Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    699

    Default

    If you are counting boosts and buffs like halfling comp. You can't leave out ship buffs for +5 more.

    +2 dex
    +2 wis
    +3 for stacking nat armor buffs, kobold, dwarf, and denith.
    Blind Faith

    Noheels,Ravenwind-Sarlona,FirstOfOne,Kraagg

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny this? Do epic mobs have over 130 AB? What's the maximum AC someone has walked into an epic quest with; ~110?
    No but I've been in the 90s in epics, the real killer in epics is grazing hits. The damage is in the 20s or 30s on 50% of mob's swings even if you do hit that magix hit on 20 number(which varies mob to mob due to the minion debuff). I find it best to just go DPS as most trash is CCed anyways and not swinging.

    AC is still better than no AC in epics when going for mitagation, but it is in no way worth the effort or cost in DPS.
    Blind Faith

    Noheels,Ravenwind-Sarlona,FirstOfOne,Kraagg

  3. #23
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrim View Post
    If you are counting boosts and buffs like halfling comp. You can't leave out ship buffs for +5 more.

    +2 dex
    +2 wis
    +3 for stacking nat armor buffs, kobold, dwarf, and denith.
    Nice catch! Totally forgot those.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Epic Seal of the Earth gives +6 natural armor if you can fit that somewhere.

  5. #25
    Community Member Grenada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Adding mobility feat and fighter mobility enhancement I gives another 6 ac tumbling. Plus, your tumble speed is not affected by the defender stance.

  6. #26
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Adding ship buffs is one; I don't see other pots represented.

    EDIT: Nevermind; I see them on the stat lines now.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Water stance I adds +1 ac, and +2 ac while tumbling, combined with mobility and fighter mobility 2 to add a total of +1 ac base and a further +10 ac while tumbling.

    As for epic mobs, I've taken a 95 ac into epic chrono and you really do see the misses stacking up. Not worth it though, I usually switch ac out for useful things there.

  8. #28

    Default

    Can you have both CE and defensive stance running?

    I thought it was one or the other.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

  9. #29
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Can you have both CE and defensive stance running?

    I thought it was one or the other.
    The Stance I am referring to is not the Defensive Fighting Feat that can be toggled. It is the Stance from the Stalwart Defender Prestige line, which does stack.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  10. #30
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grenada View Post
    Adding mobility feat and fighter mobility enhancement I gives another 6 ac tumbling. Plus, your tumble speed is not affected by the defender stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmnqwk View Post
    Water stance I adds +1 ac, and +2 ac while tumbling, combined with mobility and fighter mobility 2 to add a total of +1 ac base and a further +10 ac while tumbling.

    As for epic mobs, I've taken a 95 ac into epic chrono and you really do see the misses stacking up. Not worth it though, I usually switch ac out for useful things there.
    Tumbling AC has been added in.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Oregon, USA, and Locutius.Com
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    The only legit way to know max AC is to do it, and then post a screenshot.

    Yes, you can calculate. But every one of these calculations that shows up on the forums seems to have errors that no one has time to analyze deeply enough to find. I think you show 2 exceptional bonuses as stacking (GS Kamas), when I'm pretty sure they don't stack. Also, items often have penalties or requirements that are not figured in.

    You might be the first to have just gotten it right. I notice at least that you are lawful and your classes allow that... Half of these posts have things like lawful classes mixes with chaotic class levels, etc. But I have a hard time believing it without a screenshot.
    Nyr Dyv Raiders - Sarlona
    Bloodbath, Barb 20 · Stonehaul, AC Build 20 · Sonnkral, Melee 20 · Sacrament, Cleric 17 · Sentient, Sorcerer 17 · Kimosabe, Archer 20 · Livid, Rogue 15 · Luthiena, Bard 20 · Luxoria, Paladin 8· Machinos, Wiz 8

  12. #32
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    I think only 10 points of dodge AC is capable. 1+2+3+4 = 10

    Like bonuses don't stack.

    Interesting mental exercise. Now the trick is to come up with a build which wouldn't be totally gimp with as close to that AC as possible. Probably would have to look at monk instead of rogue and a race with hate enhancements to not be useless.

  13. #33
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanJHawkins View Post
    The only legit way to know max AC is to do it, and then post a screenshot.

    Yes, you can calculate. But every one of these calculations that shows up on the forums seems to have errors that no one has time to analyze deeply enough to find. I think you show 2 exceptional bonuses as stacking (GS Kamas), when I'm pretty sure they don't stack. Also, items often have penalties or requirements that are not figured in.

    You might be the first to have just gotten it right. I notice at least that you are lawful and your classes allow that... Half of these posts have things like lawful classes mixes with chaotic class levels, etc. But I have a hard time believing it without a screenshot.
    I realize that this only theoretical as I have stated previously and that in no way will ever be achieved in game, but its is a fun exercise of analyzing game mechanics.

    As for the comment on the +2 Exceptional Dex Bonus, only one kama is considered having it since like based bonuses do not stack. This can be seen in the Attribute calculations.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  14. #34
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I think only 10 points of dodge AC is capable. 1+2+3+4 = 10

    Like bonuses don't stack.

    Interesting mental exercise. Now the trick is to come up with a build which wouldn't be totally gimp with as close to that AC as possible. Probably would have to look at monk instead of rogue and a race with hate enhancements to not be useless.
    I believe that is true for items, but Dodge Bonuses from other sources I believe still stack as well as the Alchemical AC ritual on Armor, which is technically a Dodge bonus. I will hop on my characters in game and try to verify what I can, but I believe that 10 points of Dodge Bonus isn't true unless that is based strictly on item bonuses.

    Also, I am looking into build ideas that would be more practical for this purpose and from my initial thinking a combo of monk rogue is looking pretty good. I will probably make a post in the build forums when I finally have the practical build completed.
    Last edited by Grieve; 04-28-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  15. #35
    Community Member DrakmireTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I'm going to look like an idiot in a sec when someone points out the obvious answer but...where are you getting your 7 dex item?

  16. #36
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakmireTS View Post
    I'm going to look like an idiot in a sec when someone points out the obvious answer but...where are you getting your 7 dex item?
    Actually, that would be my bad. In a previous version, the build had the Epic Staff of Natt Gann. I will update and modify. Thank you for catching that.
    Last edited by Grieve; 04-28-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  17. #37
    Community Member jcTharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    witty comment about your mother goes here
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    dwarfs have a bonus versus giants, so the best possible is with a dwarf. if it helps here is something from when i asked about this over a year ago. you can see how much it has changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Something along these lines

    Code:
    1monk/8rog/11fgt halfling
    1 monk = Wis ac + water stance
    8 rogue = imp uncanny dodge, and dex enhacnements
    11 fgt = Fighter mobility & Defender & ac boost
    
    weapons minII or waterx3(*/wis/ac4 + LSII or radianceII (*/dex/dex)
    
    AC Breakdown
    ----------------
    10 base
    18 dex mod (47 Dex: 20 base + 5 levels + 4 tome + 4 enh + 6 item + 3 exceptional + 1 LotD +2 Yugoloth potion +2 Store potion)
    13 Wis mod (37 Wis: 17 base + 6 item + 4 tome + 1 LotD+1 exceptional +2 exceptional (ring) +2 water stance +2 Yugoloth potion +2 store potion)
    4 Icy Raiments 
    3 Chattering ring
    1 AC Ritual
    1 Dodge Feat
    8 AC bracers
    5 Deflection
    5 CE
    4 Insight
    1 TW defense feat
    1 size bonus
    ----------------
    Unbuffed - 74
    ----------------
    4 Shield spell
    3 Barkskin potion
    1 Haste
    1 Airguard haste
    ----------------
    Self buffed - 83
    ----------------
    3 halfling heroes companion
    4 bard song
    6 Pally aura (DoS rank 3 paladin)
    2 Recitation
    2 Ranger Barkskin
    2 Defensive Stance
    ----------------
    Raid Buffed - 102
    ----------------
    3 Blocking (+1 for defender I)
    4 Mobility (while tumbling)
    6 ftr mobility (while tumbling)
    2 Water stance (while tumbling)
    5 Fighter AC boost III
    6 Imp. Uncanny Dodge
    2 Wisdom (+3 alchemical =38)
    4 Dexterity (+4 Showtime +3 alchemical =52) 
    ----------------
    Situational max possible AC - 134
    
    
    
    Or dwarf vs giants
    -2 dex (-2 racial dex, -2 racial enh)
    -1 size bonus
    +7 vs giants(4 + 3 enhancements)
    ----------------
    138 dwarf
    Last edited by jcTharin; 04-28-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

  18. #38
    Community Member DrakmireTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grieve View Post
    Actually, that would be my bad. In a previous version, the build had the Epic Staff of Natt Gann. I will update and modify. Thank you for catching that.
    Okay, cool, good to know I'm not completely blind. One thing to consider now though is that since you have an odd amount of dex and an odd amount of wisdom, if you give up your +1 dodge AC trinket, you can plop in a Litany to net you a dex and wis bracket, for a net gain of 1.

    Edit: Oh, right, Hezrou is going to overwrite the bonus to dex, so at best, you'd be breaking even.

  19. #39
    Community Member Grieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakmireTS View Post
    Okay, cool, good to know I'm not completely blind. One thing to consider now though is that since you have an odd amount of dex and an odd amount of wisdom, if you give up your +1 dodge AC trinket, you can plop in a Litany to net you a dex and wis bracket, for a net gain of 1.

    Edit: Oh, right, Hezrou is going to overwrite the bonus to dex, so at best, you'd be breaking even.
    And the Abishai Cookie Bonus would overwrite the Wisdom Bonus, which is why the Trinket is still there.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

  20. #40
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    From a practical build POV I would stay well away from anything resembling rogue. Rogue only provides short term, non-sustainable buffs as far as AC is concerned and the rogue niche is directly contrary to the point of such a build. As in, rogues shine in situations where they don't have aggro and you'd never not want to have aggro on this build as it would be mitigating damage to your party.

    Possibly Monk, Fighter as the 2 primary classes with a 2 splash of something else such as paladin for the boost to saves. Alternatively, some solid levels of paladin could be an ideal investment as it might be the only way you have a hope of keeping aggro (at least 6 for divine righteousness).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload