Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Ok thats cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Anric2k9 View Post
    Ok thats cool.
    I saw a newbie bard while I was running errands on Reeq. Not sure if it was you.
    Welcome =)

Yes that was probably me wandering around. Btw, not sure why I cannot log in via my Anric2k9 username outside of the ingame browser. So either this acccount or the other one is me.

Reeq smiled to himself as the merchant slowly counted out his reward. Odds were that the merchant, like all merchants, was hoping that the good-hearted paladin would stop him in mid-count and insist on no payment, but Reeq had no intention of letting that happen.

He had done a good job after all. That last negotiation was a difficult one. Too much at stake for all involved. Yet the Host had provided Reeq with a solution that, even if it did not make any single party filthy rich, had at least turned a profit for all involved. He had learned much from his time at the negotiation table with merchants, and earned a fairly tidy sum as well.

This last merchant had thrown in some practical items that Reeq knew his friends could put to good use. Their work with Baudry had brought them some reputation amongst the traders in Stormreach after all. Wouldn't they be surprised at the gifts Reeq would bring them when they next met again...

Default Alarnic Rayvenlee - Anric2k9/Anric

The last few days have been an eventful, if not saddening one in my young life. I was returning from a one-month tour of Stormreach with the band, when something destroyed the ship. One moment we were all sitting around having a good time, and the next, I am washing up on shore of The Grotto. The only person there I see is a small fellow by the name of Jeets. We talked a bit before he asked for my assistance in helping his small group take care of a little Sahuagan problem. Having little else to do and hoping to get my mind off the tragedy, I agreed to help them.
    I think it was touch and go there at times. I cannot say I did my fair share of the work, being inexperienced in these matters. The job was done and I was even rewarded a bit by Cellimas, their cleric. I then arrived back into Korthos to see and hear of terrible things going on. The kidnappings, the raising of the dead, traitors, and the dragon behind it all. I have been the past few days helping to fix the situation By far the worst was the ascent to Misery’s Peak and the subsequent battles I was involved in there.

I thought things were going alright, until I had to take a path upwards. I cannot stress enough how badly I did not want to go up. A friend, Tobias, suggested a little courage music might just make the journey more bearable. He was right; I completed the task with little fear of what might happen if I fell. Surely that would be the last time I would have to face such an obstacle. Needless to say, I was soon proven wrong.

It sure felt like I was in that horrible place for months, but in reality, it was only a day. While my old friends Jeets and Cellimas took care of the dragon, I was able to break some spell that was controlling it. Soon I was back in a sunny Korthos, where a new direction was put before me. I set sail back to Stormreach with the knowledge that I helped saved the village from the hands of evil.

However, Stormreach would present new problems and not all of them could be solved by just myself. Perhaps, I will meet like-minded people in my journey.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    We currently have 1 spots open and are looking for either a Barbarian or Fighter.
    I missed this somewhere but which server is this on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    I missed this somewhere but which server is this on?
    We are on Sarlona

"Jetel!"

Father's voice cut through my reverie as he strode towards me, looking pained. I heaved a sigh and turned to face him to accept the lecture and the punishment I knew I would have to face.

"Daughter. This is the third time you have disobeyed an officer's orders this month. What is the reason for this?"

I squared my shoulders, knowing that now was the time to stand up for what I believed in. "Because it was wrong, Father. To win battles and glorify our ancestors is the Valenar way. But to attack a caravan full of merchants who did not even have a guard to defend them? It is dishonourable and wrong!"

Father said nothing, but studied the ground in front of him. The tension increased as the minutes ticked past. Finally, he nodded, and turned to me with a hard, yet sad look in his eyes.

"If you truly feel that way, then Valenar is not the place for you. Go out into the world to seek your fortune, for there will be no future for you here."

I was not sure what to think of this. All my life, I had trained in the mercenary ways of the Valenar, and I knew naught of the world outside. Yet I had found the raids of my people to be far from my childhood fantasies, and many a dream had been shattered. We did things for the money and not for the good of people. This had been a hard truth to learn, and one I could not bring myself to accept. Thus, I had defied orders which were dishonourable, and had gotten into endless trouble for it. Now Father was offering me a way out, but it meant leaving the world as I knew it behind and starting anew. But I knew that this would be the right thing to do, for life in Valenar would not suit me. I turned back to Father, knowing my fate would be sealed with my next words.

"I will, Father. Thank you for allowing me to do this. I will do our family and nation proud."

Father looked at me, and there was no mistaking what was in his eyes now. It was sadness. "Jetel. If you leave, you may not take any weapons from our family's armoury with you, nor should you use our name outside of Valenar. It would only bring dishonour to our family. When you leave, you must leave your Valenar roots behind. Do you understand?"

I turned away, unable to look at Father, for I knew then what sacrifice I would have to make. To be true to myself, I would have to leave everything I knew behind, and forget it to start a new life. I would reject my nation, but in return, it would reject me. But yet... I knew what was right. And with that final thought in my head, I turned and walked away.

"Jetel." The achingly familiar voice echoed behind me, for perhaps the last time. "May we meet again someday."

I did not turn back, for I knew that my resolve might weaken if I did. "Goodbye. May we meet again."
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Stormreach was a busy place, with people always looking for a skilled hand. I had tried my hand at some of the jobs that had been offered, only to be frustrated again and again. Some were inept, rushing into battle without formulating an extra strategy, earning me many new battle scars. Some cared little for their companions, a large change from the closeness of the mercenary groups in Valenar. Still others treated the members of their groups with disdain and contempt.

All this only served to frustrate me. What consistently dampened my spirits was the thoughts of the family and friends I had left behind... That I might never see them again. That they might hate me for what I had done. I hardened my heart against the pain I felt and pressed on, determined not to let this bring me down.

One day, I met a group of adventurers who invited me to join them as an extra sword hand for the day. Having nothing else to do, I agreed. This group made me feel more welcome than other groups, and they worked well together. I began to feel some of the camaderie that I had enjoyed among the elves of Valenar. As we worked together to defeat the many threats around the harbour, I began to feel cautious happiness, a feeling that I had not felt for a long time. When they invited me to join their ranks as a regular member, I accepted, and dared to hope. Hope that I would be accepted into this new group, allow my heart to heal from the pain I had gone through, and finally find my place in Stormreach.

Adventures Completed:
    Durk's Got a Secret - hard
    Missing in Action - hard
    Sunken Sewer - elite
    The Kobold's Den: Clan Gnashtooth - normal
    The Kobold's Den: Rescuing Arlos - normal

Total Experience:

Current Level:

Current Platinum:

Special Loot:
    Vial of Pure Water x 2
    4th Backpack Slot

Points of Note:
    After finishing up some loose ends in the Harbor we ventured into the Marketplace for a taste of the Merchant life. While the Marketplace loomed large above us it ended up being the same ****, different sewer. More Kobolds and Troglodytes running around in filth, which somehow bothers the locals, although I've yet to deduce what exactly the Kobolds can be doing underground that bothers them so much.

The most interesting piece of information I acquired was that the traps which are plentiful in the sewers are not actually Kobold-made. Aurla Courson told us that the Stormreach City Guards actually placed the traps in the sewers many years ago, before the Kobold infestation occurred. I wonder what evils the traps were trying to slow down, and what this has to do with my dream of the night before...

It had been a good day. I was not prepared for two new companions to join our little group, but luckily, the merchants had given me more than enough and I hope they did not feel neglected with what little I could scrounge up.

They were interesting additions to our little band. Alarnic was handy with a greataxe and was possessed of a voice of power. Many times today it was that voice that raised our spirits as we were lost in the winding sewers, giving us the courage and strength to keep pressing on.

As for Jetel, I am embarrassed to say how often I would turn in the middle of a fight and just be mesmerised by how those hands moved. Slice, parry, cut, weave, block, thrust and on and on. Round and round those hands danced with each other in a whirling ball of steel. It has been a long time since I last saw such skill... I wonder if I would dare...

((Also, just to add that if Sam and Jet are switching characters and need help leveling back to 3 or 4, Reeq will be happy to step into some quests just as long as he can Finish Out before it ends so that he won't end up too over-leveled. I'll try to keep him at 3 at least until next week so you won't take too much of an XP hit. Wish I had another character to help out with but I'm all full up on Sarlona. =/))

((Same, I could help a little bit too.)

I had arrived in Stormreach two nights before and was ready to get some adventuring on. Being new, despite my many tours of the taverns, I thought it might be best to find an established group to adventure with. Strength in numbers I thought would be a good tactic. Especially with the memories of Korthos still fresh in my mind. I talked with a few patrons of The Leaky Dinghy and was told there was an up and coming group that maybe needing my services.

I made in inquiries and was asked to meet the following morning in the harbor. It would seem not all got the message, as it would sometime before the Wizard of the group made his grand appearance. According to my new companions, fondness of drink may have played a role in the tardiness.

All went well, as we dove into sewer after sewer. Many kobolds fell to our swift actions. There was a moment when we hit the marketplace sewers where I was surely going to meet my maker. However, Vodora was quick to snatch death by the throat and give me a second chance.

When Durrtiel, the wizard, finally made his appearance, we managed to narrowly avoid being taken to an early demise by some well placed traps. Those City Guards are going to have a talking to next chance I get. They are obviously not doing anything to keep the problems down, and make it harder for people like us to help.

Overall it was a good day of adventuring, even if I will have to spend some time getting the stink out of my gear and maybe look into upgrading my weaponry. I look forward to the next adventure, and there is some unfinished business to take care of.

Reeq smiled as he made his final few passes with the sharpening stone.
    It's a new day.
    It's a new dawn.
    It's a new life.

And I'm feeling...good.

Adventures Completed:
    Waterworks part 2 - Normal
    Kobold Assault - Normal
    Stand your Ground - Normal
    Dirty Laundry - Normal
    Stormreaver Fresco - Elite
    Bookbinder Rescue - Hard

Total Experience:

Current Level:

Current Platinum:

Special Loot:
    x

Points of Note:
    Today we put a good dent in Stormreach's Kobold Infestation, clearing out the Waterworks and defeating an unknown tribe that was planning to attack a city outpost. Then we began our journey into the heart of city, aiding the coin lord Yorrik Amantau in the Marketplace. We began putting a stop to the criminal activites of the Sharn Syndicate. While in the Bookbinder house, I was killed by a puddle of Grease. This depressed my companions but my spirit urged them to go on. After all, the body is but a shell and we never truly die - and thanks to the Host I was able to come back to life, for my mission on this plane isn't done yet.

I slammed my mug of juice down onto the table, and sighed. Why did things always have to be this difficult? I had enjoyed my time with this group of adventurers - Our worthy leader, Lady Vodora, was a sight to behold in combat and kept us healthy with her spells. Bard Alarnic never failed to toss a pun in when the time called for it, and kept the party's morale up with his compositions. Mage Durrtiel, though drunk more often than sober, had an array of useful spells. All I had to do was dodge them when they were mistakenly fired at me rather than the enermy. Samadhine made full use of her small size, catching enemies off guard while we were engaged in combat with them, and always warned us of danger ahead. Sir Reeq was a worthy comrade-in-arms, and together we had made a strong front-line team. He had been very kind to me, an elf - whom the drow normally consider as a lesser race.

I felt for him, though. In the same way that I had turned my back on my nation, he had turned his back on his gods. However, what had pained me was the smouldering anger in his eyes when he had seen the scorpions in Clan Tunnelworm's prison. When I saw the fire in his eyes, I had involuntarily stepped back to avoid that hate. I believe that hate cannot be kept in one's heart... Or it will consume one from the inside. I had raised the point to him, but he was not ready to listen. I truly hope that he will let go, for I understand how he must feel.

Other than that, I have always been trained to act logically and with good tactics. Today was the first time that my blades were guided by pure fury. When I saw Venn ar-Kerran's mutilated corpse, my mind lost all semblance of rationalisation, and I simply rushed at any kobold I found in that sewer. To take prisoners and torture them is a cowardly act. To do it to children is downright despicable. Are all kobolds like this? I have met a friendly kobold called Scrag, and I hope to goodness there are more like him. I would not like to think that all kobolds are inherently this evil, for that would be a sad day, indeed.

We must also be more careful where we venture. Lady Vodora was gravely injured today by a freak accident, and could not continue to finish the mission we had been set. The party pressed on to finish without her, but having a comrade missing creates a gap in the party, and does not feel right. She is recovering from her wounds now, and should be fully recovered the next time our group meets to adventure in Stormreach.

For now, I can only look to the sky and hope that the gods, if they exist, will read the pleas in my heart. I do not know how to face Sir Reeq after I confronted him, but I pray I will find the courage to do so, for a warrior that holds hate in his heart is not a warrior at all.

((I managed to sort work out! =D))
    Last edited by Teech; 05-10-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Adventures Completed:
    Swiped Signet - hard
    Redfang the Unruled - hard
    Repossession - hard
    Irestone Inlet - normal
    Freshen the air - normal
    Come out and slay - hard

Total Experience:

Current Level:

Current Platinum:

Special Loot:
    Random Crafting Materials (is this special?)
    Some lesser mem pots (thanks Jetel!)
    Flawed Siberys Dragonshard

Points of Note:
    I was very careless this morning, and I must remind myself that this Human body I inhabit is not my true body. My true body can never falter, never expire - but this human disguise is quite fragile and does take damage. I will be more careful from now on, the path I have chosen was to help others, through which I may help myself. If I keep being reckless with this body it may perish for good, and then I won't be able to accomplish my mission. Curiously, my companions seem to be mystified by the subject of Death, they have yet to realize their true nature. Hopefully over time I can help them reach that realization.

Smile

Great reading everyone! It's fun to see how you are progressing!

We had some tough fights as a group in our latest adventures. I must remember that I am still a young warrior, and that I have much to learn. I made several tactical errors today, and one that caused us to pay dearly, as Lady Vodora was taken down by a lightning spell that was aimed at me. A painful reminder that I must take more time to hone my skills and knowledge of those I fight against.

The foes in Stormreach have also used underhand tactics that I have not seen before - Several times during our adventures, I was hit with blindness spells that resulted in my being a hinderance rather than a help to my comrades. I must learn to guard myself better against such things.

Thumbs up Durrtiel's postcard #2

Acrid smoke and steam fills the air. The roaring crunch of gears, cranks, and springs is almost deafening. Durrtiel stands in front of a deconstruction machine in the Kundarak crafting hall. The smell of metal, wood, and cloth being fashioned sends a flood of memories: from his youth; and from his recent experiences. "Dolurhh, it's hot in here. I should have had some water to drink this morning.", he mutters mostly to himself.

{< Poppa...get up. You promised to take me to the festival today, get up. Come on get up...why won't you >}

While aboard the stormglory tempest, I have managed to broker a deal with some of the other guild members. In exchange for their unwanted materials and items, I would devote time in improving crafting experience to fashion rare weapons and armor for them. It has been only a week and I have managed to craft the weakest of items. Nothing even suitable for a Kobold's chest much less a fair exchange for what I have been given.

{< Do not dare to call me your wife Durrtiel. I married a talented young crafter with a promising future, but you >}
    {< are just a sorry sot that sits all day complaining of House Orien. You will not even play with your children. I >}
    {< I curse the day I ever met you. >}

That was years in passing. My sons fully grown doing things; as far as I know, only the gods can tell. The sting of House Orien and that scorpion of a wife is still as fresh as it ever was. I could not make that life work; how can I make this one work?

The flood of memories stop only to be replaced by a flood of guilt. Durrtiel shouts above the chatter and noise of the crafting hall, "To Dolurhh with this!....I need a drink!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast