Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Ten Ton Hammer previews Update 9!

Ten Ton Hammer recently previewed Update 9! Click here to read more!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ten Ton Hammer can preview it, but we can't get updated release notes for the update today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Release date of update tagged as April 27th at the end of the preview
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

I've not checked on Lamania, but from my reading of the wiki and the forum threads, you are limited to crafting currently generated items... Which means at most one prefix and one suffix enahncement on each item...

Doesn't that make the gloves of uber rogueness described in the article impossible to make...

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I've not checked on Lamania, but from my reading of the wiki and the forum threads, you are limited to crafting currently generated items... Which means at most one prefix and one suffix enahncement on each item...

Doesn't that make the gloves of uber rogueness described in the article impossible to make...
    the gloves decribed were strength and dd a prefix and suffix
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Ten Ton Hammer can preview it, but we can't get updated release notes for the update today?
    ^this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Release date of update tagged as April 27th at the end of the preview

^this.

and ^this again...

It would be nice for a change if news like this could even be released at the same time that other sites get the information...
    It seems to be a real shame that we can get more info from other MMO sites than on our own forums.
    (ex. there are a few threads asking about a release date, Trickrell has pointed out above that either we don't have all the info or TTH has false info / glitched build / didn't really craft like was claimed in the article etc.)

/sigh
    /tired rant off
    Last edited by Avidus; 04-20-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling / formating
    ~ Rukan 4/3 pal/mnk(Past Life mnk x3) ~ Ignavus 16 wiz(Past Life sor/wiz) ~ Styphon 20 Game Deformer(Past Life Clr) ~
    ~ Wyek 7/6 mnk/ftr ~ Lystara 5/6/2 ftr/rng/mnk ~ Tinder 12 brb ~

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    the gloves decribed were strength and dd a prefix and suffix
    If you want gloves that provide a bonus to Strength and a bonus to Open Lock and Disable Device, you are now free to do so. This system puts the power of creation in the players’ hands. We can create the items that we want to use. We can consolidate bonuses into a single item so we don’t have to switch back and forth. Granted, you’ll have to work at it if you want Gloves of Uber Roguedom...
    Thats not how i read this paragraph. Granted I think it is wrong, but...

Thats not how i read this paragraph. Granted I think it is wrong, but...

missed the open lock piece, yep that is wrong
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Did I read in there that you can either make a shard bound or unbound with more effort? If so definitely love the fact that I will be able to make all items I craft unbound on 1 character. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with the system

Thumbs up

The crafting change is spot on! From what Ive seen & read, Turbine did a bang-up job on the new system, and should satisfy almost everyone's request for an overhaul.

The new content, (in my opinion) is cool, but will be ransacked with-in 4 hours by the power gamers, and leave them screaming for more!

The FVS & Sorc PRe's are GREAT, and should make some really cool builds for both classes.

Now about the intim......

Can't wait Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Can we expect a state of the game and DDO defrag tool on April 27th as well?
    Last edited by Bladedge; 04-20-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: forgot the '?'
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

You can make a bound shard or an unbound shard. An unbound shard you can sell off or trade, but requires more components to make.
    If you want gloves that provide a bonus to Strength and a bonus to Open Lock and Disable Device, you are now free to do so.<snip>We can consolidate bonuses into a single item so we don’t have to switch back and forth.
    Did they get a build your paying customers didn't, or are they simply going off of rumor instead of having someone on the ground actually testing this stuff before they talked about it?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTon
    slaying boosts for clearing wilderness areas. A slayer boost of 25% means that for every four creatures you kill, you get credit for five.
    Had not heard of this, new type of xp boost for the p2p. never bought an xp boost, and wont buy this, but seems to be less efficient then the normal xp pots.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

After 9 years in development, hopefully, it will have been worth the weight.

Oh wait, im thinking of another game, let me rephrase that:

"After 3 years in development, hopefully, it will have been worth the wait."

I wonder if anything originally in the canceled Mod 9 was put into Update 9 instead? Makes you wonder...Still, looking forward to seeing the update, it looks big!
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    After 9 years in development, hopefully, it will have been worth the weight.

Oh wait, im thinking of another game, let me rephrase that:

"After 3 years in development, hopefully, it will have been worth the wait."

I wonder if anything originally in the canceled Mod 9 was put into Update 9 instead? Makes you wonder...Still, looking forward to seeing the update, it looks big!
    mod 9 was not cancelled it became the Amrath content of the EU release, It was just never released as a stand alone mod, and then they decided to rename the updates starting at 0 for EU
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member

It amazes me that Turbine promoted this review based on a single paragraph...

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.tentonhammer.com/ddo/update9-preview
    In addition to the ease and fluidity of crafting, what especially struck me was how the crafting system is close to the spirit of magic items in the pen-and-paper Dungeons and Dragons game, which I’ve been playing for 30 years. (Yes, I’m old!) If you want gloves that provide a bonus to Strength and a bonus to Open Lock and Disable Device, you are now free to do so. This system puts the power of creation in the players’ hands. We can create the items that we want to use. We can consolidate bonuses into a single item so we don’t have to switch back and forth. Granted, you’ll have to work at it if you want Gloves of Uber Roguedom, but the components come from adventuring, not grinding away looking for veins of ore and having some ****** steal your ore while you’re clearing the area.
    There is nothing about this crafting system based in PnP. Item's aren't deconstructed for thier components in PnP. You don't create a shard and then have the shard placed on an item in PnP. You also aren't limited to Diablo-style Prefix/Suffix items in PnP.

The review is almost entirely about crafting and the author got completely the wrong idea about how it works.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    The crafting change is spot on! From what Ive seen & read, Turbine did a bang-up job on the new system, and should satisfy almost everyone's request for an overhaul.

The new content, (in my opinion) is cool, but will be ransacked with-in 4 hours by the power gamers, and leave them screaming for more!

The FVS & Sorc PRe's are GREAT, and should make some really cool builds for both classes.

Now about the intim......

Can't wait Devs.
    You say this now, but when you find out how much of it is Bound to Character... you'll cry with the rest of us. Bound to Account I can accept, but BtC is like a kick in the jimmies.

Dogan
    If they introduce a new grind, I won't play [the grind] simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedge View Post
    Can we expect a state of the game and DDO defrag tool on April 27th as well?
    You can expect a SoG around then

The defrag tool is a different story however. I'm still getting confirmation from our tech types as to whether or not it's ready for public consumption (at last check, it was not and did naughty things).

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    +1 to TenTonHammer for the proper use of the word "ass hat."

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Ton Hammer
    ...but the components come from adventuring, not grinding away looking for veins of ore and having some ass hat steal your ore while you’re clearing the area.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Did they get a build your paying customers didn't, or are they simply going off of rumor instead of having someone on the ground actually testing this stuff before they talked about it?
    It's a little too early in the beta to have the unbound shards available to players, but the intent for later is for skilled crafters to be able to trade unbound shards with other players.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast