Founder

Default gauntlets or hellstroke axe

does anyone know what the drop rate %s are for the Abishai items vs. the hellstroke great axe?

I have 3 pieces of the set, missing the gauntlets and the boots. in the end reward, I can get the gauntlets but also have the option of the great axe. after getting burned by not taking Carnifex when I had a chance in Deleras and then finding out it drops only 1/5 to 1/10 as often as most of the other rare items, I wanted to see if the same was true here.

I could really use the axe on a new low level dwarf but not if the odds of getting another shot at the axe later are way higher than getting another shot at the gauntlets

thanks for any info anyone can provide

Founder

anyone have any information on this? I tried searching the forums and Wiki but wasn't able to find anything that might shed some light on the relative drop rate between items from Chronoscope.

many thanks if anyone can help

All the end reward items are insanely easy to get. About a 95% chance.

So yea, don't worry about it.

That said, the axe drops more often in the raid itself, so select the gauntlets if you want the rarer of the 2.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    All the end reward items are insanely easy to get. About a 95% chance.

So yea, don't worry about it.

That said, the axe drops more often in the raid itself, so select the gauntlets if you want the rarer of the 2.
    Shade - thank you for taking the time to respond. much appreciated. I just didn't want to get hit with another Delara's moment though getting into a group to run through Chronos is usually much easier and quicker than running through all parts of Delaras. so should have many more chances to get whichever I don't take this time

thanks again

I agree with Shade.

I've seen the Axe drop in Blood's and Razor's chest. I have also seen it on the end reward list. If I see any of the Abishai items on the end reward list I ususally go that route. Having all 5 on a lowbie @ 5 is pretty nice and not to shabby at epic.
    **No Politics**
    Cawol lvl 20 Dwarf Fighter - Scintillo lvl 12 Halfling Rog - Jrskug lvl 11 H-Orc Fighter - JrCaster lvl 8 WF Wiz - **Halogens** JrAxe lvl 13/1 Ranger Fighter

Your mileage may vary, but in the few runs of Chronoscope I've done (around 12) I've had the charged gauntlets as an end reward 3 times, and only seen the axe once. I'm still looking for the boots to complete my set.

On a related note, I was excited to finally get the axe, but after comparing it to my Carnifex, less so. They're both ML: 4, and Carnifex seems way better. Am I missing something?

Yeah I have several of everything else, but the boots still elude me.
    **No Politics**
    Cawol lvl 20 Dwarf Fighter - Scintillo lvl 12 Halfling Rog - Jrskug lvl 11 H-Orc Fighter - JrCaster lvl 8 WF Wiz - **Halogens** JrAxe lvl 13/1 Ranger Fighter