Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Reeq has been spending his time in Stormreach constructively, finding out more about where help may be rendered in the city.
    ((Bought most adventure packs. Catacombs? STK? Your pick! =D))

================================================== ==

A month. Is it a month already? How quickly time flies! It seemed like only yesterday when the Lady Vodora and I met, drawn by the Host, and joined forces to help the little island of Korthos. I wonder what happened to our mercenary friends from back then...

And then we were joined so quickly by Neeber, and Durrtiel and Samadhine. For reasons of their own no doubt. Treasure perhaps, or just another way to escape their lives. Such a contrast to the Lady and I are driven by our faith. Yet the Host has shown how short-lived such motivations are. Neeber fell away, and Samadhine has not been seen for weeks. Durrtiel yet remains, but there is strength in that one behind all that pain... I sense it.

And now, two more. Merry Alarnic. Always there with a listening ear and an encouraging song. And a greataxe! Reeq smiled to himself.

And Jetel. That elvish girl. She said she was from Valenar? Mercenary and daughter of mercenaries. And how she goes on and on about things she does not understand! Steady and skillful in battle. A joy to watch. But surely, too young to know what she thinks she does.

Ha! Wasn't it a wise man who once said, "I am not young enough to know everything..."

And yet what have I learnt? In my time in Stormreach? How have I changed for the better?
    The ghosts of the past assault me still. Will I never be free from my nightmares?
    Sometimes I think I'm too old for this...
    Last edited by Teech; 05-15-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Hey Guys!
    I'm having some computer problems so I won't be able to make Tomorrow's meeting.

Aw, I hope your computer recovers soon!

In other news, I can change to a rogue if anyone else wants to join but isn't particularly keen on playing a sneaky backstabbing toon.

Thanks Jev for the effort.

I've left a post up on the DBF thread as well about the empty spot.

Condolences to the boss. No wonder I havn't been seeing you online. I thought you just went nuts about that quest chain you came up with. Which is VERY cool I must say.

I think the rest of us can continue with tomorrow morning. I'll grab a hireling in case.

Would suggest Catacombs or STK if everyone has it. I think we have more fun running quest chains. More opportunity for the RP. Maybe we can choose which to run based on whether we have more Ghosttouched or more Adamantine weapons. heh.

Open to other suggestions as well of course =)
    Last edited by Teech; 05-16-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Adventures Completed:
    (Catacombs) The Friar's Niece - hard
    (Catacombs) Return to the Sanctuary - hard
    (Catacombs) The Old Archives - hard
    (Catacombs) The Crypt of Gerard Dryden - hard
    (Catacombs) Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral - hard
    (Catacombs) Setting the Wards: The Patriarch's Crypt - hard
    (Catacombs) Endgame: Marguerite - hard
    (Catacombs) Endgame: The Archbishop's Fate - hard
    (STK) The Sacred Helm - hard

Current Experience:

Current Level:

Points of Note:
    Our merry band of adventurers had arranged to meet this morning only to find out that Samadhine was still nowhere to be seen. Even more worrying was the absence of the Lady Vodora. Perhaps she is still feeling unwell from her recent exertions.

Nevertheless, we had heard of someone from the Church of the Silver Flame that needed our help, and while Durrtiel remained skeptical, the rest of us decided that we could not abandon a man of the cloth.

It was strange indeed, as Durrtiel later confided, that a church so dedicated to the extinction of undead should find itself so plagued by them. Or perhaps the two are related. Who can say?

It was a strange adventure. Not least because the plight of the wraith Maguerite, and indeed our decision to allow her to continue to exist, caused many of us to question if the undead were as evil and unholy as we had always been taught. Now that I think of it, our experiences in Stormreach have surely given us cause to re-examine if all that we have been brought up to believe is true. Friendly kobolds, and now wraiths that turn out to be more victim than perpetrator.

As it turns out, the true evil behind this was another undead spirit that had possessed the Archbishop Dryden, so perhaps we should not throw out the 'evil undead' theory altogether. Wisdom is needed I think, for us to decide who our friends are in this strange city.

If nothing else, I know my friends are those who fight by my side.
    Lady Vodora, may she recover sooner rather than later.
    Durrtiel the Drunk, may he never set fire to oil too soon.
    Bard Alarnic, may his fear of heights never keep him from treasure.
    And Jetel. May she get the hell out of danger when I tell her to.

That girl is stubborn.

================================================== =

((Just wanted to put it out that we're still looking for a 6th. Pls read HOBQ's first post in this thread if you're interested.))

As of: 17th May 2011
    Last edited by Teech; 05-17-2011 at 06:57 PM.

great recap!

Yes loved the recap. It is true, the bard Alarnic was so scared of falling, he would not climb a great distance to get some treasure. I was going to do it, but then that hireling dinged dead. So I used the death to help the story along. I do realize that had there been a big fight up there, I'd have drank a potion or something get up there. It was quite and interesting time.

((Lordy, I laughed my head off at that recap. Awesome =P))

The last day's adventures have left me worn out physically, mentally and emotionally. When we were first asked to inquire after Margeurite, I never thought that we would uncover such a deeply rooted mystery. More disturbing were the facts that were revealed to us and proved wrong along the way.

When Archbishop Dryden first told us about his daughter, I was stunned by his callousness towards his own flesh and blood. Even more disturbing was the apparent hatred that Margeurite had for her father. I was transported back to the recent past, when my own father had turned me away and left me alone. Did I have a right to hate him for it? I never believed so, and still do not. But the encounter with Archbishop Dryden and his daughter rocked my soul to the very core.

I believe that it was this that caused me to lose my hard-won self control and discipline, achieved with years of training. In a single moment, it went down the drain and I was, once again, fighting on pure emotions. For each swing of my blade, I remembered the emotional torment I went through as I took the boat to Stormreach, remembered my friends back in Valenar, and all I knew was that I had to resolve this problem and bring an end to the cursed evil in that place. The discovery that crushing a skelleton's bones with a blunt weapon rather than hacking at them with blades served me well - my anger and pain showed in the way I attacked my foes when they attempted to pin me down through sheer numbers, and I attacked them with irresponsible disregard for my own safety. I have my friends to thank that I am still alive, for I suffered many wounds in that acursed place. Time and again they rushed to back me up when I was outnumbered, and Sir Reeq guarded my back to ensure no one would stab me in the back. Mage Durrtiel kept the undead at bay with the fire that continually blazed from his hands, and Bard Alarnic's blade seemed to move in an almost musical fashion as he cut down our foes.

Though we were nearly overcome several times, we finally came face to face with Margeurite, who told us that her father that tricked her into gaining power for him, and that she was now condemned to be a wraith. I immediately replied that her father would be dealt with, and that her life should be spared, for she was human, and not evil. My friends questioned this, and I wondered if I would eventually come to regret my decision. Yet I saw only the pain that she felt, a pain that I shared in some small way. It was at that point that I had turned away so that my friends would not see the tears in my eyes.

We eventually found that the Archbishop had been possessed by a spirit and that had caused him to act that way he did. Furthermore, Margeurite had survived and Friar Renau informed us that she may one day be restored to human form. I cannot express the relief this brought me, for I knew we had saved her from eternal damnation. I also knew that her father was not the terrible man I believed him to be, and this gave me some small hope that I might one day manage to reunite with my family.

Bard Alarnic is a brave soul. Though he has a deeply instilled fear of heights, he overcame this many times for the sake of the party, and I respect him very, very much for that. I did all I could to encourage him, and so did the rest of the group. I hope that he will one day conquer his fears, and that he will help us face ours.

For a group is only strong when it stands together.

It has been an interesting adventure thus far with my new comrades. We have uncovered the fate of a brother, an brutal slaying that I am still not ready to forgive Kobolds for. We destroyed an infamous crime syndicate that threatened to unravel Stormreach with its wicked ways. Then a few days ago, we uncovered a plot going on inside The Catacombs of Stormreach. There was so much undead, so much treachery, that it made bile form in the bottom of my stomach. We saved a young woman, but it will be some time before she will regain her true form.

However, I am disappointed to say that my fears are getting the best of me. I know my new friends mean well, but they do not fully grasp what this fear is. They do not know the story, maybe I can find the time to explain to them one day.

I lost out on some treasure due to this. Climbing that ladder would have just been asking for death to take me. I will admit, I was tempted. But then a silent fellow acting as Cleric in the place of our leader, mysteriously wandered off. I heard the yell and then nothing. We rushed to see what may have befallen our saving grace, only to find a gravely wounded body. It would seem some great force may been responsible. We made do, and survived the remainder of the journey without incident.

There are rumors of something insidious going on in the Halls of Shan-To-Kor, we are looking to possibly survey this in the near future. I do hope our lady will be able to join us soon, her words of wisdom and leadership were missed. Though, Sir Reeq, Mage Durrtiel, the brave warrior Jetel did well in her absence..However, that Mage needs to be careful with the grease and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    Hey Guys!
    I'm having some computer problems so I won't be able to make Tomorrow's meeting.
    Ok, I brought my computer into the shop and my motherboard is fried.
    This is bad news because about 2 years ago my main computer died on me, and I've been using a spare laptop ever since. Said laptop is the one that died (I'm writing this from a dinosaur). It's going to cost about 250$ to repair the laptop, and at that price I'd rather wait and just buy a new computer when I have extra cash. The problem is I can't foresee when I will be able to comfortabley afford a new computer. So I'm probably going to be MIA for a while

I'm very disappointed/sad. I was planning on scaling back my DDO time during the summer, but I wasn't planning on stopping cold turkey like this. Last night I had a dream about DDO and in the dream I was debating the pros and cons of having Radiance guard on a DT vs a GS.

For the Immediate future it might be best to replace Vodora with a new cleric or favored soul. In the long term I will be back but I cannot say for sure when that will be. Hopefully soon, having withdrawal dreams is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    Ok, I brought my computer into the shop and my motherboard is fried.
    This is bad news because about 2 years ago my main computer died on me, and I've been using a spare laptop ever since. Said laptop is the one that died (I'm writing this from a dinosaur). It's going to cost about 250$ to repair the laptop, and at that price I'd rather wait and just buy a new computer when I have extra cash. The problem is I can't foresee when I will be able to comfortabley afford a new computer. So I'm probably going to be MIA for a while

I'm very disappointed/sad. I was planning on scaling back my DDO time during the summer, but I wasn't planning on stopping cold turkey like this. Last night I had a dream about DDO and in the dream I was debating the pros and cons of having Radiance guard on a DT vs a GS.

For the Immediate future it might be best to replace Vodora with a new cleric or favored soul. In the long term I will be back but I cannot say for sure when that will be. Hopefully soon, having withdrawal dreams is weird.

Good luck!

Community Member CrushingInklings's Avatar

I recently made a thread back on my home server that i was looking for some AM gaming partners. I recently was moved to 3rd shift at work and my play times are from 8am-1pm EST. If you are looking for a replacement player while HalfOrcBeautyQueen works on getting their computer fixed id love to fill in. Id love to play a rogue if you are still looking for one but id play just about anything you need besides an arcane.
    Compute: Dwarf 19/1 Rogue/fighter - TR1 Dwarf 9/8/3 Barb/Fighter/Rogue - TR2 Dwarf 18/2Fighter/Barb
    Stop asking for GH! [Guide]Solo farming for Planar Girds. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299817

There's a slot for either a rogue or a melee at the moment. I was actually planning to ask if the group minds me switching toons around so I can get a cleric toon to fill HOBQ's cleric slot while she's away, so we don't have any iffy 'too many members' problems once she gets back. Right now, I've got a fighter, a rogue and a cleric on Sarlona, and can fill in any of those posts. Jetel (the fighter) is the only one at the party's level now, so if you want to start a rogue, please do. That'll fill the 6th slot
    Jassial - 18 Druid/2 Monk

Also: ~Jetel ~ Jessoliel ~ Jevern ~ Jemerial ~ Jedriel ~ Jevern ~
    Proud member of Crimson Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Jevern View Post
    There's a slot for either a rogue or a melee at the moment. I was actually planning to ask if the group minds me switching toons around so I can get a cleric toon to fill HOBQ's cleric slot while she's away, so we don't have any iffy 'too many members' problems once she gets back. Right now, I've got a fighter, a rogue and a cleric on Sarlona, and can fill in any of those posts. Jetel (the fighter) is the only one at the party's level now, so if you want to start a rogue, please do. That'll fill the 6th slot
    Sounds good. Rolling one up in the planner now and ill get him around the 101,700 exp mark and park him there. Ill post his name back in this thread once its rolled up in game.
    Compute: Dwarf 19/1 Rogue/fighter - TR1 Dwarf 9/8/3 Barb/Fighter/Rogue - TR2 Dwarf 18/2Fighter/Barb
    Stop asking for GH! [Guide]Solo farming for Planar Girds. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299817

Wow! Welcome Crushing!

And thank the Host for amazing party members!
    Just don't get too schizophrenic with your multiple alts Jev!

Quote Originally Posted by Teech View Post
    Wow! Welcome Crushing!

And thank the Host for amazing party members!
    Just don't get too schizophrenic with your multiple alts Jev!

Thanks.

Rogues name is Inklings Von Schatten. If you can please mail over a guild invite so i can get access to ships and guild augment slots that would be great. I'm sitting at level 5 now. Plan on doing the rest of the exp tomorrow.

Come back soon HOBQ!

Welcome to the team, Ink!

Default Guild invite

Quote Originally Posted by CrushingInklings View Post
    Thanks.

Rogues name is Inklings Von Schatten. If you can please mail over a guild invite so i can get access to ships and guild augment slots that would be great. I'm sitting at level 5 now. Plan on doing the rest of the exp tomorrow.

Your guild invitation was sent to Inklings. Be sure to check the unconfirmed mail if you don't see it.

On another note Durrtiel will only have two hours this tuesday due to work re-scheduling, but next tuesday is free and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddrow View Post
    Your guild invitation was sent to Inklings. Be sure to check the unconfirmed mail if you don't see it.

On another note Durrtiel will only have two hours this tuesday due to work re-scheduling, but next tuesday is free and clear.
    Thank you.

I'm now tagged and caught up to the group exp wise. Sitting at 101,945(245 over). Ill c-yinz tomorrow morning! Do we know what quest/chains we will be doing?

http://my.ddo.com/character/sarlona/inklings/

There were rumblings about a possible STK run last week.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast