Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default DBF Tuesday AM Static

Drawn by Fate is starting a new RP-Lite Static Group that meets on Tuesdays, from 8am to 11am EST.

We currently have 1 spot open! Looking for either a Barbarian or Rogue.

Current Roster:
    1. HalfOrcBeautyQueen - Human, Cleric
    2. Teech - Drow, Paladin
    3. Buddrow - Human, Wizard
    4. Anric2k9 - Bard, Human
    5. Jevern - Fighter, Elf

A balanced party is desired, so only one of each class.

This thread is going to be used as our team's questing journal as we progress through Stormreach.

RP-Lite: What does it mean? I think a good analogy of RP-Lite would be real-life Improv (think Saturday Night Live or Who's Line Is It Anyway). You have a character that you are playing, and you are responding to the world through the eyes of that character. It's fast, it's off the seat of your pants, it can be messy, and it's lots of fun. It's also a good way to ease into Role-playing a character if you've never Role-played before. Role-playing doesn't have to be Stuffy with lots of Rules, it can be easy and fun - as it was meant to be!

As such, you do not have to be an expert on Eberron Lore to successfully role-play in this group. Just have a basic idea of who it is you are playing and what his or her goals are in life, where he or she comes from and what he or she strives for (in Literature this is referred to as the The Brass Ring, in DDO a more appropriate term would be Your ToD Ring Set).

Since we are a Drawn by Fate Group all Guild Rules Apply.
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 05-16-2011 at 09:24 AM.

This lithe warrior holds himself with a quiet confidence, arms loosely by his side, open, yet ready. And yet his grimace hints of an uneasiness that you do not see in this warrior's pose. His quiet glance taking in much, and yet distancing himself from much more.

You barely turned your head away when you heard an angry hiss escape his lips. Turning back, you are shocked by the glare of rage and surprise that he has fixed upon his foot. Or what was under his foot. As the warrior notices the many eyes looking at him, he collects himself, regaining his quiet composure as he walks away, ignoring the questioning stares at his back.

As he vanishes into the crowd, you turn back to see a tiny baby scorpion, crushed in the sand.

"Strange", you hear someone whisper. "Don't the drow worship those things?"

Quote Originally Posted by HalfOrcBeautyQueen View Post
    2. Teech - Drow, Paladin
    Reeq the Silent is born. If I get on earlier, I may be on runthru until I see others on. =)
    Last edited by Teech; 04-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Default Durrtiel Hawklight

A talented wizard, once employed as a carpenter for warforged assembly; he is now shamed because he cannot keep his head out of a jug. He spends most of his time in taverns flirting with barmaids and seeking easy companionship. When his funds are low he can be sells his services as scribe, carpenter, or mercenary.

Careless and foolish as his lifestyle, he tends to bite off more than he can chew. He mostly carries a disarming smile except for mornings after a long binge. He secretly seeks to be noble but is disillusioned by his termination of previous employment.

Default Vodira the Inevitable

[I made a last minute switch from Bard to Cleric to ensure our group would have a Healer]

Vodora the Inevitable is a Celestial Outsider who chose to incarnate on the Material Plane of Eberron to ensure the proper enforcements of the Laws of the Universe. Similar to a Marut, but with a Soul and a Soul's consciousness. She first came to visit the realm of Eberron at the behest of Gova, who she knew in past incarnations. Her original choice of body was that of a Warforged, yet the frequency of the host body's vibrations didn't synch well with those of her mind, and the construct was destroyed. She has since incarnated in Human form, living with a host family of Divine Seekers deep in the Jungles of Xendrik. She is quite clumsy, having a difficult time adjusting to the limitations of a physical body and she frequently is suffering from colds and other ailments.
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 04-12-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Adventures Completed (All on Elite):
    Storehouse's Secret
    Stopping the Sahuagin
    Sacrifices
    Redemmption
    Necromancer's Doom
    Heyton's Rest
    Collaborator
    Cannith Crystal
    Misery's Peak
    Information is Key
    Haverdasher
    Garrison's Missing Pack
    Bringing the Light'

Total Experience:

Current Level:

Current Platinum:

Special Loot:
    Archivist's Necklace
    Archivist's Goggles
    Vial of Pure Water

Points of Note:
    Vodora & Reeq, with the aid of Hired Mercenaries were able to bring peace to Korthos Village and explored all of the Wilderness surrounding the small town. Whilst exploring a Sewer and attempting to Stop the Sahuagin fiends, Vodora almost met her end but thanks to Reeq's excellent timing she survived the assault and the pair continued.

They ventured into Misery's Peak and their adventuring was almost brought to an end. In dire straits and ambushed by Cultists the end seemed near; but Reeq's clever use of tactics ensured the party survived! Keeber, a Favored soul, arrived just in the nick of time and together they were able to crush the Quori Mindsunder and defeat the Devourer Cult for Good!

Arriving back to the Village they found Durrtriel the Wizard, who after a long bender had slept most of the morning. Together the four comrades sailed to Stormreach.

While aiding Haverdasher, a warder of House Kundarak, they almost met their end extinguishing a nest of unwanted Scorpions. Vodora and Keeber's healing skills proved most useful and the scorpions perished. Curiously, Reeq had no problems defeating the Scorpions, an animal dear to the Drow...
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 04-12-2011 at 12:32 PM.

"Damn those scorpions!" Reeq muttered to himself as he lay in his room, reflecting on his recent adventures and the trouble he had got himself into once again.

It was a simple quest, and if not for his reckless charging into the fray, his friends would surely have made short work of it. Instead, they were forced to fight for every inch of scorpion blood, bringing them close to the brink of death.

"Vulkoor take them for all I care! Just keep them away from me!"

As he slipped into his rest, Reeq reflected that it wasn't the first time his reaction to these monsters had almost cost his friends dearly...

=========================
    "Reeq! Reeq! Snap out of it boy!" Reeq came to, like one just out of the clutches of sleep, his face still stinging from the slap of a heavy gauntlet.

"You had your orders Reeq. You had your target! How the Host can we count on you if you're going to just daze off into your personal daydreams in the middle of battle?!" The captain sighed.

"Look Reeq. We know how good you are. Its clear that the Host favors you. You could have been stronger if your people actually trained you with proper weapons instead of those poking sticks you had with you at first, but your arms move fast enough and we've trained you well enough to wield a real weapon for now. But the one thing that makes you a warrior Reeq, is your mind. You've got a fine mind son. Everyone looks to you for tactical maneuvers when we're staring into the depths of Dolurrh, but you can't bloody well plan when you're off chasing scorpions! They're scorpions boy! They won't bother you if you leave 'em alone! And don't you drow worship them anyway?! Get a grip boy! You're no good to us if you keep this way!"

Reeq stared at the captain unblinkingly, conscious of the irony in being called a 'boy' by one many decades younger than himself. He knew the captain was right though. He had no defense to that accusation. It was something he'd have to sort out for himself. Reeq lowered his head, turned, and walked away...

Looks like you all are off to a great start!

Nice job everyone! Great character write ups and great review of events!

Can't wait to see how things develop!

transfered from other thread:

Sitting in the back corner of the Linky Dinghy, Neeber slowly fingered the slender coins in his wallet.
    Dishes clanked in the nearby kitchen, dust swirled near the doorway as a maid vainly tried to keep the
    entrance free of muddy boot tracks.

Thankfully, Neeber pulled out a few coins and ordered some beef stew.
    Keeping in the corner shadows, he ate it slowly, thinking...

Farlene of the House, will never find me here in this crazy jungle wilderness.
    Maybe, just maybe nobody here knows what burden a dragonmark can be.
    I can make some more coins from thrashing those reptilians in the underground sewers,
    but I need to leave the harbor and move deeper away from any possiblity of House spies.

I have heard tales of groups of adventurers, perhaps I can join up with others searching for loot and power
    as this might would disguise my true intents.

Glancing around the room and seeing no one watching, Neeber slowly practiced casting an arcane spell
    to clean up the table. Concentrating fiercely, he smiled as a few twinkles cleaned up his dishes.
    Only a cantrip, but the promise of more...

Getting up, Neeber carefully pulled his cloak to cover the right side of his face as he strode out the door.
    Perhaps, he should visit Korthos island for a bit, the rumors of snow on a jungle island intrigues...

69 k xp (veteran build) lvl 4

254 plat

Gloves of detect secret doors -> big pull
    feather cloak, anger's set, archvist set, +1 flaming longsword -> typical korthos/vet rewards

OCC

Just had a request to start a pen and paper play by post thread, so hopefully I can keep going here, time will tell.
    That and keeping on with my main and this toon will be most of my gaming.
    Would write more tonight, but its a big week in the real world.

Anyway, enjoying it!

Default Day 2

Adventures Completed:
    Where There's Smoke (Normal)
    The Captives (Normal)
    Walk the Butcher's Path (Hard)
    Kobold's New Ringleader (Hard)

Total Experience:

Current Level:

Current Platinum:

Special Loot:
    Crude Bauble (Where there's smoke..)
    Vial of Pure Water

Points of Note:
    Today, Vodora woke up to two naked adventurers: Durrtiel, who slept outside and found himself undressed in the morning & Samadhine who mysteriously was in rags and without any weapon to defend herself with. Samadhine wasn't very forthcoming as to her disheveled appearance and I didn't want to push her to share something she may not be ready to or perhaps I didn't have the right to know. Durrtiel, on the other hand, was quite honest about his antics the previous night and his subsequent amnesia, which while inconvenient did not have a mysterious source at all. Luckily he had the foresight to put his clothes and weapons in the Bank before passing out, and I had an extra set of Padded Armor I didn't need that I gave to Samadhine.

Once everyone was dressed Neeber arrived. He was in need of some fresh Bull Dung for a spell, so we decided to venture into the Cerulean Hills, which we knew was home to some Farmers. Assuming Farmers would have Cows, we thought it would be an easy little trip to the country side and the fresh air would do us some good. Upon arriving we found a distressed woman named Pearl who told us the noble Lady Adzel was kidnapped by Orcs. We decided to help her and ventured into the Cerulean Hills only to find Orcs pillaging the farms and no cows in sight. Since we needed Bull Dung, and I hate to see injustice, we decided to help the Farmers in driving away the Orcs AND rescue Lady Adzel.

After we found Lady Adzel's caravan and secured her safety, Reeq arrived. As we were exploring the Hills, searching for Cows, we would be attacked my Lions and Wolves. Curiously, Samadhine felt it was wrong to attack the animals and that the territory was rightfully their's. I think she might be a Vegetarian. Also, Neeber seemed to be more relaxed and calm the further we got from the Harbor. He seems to be awfully nervous about the coming and going of ships, and I also noticed he has a fear of drowning...

Together the five of us set out to help the Farmer Nash and rescue his precious dogs. It was on Farmer Nash's farm that I found a mysterious Crude Bauble; something that must have been quite useful the Orcs and will serve me well too.

Exhausted from never finding Cows, but luckily finding plenty of Dung, we set back to the Harbor. There we helped Guard Jung find his missing Badge, and putting a dent in the nefarious activities of the Kobold Gangs. We then went to walk the Butcher's Path, which someone had dared Durrtiel to do the night before. Never backing down from a dare we bravely ventured into the Path, and while it was treacherous, it was no match for our might.

Until next time, adventurers!

I woke up late this morning, troubled by my nightmares from last night. It was not something I wanted discussed however, so I simply rushed to meet my friends that we might do more good in Stormreach.

And what good it was! Our first task was to rescue a farmer's farm from orcs! Yes! To help the helpless! That is our destiny! And the Host affirmed it too! As we cut down the horde of orcs, I found a mighty falchion in their treasure chest, gleaming in the morning light, its curves calling to me. It was light and well balanced. Lighter than the greataxe I held, but surely just that slight bit swifter and sharper. It reminded me of days past when swiftness and sureness of blows were the warrior's mantra, over the strength and power that I had recently been trained in.

No doubt the falchion would not hit as hard, but a soft strike in the right place can sometimes be far more devastating than a hard one clumsily done. Tactics over brute force! It suited me well. I switched my axe for the falchion, and saw it at work almost immediately! As we searched for Guard Jung's badge, the ogre we met fell quickly to my new blade. The whole team was surprised, as was I. We shall see how it continues to fare...

This new sword is a reminder that even as strength has its place in battle, I should not neglect the training of my youth, of my people. Perhaps I can find some time away from my adventures when I might indulge myself in those dexterous exercises once again...

As the merchant counted out the copper pieces “Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen…”, Neeber felt extremely generous and offered the merchant the backpack as well.

*After all, it had been torn by a fierce blow during the rescue mission of noble Lady Adzel.

Not to forget the fact that sooner or later one of my friends might stand downwind of me…*

OCC

Real life becomes increasing busy in a good way.

Also friends and family want me to run a pen and paper 4E campaign.

Sooooo, something has to give and its gonna be this character.

Thanks all, I enjoyed this and learned a lot, keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Default A postcard of Durrtiel

Light breaks through the tiny window of the meager inn loft. Durrtiel stirs and lifts his head out of a stale pool of slobber and bile. He chokes a breath and recalls the revelry of the night before. Heh, it was more like one of those dreams where you wish to force your will; but the sub-conscious is in control..........and too strong.

His mind swims with shame and humiliating antics of days gone by. His reputation in the taverns is growing too large. The barkeeps all frown at him, and the ladies all turn their heads. "It has not always been like this.", he says a loud and to no one. "I was once a successful and skilled craftsman."

....Silence is the only thing to respond to his musing.

His pounding head and aching stomach command him downstairs to a breakfast of mead and porridge. The tavern is empty and quiet. Stares follow Durrtiel as he chooses a table. A slender and pleasant looking barmaid brings him his meal then kindly speaks, "Your going to be banished, probably to Shavarath or Xoriat, it you continue on like this."
    Durrtiel looks warmly at her, "I will remember your warning." As he begins to eat, turmoil bubbles in his thoughts.

{She is absolutely right you know. Spell casting in public is frowned upon and you can't control your spirits!}

[But I am a caster, and spirits are one of the major tools of my trade! I know I lose control, but to stop altogether cannot be.]

{And what purpose are your spells Durrtiel, to turn you into Durrtiel Dirtbag? YOU lost your job, YOU shamed a family that loved you. YOU did all this.}

[Perhaps it is time I had a purpose again. Perhaps I will decide to shoulder with the cleric and paladin. They have offered their friendship, and that has been very rare in recent days.]

The thought of delving into deeps unknown amuses the wizard for a moment, but then fear and a sobering thought:

The battle for sanity.

Adventures Completed:
    Recovering the Lost Tome (normal)
    Protect Baudry's Interests
    Stop Hazadil's Shipment
    Retrieve the Stolen Goods (all elite)
    The Smuggler's Warehouse (hard)

Total Experience:

Current Level:

Current Platinum:

Special Loot:
    Ring of Rage
    Calamity's Carapace
    Deadly Feverblanch

Points of Note:
    Vodora and her companions ventured deeper, deeper into the Dungeon. Explosions shook the walls and rocked their balance, shrieks and yells coming from all directions. Vodora followed the two warriors in front of her, more courageous than she, as they descended into the Master's Lair. A great grey Devil ambushed the warriors from the darkness, they raised their swords and attacked. Vodora retreated a few steps, outstretched her arm and a beam of light rushed from her fingertips. "No Vodora!," Her companions shouted..."Vodora! Vodora!"

"Vodora!" the maid shook her shoulders, "You've overslept!"

Vodora jumped out of bed and looked out the window, the sun was high in the sky. She rushed out of the Tavern and met up with her companions in the Harbor.

"What a strange dream..." she thought, "What does it mean?"

Together the troupe ran favors for Baudry Cartamon, a pudgy old man who wouldn't be so pudgy if he did his own tasks. Hopefully that will raise their clout in Stormreach. But Vodora couldn't shake off her strange dream..
    Last edited by HalfOrcBeautyQueen; 04-19-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    OCC

Also friends and family want me to run a pen and paper 4E campaign.

Sooooo, something has to give and its gonna be this character.

Thanks all, I enjoyed this and learned a lot, keep up the good work!

Cheers!
    Sorry to see you go, Silverleaf but real-life always comes first. Good luck and don't over-extend yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Congrats! For...whatever! =p It was good having you by our side while it lasted. May the Host protect you in all you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddrow View Post
    [Perhaps it is time I had a purpose again. Perhaps I will decide to shoulder with the cleric and paladin. They have offered their friendship, and that has been very rare in recent days.]
    Surely the Host has brought you to us that you might turn from your past (and your drink) and embrace your destiny!

Community Member

Hi, I posted my interest in joining one of DOFs group in the main thread. Having been pointed to the individual ones, I got a better idea on what it is need. I think this Tuesday group would allow me to get my feet wet. Plus, looking at your needs, playing a bard ( a class I have yet to try out) peeks my interest.

So if you would like to have me, I am game to roll that one up. I already have an idea of a trait for this character. A fear of heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Anric2k9 View Post
    Hi, I posted my interest in joining one of DOFs group in the main thread. Having been pointed to the individual ones, I got a better idea on what it is need. I think this Tuesday group would allow me to get my feet wet. Plus, looking at your needs, playing a bard ( a class I have yet to try out) peeks my interest.

So if you would like to have me, I am game to roll that one up. I already have an idea of a trait for this character. A fear of heights.
    A Bard would be perfect, and we'd love to have you! Right now we're at level 3 if you'd like to catch up. You can either post your character's name in this thread or send me a PM. Welcome aboard!

Community Member

Quick question, are the meetings both Tuesday and Thursdays, or just Tuesdays atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Anric2k9 View Post
    Quick question, are the meetings both Tuesday and Thursdays, or just Tuesdays atm?
    We're at Tuesday atm. We'll probably chk again next Tuesday for member availability if we wanna include Thursdays again.

In short, not meeting tmr morning and you have time to get to 3. =)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast