we as players are suppose to find for ourselves. while having a fun baseline game that all can enjoy so it doesnt end up dieing off.

I always laugh at guys who claim to be skilled and after challenge on DDO after they link thier GS items at lvl 12 and saying how they will solo the elite velah while the rest of the party play support the glory mongering wowtard.

The reason I think they are not making more epic content, is they know at, its so under played, devoting any amount of resource to making more, until they can figure out how to make the current more enjoyable for all to play, would be grosly wasteful.

/signed

Running TRs forever is NOT endgame.
    FIX LAG

That can go up to lvl 25, if its built like the CC event.
    Thats exactly the kind of thing most endgame players like myself do NOT want.

CC was very much so, casual only. Without any option for normal, hard or elite, forget epic. Just because it had levels over 20, didn't make it at all challenging.

Not interested in that. We want something actually challenging. The so called challenge system, sounds like a very casual player oriented thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vanquishedfo View Post
    ...super Builds Are For Those Who Dont Want Challenge...
    Qfft
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

It's ok. I'm sure we'll have another event or two (my personal pet peeve) to help you take your mind off the lack of content produced.
    Khyber Server
    Tarackian / ZuZu / Lightningbug / Rockme / TerraMater / CuraTeIpsum / IamtheMatrix / LifeTaker / Grimdeath / Godsbreath / Killerbee / Kyokujitsu
    Loreseekers - Member and Elder

The Hatchery

Epics aren't endgame. They're a grind. The reboot should make more methods of doing them more viable, other than just hold/beat, hold/beat, hold/beat, kill boss, loot; and make it more challenging (with higher saves). I personally am pshyced to assassinate in epics.

People said they wanted +16 content. Turbine is now doing +16 content. Now they need to do epics... The letter said there was going to be an endgame raid. Stop dooming about "OMG NU EPICS COMING? TURBINE Y U SO NO CARE FOR THE TOP OF THE TOP PLEYERS?" Would turning current packs into epic be any better than current epics? Hold/beat, hold/beat, hold/beat, kills boss, loot? How challenging is that? Right now there's only a few challenging epics. Just wait for the epics to be redone, then more epics will be released.

Seriously. How many posts were made wanting new epics? How many were made wanting new +16 content? Turbine doesn't pander to just you. The top of the top players are not the majority, and everyone would benefit from new +16 packs.

If you want a challenge, do epics with no healer or CCer, just using self sufficiency and whatever other tactics you can think of. And not carnival level, either. And know that if you trick out your toon with epic gear, greensteel and run epics with an optimal party, of course it's going to be easy.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast