Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What is the Max AC?

Updated as of 1/26/2012. Open to suggestions since I have not looked closely some of the newer gear.

Ok, I've been wondering what the max Armor Class is in game so ran some numbers and came up with a max Armor Class (everything included, perfect situation) and want to run it by the forum junkies here and see if it jives with everyone here.

So without further ado...

Max AC is 151

Again, this number is from my calculations, which could be totally wrong.

And the numbers behind it... (it will be like a miniature build due to the complexity of fitting all aspects of AC on to a character and it makes life easier on me)

Character - Halfling 11 Fighter/8 Rogue/1 Monk

~Gear Set~
    Head: Epic Helm of Frost (w/ GFL)
    Goggles: Epic Goggles of Time-sensing
    Trinket: Greater Nimble Trinket
    Necklace: Epic Grims Bracelet (w/ Toughness)
    Cloak: Epic Mabar Cloak
    Bracers: Fabricator's Bracers
    Belt: Epic Siren's Belt
    Boots: Epic Boots of Corrosion (w/ Heavy Fort & +1 exp Dex)
    Gloves: Epic Charged Gauntlets (w/ (w/ +1 exp Wis))
    Ring 1: Epic Ring of Silver Concord (w/ +1 exp Cha)
    Ring 2: Epic Seal of the Earth
    Armor: Icy Rainment (Alc dodge rit)
    Weapon: GS Kama (1 w/ +6 Dex & +2 exp Dex) & Alchem Kama (w/ HA 4, Alc Wis +2)

Hot Swap: Trip Air GS Item <-extreme limits

~Attributes~ (Completionist)
    Str: (6 base) <-ignoring
    Dex: 62 (20 base + 5 lvlups + 4 enh + 4 tome + 6 item + 3 exp + 2 ship buff + 2 completionist feat + 2 yugo pot + 4 hezrou cookie + 4 showtime + 2 store pot + 4 alc proc)
    Con: (10 base) <-ignoring
    Int: 13 (10 base + 3 tome) <-only concerned for CE
    Wis: 50 (18 base + 4 tome + 6 item + 3 exp + 2 ship buff + 2 completionist feat + 2 alc + 2 yugo + 4 abishai cookie set + 2 store + 3 alc + 2 water stance)
    Cha: (8 base) <-ignoring

Important feats:
    Combat Expertise
    Dodge
    Completionist
    TWD
    Mobility

Armor Class
    10 Base
    26 Dex
    20 Wis
    13 Dodge (4 Icy + 3 Chat Ring + 2 Mabar Cloak + 1 GNT + 1 Dodge Feat + 1 Alc Dodge AC Armor Rit + 1 water stance)
    8 armor bonus
    4 insight
    5 CE
    1 size
    6 prot
    6 nat armor
    3 profane nat armor (Epic Abishai Set)
    1 Stalwart Defender I
    1 TWD
    ------------------
    104 - standing
    ------------------
    6 Imp Uncanny Dodge
    4 Shield Spell
    1 Haste
    5 AC Boost
    2 Defensive stance
    1 Kobold ship buff
    1 House D ship buff
    1 House K ship buff
    10 While Tumbling (4 Mobility + 6 Fgt Mobility III)
    ------------------
    135 - self buffed
    ------------------
    4 AC song
    2 Recitation
    6 Pally Aura
    3 Hero's Comp
    1 Haste Guard Proc from Trip Air GS
    2 Alchemical AC Proc (Fabricator's Bracers)
    ------------------
    151 - fully buffed in perfect conditions (which may only last for like 10 seconds max depending on how lucky you are)

And there you have it. That is what I calculate at the max AC.
    Last edited by Grieve; 03-14-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

Did you count "Halfling Hero's Companion"? The Tier IV on that enhancement gives a +3 bonus to miss that most people miss when calculating max AC.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

I did miss that and actually, I just realized I missed a couple other minor things as well so gonna be editing it shortly.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    Raiding for Dummies

Community Member

It's impossible to confirm anything without you posting the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritBoy View Post
    It's impossible to confirm anything without you posting the numbers.
    I didn't post my numbers yet because I assume someone out there would direct me to a thread or page where this has actually been calculated already, but if it will please those in the dark, I will update my original post with my numbers and the gear set used.
    Raiding for Dummies

the biggest AC I've seen is 24,000 BTU's

EDIT: being a smarta$$.... I play a barb, what do you expect me to know about AC??!?!?!?

You could switch from halfling (1 size) to human (full 5 AC boost) to gain 1.

You could switch from 10 fighter SD to 10 paladin DoS, get the same stance, lose 1 from SD, gain 3 from Aura of Good and Bulwark 2.

You could switch DT armor to Icys, and switch the Encrusted Ring with the Chattering Ring. You lose 1 from 2 exc. Dex and gain 4 from Dodge.

eta: and TWD for 1 more!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    You could switch from halfling (1 size) to human (full 5 AC boost) to gain 1.

You could switch from 10 fighter SD to 10 paladin DoS, get the same stance, lose 1 from SD, gain 3 from Aura of Good and Bulwark 2.

You could switch DT armor to Icys, and switch the Encrusted Ring with the Chattering Ring. You lose 1 from 2 exc. Dex and gain 4 from Dodge.

eta: and TWD for 1 more!
    The Human AC Boost should work though if someone can verify if both the HV 4 AC Boost works with the Fgt AC Boost 4. I haven't actually used the 2 together before.

The SD to DoS would only be decent for self-buff because as far as max AC goes you get more by combining the SD bonus with being in another player's DoS III max aura.

Umm... Epic Staff of Natt Gann has +4 Dodge main reason it is being used, but yes I guess swapping to TWF with a GS that has +2 exp Dex on it.
    Last edited by Grieve; 04-21-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Raiding for Dummies

*mega ac toon walks into epic quest totin his 150 ac. Quickly gets sliced into ribbons by the first epic mob who hits him 90% of the time*

When they fix ac, this might be fun

Don't think the Staff counts as two weapons, so TWD wouldn't apply would it?
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Human AC boost and Fighter AC boost do not stack. You can run 2 boosts if they are from difference class/race but only if they are not the same. If the same, only the highest works.
    Life is a comedy to those who think;
    Life is a tragedy to those who feel;
    Life is a fantasy to those who game.

Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    Don't think the Staff counts as two weapons, so TWD wouldn't apply would it?
    Fixed must not have saved the edit.
    Raiding for Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Starspawn View Post
    Human AC boost and Fighter AC boost do not stack. You can run 2 boosts if they are from difference class/race but only if they are not the same. If the same, only the highest works.
    Ok good so no need to change the race then. Atleast for this theoretical build. In practical application, Human may actually be better, but this one is more theoretical.
    Raiding for Dummies

132?? Really? Wow!

I felt pretty good about hitting 40.. (That's with no epic anythings, just my noobalicious +5 platemail and a handful of cleric buffs).

*shuffles away, a sad, sad, panda*

Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Quote Originally Posted by Starspawn View Post
    So drop fighter and rogue going pure monk.

Monk centered bonus is +5 and you'll have DR/epic as well. This costs 2 AC from loss of Showtime but salvages 2 AC lost from boost.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    132?? Really? Wow!

I felt pretty good about hitting 40.. (That's with no epic anythings, just my noobalicious +5 platemail and a handful of cleric buffs).

enjoy your 40 ac before you hit giant hold and the vale.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    132?? Really? Wow!

I can confirm you are indeed a sad, sad panda.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    So drop fighter and rogue going pure monk.

Monk centered bonus is +5 and you'll have DR/epic as well. This costs 2 AC from loss of Showtime but salvages 2 AC lost from boost.
    You lose a lot more AC dropping Fighter & Rogue...

No Fighter:
    3 AC just from Stalwart
    5 from Fgt AC Boost

No Rogue:
    3 AC due to Dex(2 Dex enh, 4 Dex from Showtime)
    6 AC from Imp Uncanny Dodge

So lose 13 AC then again 20 Monk may be more practical, but like I've said this is theoretical and just looking at Max AC right now.
    Raiding for Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Grieve View Post
    You lose a lot more AC dropping Fighter & Rogue...

No Fighter:
    3 AC just from Stalwart
    5 from Fgt AC Boost

No Rogue:
    3 AC due to Dex(2 Dex enh, 4 Dex from Showtime)
    6 AC from Imp Uncanny Dodge

So lose 13 AC then again 20 Monk may be more practical, but like I've said this is theoretical and just looking at Max AC right now.
    Monks get WIS enhancements (3 of them) which makes up for the lost 2 DEX since AC is DEX/WIS synergy based.

Fighter AC boost conflicts with human AC boost. So you take the AC boost from being human w/o needing the fighter boost (which is want prompted my initial post).

I will admit that I hadn't figured in the 3 AC from Stalwart Defender. So keeping the fighter levels and replacing rogue with monk only generates 3 AC from being centered which is equal to the 2 AC from Showtime plus the 1 AC from being centered -- the 3 WIS potentially outweighs the 2 DEX enhancements, but it appears to be a wash.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    *mega ac toon walks into epic quest totin his 150 ac. Quickly gets sliced into ribbons by the first epic mob who hits him 90% of the time*

When they fix ac, this might be fun
    Can anyone confirm or deny this? Do epic mobs have over 130 AB? What's the maximum AC someone has walked into an epic quest with; ~110?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast