Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What is the best low level twink gear you use?

Its my first time to TR a toon. I'm just wondering, what do you consider to be your best low-level twink gear to help out your toon. It can be random or named, anything you deem to make your TR life easier in the early levels.

For me, I think the best one is the Greater Stalwart Trinket from the Crystal Cove Event. When It procs, which it does often enough, you will be un-killable at low levels. Stoneskin at level 4. Wow!

carnafix, till green steel

low low level

+1 holy falchion

+1 shock falchion of pure good

+1 holy scimitar of pg x2

+1 holy burst scimitar of righteousness x 2

thats the "low" (>10) stuff
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

Oh the list is pretty extensive really. The lvl 4 tier 3 CC event items are all definatly useful. But none of them compare with the air elemental summon gems from the event. I hope my 400+ I made last me through a few toons being capped, cus you cant and I mean cant even begin to compare any weapon or item to the might of a lvl 8 summon spell reserved for lvl 15 and above casters normally. Just call my monk the air bender baby

Oh I also own a lovely Holy staff of pure good elf RR lvl 4, I play alot of elfkin so its very handy with the festival icy burst upgrade on it.

Oh some other handy things. the totem staff from the tange root series end reward list. lvl 4 3 summon monster 3 spells a rest is a very legit way to enjoy a winter wolf companion while wandering the wilds of korthos as a young ranger.

the entire chronoscope abashi set. awesome sauce man, especially those charged guantlet procs. 50ish elec damage is pretty much instakill in the harbor. u can get ureself an ML7(or possibly 9) set from the red fens that 1st lives have to grind out, since thats BTC being a TR, and ull be able to use GS at 12, which is also sick, . if your DPS, get a set of tharnes goggles , its excellent at 13

Default Twink fun

Lvl 10= two holy burst pg rapiers with icy burst added, 2 wop rapiers with icy burst
    low low lvl 2= acid scimi with icy burst, acid wraps with icy burst
    lvl 4= TWO adamantine holy khopeshes with icy bursting goodness
    necklace of contemplation is omg nice so is korthos to hit stuff
    if ur a two hander maelstrom is epic and carnifex
    Kixie,cixie,assassyn,synfully,jacktherippa,livingd eath of sarlona

Must-haves on any of my characters:
    Necklace of Contemplation
    Entire Abishai set
    Goggles of Time Sensing and/or Trapblast Goggles
    Visor of the Flesh Render Guards

Useful items on anyone:
    Totemic Staff of Splinterskull (when solo'ing)
    Phiarlan Pendant of Time (earliest possible opportunity to get this)
    Robe of Invulnerability
    Random specialized named loot (Mace of Smiting, Muckbane/Mucks Doom) and no/low ML BTA items from chain rewards.

No Carnifex yet, Delera's has not been kind.

Community Member

The Sharn Syndicate series has some of the best low level twink end rewards, specifically Stand Your Ground and The Bookbinder Rescue. These quests give (BTA) no-minimum level equipment with effects found on level 5 random loot, including +2 stat items, +5 skill gear, Feather Falling items, Proof Against Poison, Blindness Ward. This type of gear can also be found as the Waterworks end reward (for free to players) and STK end reward...but it is *much* quicker to run the Binder rescue in 1-2 minutes if farming for these items. I'm also fond of the sneak attack Short Sword as an end reward from Come Out and Slay, as Soundburst + sneak attack is often just as quick as a party with 6 Carnifexes

Waterworks: Goggles of Grabbing, one charge of Hold Person, really handy on a melee vs Orange named low will save humanoids up to level 8 or so. Also a Web trinket that's good for using prior to opening a door with lots of enemies on the other side.

STK: Trapblast Goggles, no min level +4 Reflex save.

Deleras: The Carnifex has already been mentioned, and it is pretty sweet. The Devotion handwraps are perhaps my favourite twink weapon - no minimum level Holy handwraps.

Hiding in Plain Sight (free to play): The Bottle of Air (unbound) is a trinket that provides Underwater Action, no minimum level. It can be found (sometimes) below some spinny blade traps in an underwater part. Also sometimes an end reward from random Harbor quests.

Caverns of Korromar (free to play): Necklace of Contemplation, no min level Necklace with False Life, +1 Competence Attack bonus (same as the Korthos goggles), and +5 Concentration.

Catacombs: The Robe of Duality provides False Life, and also increases 1st level Arcane spells by 2 levels. This particularly shines on favour/loot farming toons that splash a caster level for Expeditious Retreat, but the Catacombs takes a bit of time to run. The Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds is a low UMD-requirement wand that is perfect for topping off or reviving incapacitated characters.

Tangleroot: Various +3 stat items with a minimum level of 5, as well as the Visor of the Flesh Render Guards

Random loot:

Robe of Invulnerability (min level 4), combined with a Shield spell/clickie and AC-boosting potions, can make any character sail through lower level content without taking damage up to level 8-10 or so, when enemies start using more magical weapons. Note that if you use appropriate resists, the Invulnerability item will still be useful.

Robe of Invisibility (min level 2)

Robe of Haste (min level 4)

Adamantine Full Plate...inferior, IMO, to a Robe of Invulnerability, but it often looks better

Shield clickies, Detect Secret Doors clickies, Command clickies (used vs Ogres), Ring of Rage, Feather Falling clickies, Aid clickies (so you don't have to spend 5 minutes doing the Crystal quest on Korthos on every character)

From collectibles:
    Arrows/Bolts of Goblinoid Bane, from Shamanic Totems: useful in Tear of Dhakaan (particularly the rooms with large amounts of archers), STK, Tangleroot, Irestone Inlet and the Crystal Cove
    Wands of Cure Moderate Wounds, from Wavecrasher Cargo Manifests
    Wands of +4 stats, from Research Diaries
    Deathblock robes, from turning in 50 antique bronze tokens
    Last edited by JollySwagMan; 06-01-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Default wow

Good suggestions. Not that I have plenty of those, haha. I TRed from a wiz into favored soul, got to have some of the items posted here.

Anyways, anyone knows a good low-level belt, aside from fortification belts

Quote Originally Posted by eruhuan View Post
    It's a light fort belt with a bonus, Gatewarden's Girdle. While not the best, it's still a ML:0 BTA item.

Aside from that, try to get lucky with a BTA +4 con belt from Red Fens, or maybe an Improved False Life belt from Fens or the Lordsmarch chain.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eruhuan View Post
    Good suggestions. Not that I have plenty of those, haha. I TRed from a wiz into favored soul, got to have some of the items posted here.

If you're not a Warforged, then a Proof Against Poison belt from Stand Your Ground or the Bookbinder Rescue
    If Warforged, perhaps a Mod Fort belt from the Red Fens, or a +5 Balance belt from the Sharn quests

Un-suppressed Pale Lavendar Ioun Stone. At low levels, the only thing that ever really seems to cause a death is holds. Plus it prevents damage spells too, and at 50 charges, I can't recall ever having issues with it running out mid-quest.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Community Member

Muckbane. I know there are items which duplicate the effect of not being affected by oozes....but I still love my Muckbane!

Sword of the Thirty If you are a WF fvs

The tide turns offers some nice bound to account gear that is randomly generated. +2 stats items...I even received +3 Mithril Full Plate min level 2.
    Reisz's Warez - Armor

Since holds were mentioned, yes, the Ioun Stone is best. Also coming in handy to help resist holds are Infested Armour or Phiarlan Mirror Cloak.

+2 stat no ML items as rewards from some of the chains like STK, Waterworks, Sharn Syndicate

Adamantine Fullplate (no ML) is great for lower level armor wearers.

I make sure each of my lowbies has some sort of DR.

Crystal Cove trinkets (I favor Stalwart and Bold) are also quite useful when you get them.

Weapon-wise, I'm also a fan of the Nightblade (keen falchion ML2) and Maelstrom (frost/anarchic greataxe ML 2) both from Tempest Spine.

As others have mentioned, 5th is a big breakpoint for +3 stat items and a number of key gear bits (including the Voice).

No-ML or low-ML bluff items are handy for the last bit of Delera's (BTA bluff +5 items can drop as end reward in WW)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reisz View Post
    The tide turns offers some nice bound to account gear that is randomly generated. +2 stats items...I even received +3 Mithril Full Plate min level 2.
    Sharn Syndicate also offer +5 skill item and +2 status Item with no ML.
    Namely stand ground and bookbinder rescue, I always farm these quest when I starts playing on new server.

I heard attack of stormreach end reward sometimes offers +5 status item with no ML.
    But I'm too lazy to farm these quest as it takes time.
    English is not my primary language, so please excuse my grammar and spelling

Charged Gauntlets ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Roses are red; violets are blue.
    You grinded a tome, and I bought two!

right now?

Maelstorm or carnifex+ charged gauntlets

envomend cloak

and last but not least

+ 5 mfp rr horc lol

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast