Default True Reincarnate =/= Veteran

Did I miss a memo somewhere and this somehow changed?

So, I've been pugging my heart out this weekend, because I'm bored, traveling for work and trapped a 6 hour flight away from my wife and kids, so I'm trying to see how many toons I can cap before I get back. There, now you have some of the lead in.

I should've seen these things coming, considering how many pugs I've been in since Friday night, but... c'est la vive.

Anyway, to clarify, I just finished a VoN3 run. The party leader had maxed out his banked XP and didn't want to lose out on what would've been 16k xp, after his banked xp capped. So, I suggested he go pop level and come right back in. The group concurs, because it's his group, and we agree to wait... And by we I mean me. And by wait, I mean the rest of the group proceeds to zerg to the final 3 champions before I get aggravated and gently nudge them to give the guy with the star time to get back in. To his credit, he was out and back in less than 5 minutes... and yet, the TR'd rogue in the group decides to start putting down rares and popping chests before everyone's back in.

We get to the Marut, and the man with the star gives pretty clear instructions: Can we please shield wall and let the casters pull aggro until the marut is below 50% hp? Sure...

Everyone listens except our TR'd rogue, whom I remind twice to stop swinging... once rather loudly... Quest wraps, we get out and the guy goes 'You know, before you start yelling, you should know you're noob' ...

Really?

Okay, so he's TR... I happen to be on a monk that I've let sit off and on again for several months at a time. I recognize that I'm not a founder, and I haven't been here since God was a baby, but I'm pretty sure that having a TR doesn't make you a vet. And even if it did, I have several.

Please, power-zerger-oober-l33t gamers who find yourselves in DDO... Losing the label noob does not come with an accomplishment. It is not something you slough off like a snake shedding its skin. In my experience a 'Noob' is some one who lacks common sense, common courtesy, and says stupid **** constantly. Running around like a crazed zerger does not earn you veteran status anywhere.

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

Better to be a noob than an a$$#ole...

I hope that guy was booted before the next run.

Proud officer of Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC

+1

have noticed that new players do give a unreasonable amount of respect to a TR, suppose it understandable as they do tend to be completely overpowered at lower lvl were new players most likely see them first.

found ddo to have on the whole polite jerks that tend to keep to themselfs in elitist small crowds, much better then the average mmo. think the lack of pvp helps here

Quote Originally Posted by KreepyKritter View Post
    And by wait, I mean the rest of the group proceeds to zerg to the final 3 champions before I get aggravated and gently nudge them to give the guy with the star time to get back in. To his credit, he was out and back in less than 5 minutes... and yet, the TR'd rogue in the group decides to start putting down rares and popping chests before everyone's back in.
    So you finished the pre-quest and most of the quest during the time it took the party leader to take a level? Nice speed.

Since you were so fast and there is little point in letting 5 people wait longer than it takes to finish the quest, the leader could have just joined a second run after you blazed through the first.

And if someone cares about trash chests, he should shove his character into the quest.

Everyone listens except our TR'd rogue, whom I remind twice to stop swinging... once rather loudly... Quest wraps, we get out and the guy goes 'You know, before you start yelling, you should know you're noob' ...
    Im kind of missing a "and then he died horribly"... Sounds like the Rogue just clobbered the thing to death without issue while the others were hiding behind your little firewall.

In my experience a 'Noob' is some one who lacks common sense, common courtesy, and says stupid **** constantly. Running around like a crazed zerger does not earn you veteran status anywhere.
    Yeah, if you are making 5 or 11 people wait for you, then hurry up and dont take as long for your preparation than it takes for the rest of your party to finish the freaking quest. And dont whine about a popped chest with trash loot.
    Thelanis: Mhagenta
    Keeper (Europe): Defy, Blhue, Spiderbot, Memek

Community Member

<----- TR Rogue in this story.

First of all this is a story seen from a point of an idiot.

Here is the true order of events:
    - We finished beholder room, leader went to lvl up.
    - party went on and cleared the room before the 3 bosses.
    - cleric and myself waited and went to do 1 optional which the group missed and couldn't ever get back to, before geyser (You're welcome)
    - I opened 1 chest. that's right: 1! Accidentally, but kill me anyway. (thread starter made his first appearance with a loud: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!")
    - leader returned and we fought the Marut. After he got to the 85% I swung 1 swing every 2 secs to simulate pocking, not like "TR'd rogue" will take aggro from a construct with 5 swings...
    - meanwhile tread starter was shouting "DONT SWING.... bla bla bla"

Now, I play this game for fun only, unlike some psychic people. Don't care about anything except yelling in my headset, cause of the obvious pain.

In my experience a 'Noob' is some one who lacks common sense, common courtesy, and says stupid **** constantly.
    Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself.

You guys be the judges.

P.S. What does TR had to do with anything? Oh i get it, maybe cause our bitter and psychic tread starter has to have something to make him SNAP