Thread: Theme Guilds

Default Theme Guilds

Theme Guilds are guilds that are more than just a tag-name and a level number under your character name.

A Theme guild is more than just successful raid runs.

A Theme Guild satisfies certain aspects of role-playing that are not always played-out in an MMORPG.

I am the leader of two theme guilds that are currently in a recruitment phase.

The foremost is Darkside of Argonessen.

Darkside a level 37 guild has a theme for those players who prefer the darker side of role-playing. The theme of the guild is that of a super-villain organization in the vein of SPECTRE or COBRA.

The guild's official color is purple. Before the ships came out Darkside utilized House Deneith has their headquarters (remember when you could go in the building). Since the release of the ships the guild was able to display its colors in the form of purple energy bands and sails.

The guild also uses Chaos & Anarchic weapons as their official weapons.

Darkside encourages members to write in their characters biographies as well.

Use of emotes like /salute help add to the flavor of the guild.
    Use of Tolkein's Black Speech and our motto Kulizgu Burzhai~Kulizgu Ash!/We are Darkside~We are One! also adds to the flavor.

Darkside has a multi-tiered ranking system of Guard (member) Officer, Lord/Lady of the Council (senior Officer).

The Emperor (leader) also has his second-in-command Proconsul (successor).
    Two new ranks were also created for the Emperor's third and fourth men. The Triumvirate and the Praetorian.

If you are a dark-themed character this may be the guild for you. Even if you don't have a dark themed character, maybe you would like to "infiltrate" our guild with your paladin.

The other guild is level 25 ORC of Argonessen .

ORC is a single-species guild of alll Half-Orc characters. Like thier sister guild Darkside they have an official guild color green and official weapons of acid.

ORC also uses Tolkein's Black Speech of the orcs to add to its theme.

Both guilds are linked with a dozen other goods via the Alliance of Guilds Chat Channel.

Both guilds are recruiting proactive players who want to feel like a part of a team and who would like to add to the already rich themes that these two guilds possess.

If interested PM here or write me in-game to either SICARII of DARKSIDE of ARGONESSEN or ORCNEAS of ORC of ARGONESSEN.
    Last edited by Mr_Ed7; 04-07-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Default Fluff & Flavor

What this game needs is more FLUFF & FLAVOR.

If you ever based a character on a creative impulse rather than just stacking a series or +1's...you like FLUFF & FLAVOR.

If you were disappointed that TURBINE did not release the multi-tired guild member RANKINGS...you like FLUFF & FLAVOR.

If you were pleased that we could choose the color of our guild-ships...you like FLUFF & FLAVOR.

The list could go on ...or should go on.

We need more choices in the game for adding flavor to our guilds and characters.

I wish I was on Argo !!!
    This is exactly the kind of guild that would make this game more attractive !
    Theme guilds are awesome, but they are non existant on khyber :S

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Default Well ....

You could always roll up a toon on Argo

Theme guilds?

Are there others?

There have been several race-specific guilds in the past.

There are guilds devoted to playstyle.

Me personally I like guilds with cool, and dark names.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    You could always roll up a toon on Argo

Theme guilds?

Are there others?

There have been several race-specific guilds in the past.

There are guilds devoted to playstyle.

Me personally I like guilds with cool, and dark names.

Your thoughts?
    i run House Hylune on Ghally, which is based on my Drow Villians from my PnP D&D campiagn. Of course i'm the only one in it. lol

Was just casually cruising past your thread and remembered a guild I saw back at the onset of F2P that got my grudging kudos when I asked the guy about it....or maybe I just saw him explaining it as he recruited.

First a little pre-history as to why my kudos is grudging. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to certain things. Keeping campaigns within their settings is one of them. Without provisions for spanning multiple settings, I don't like seeing it.

Example: Drizz't clones make me want to retch. Especially when it's Drizzzz't or Drisss't or any number of mispellings thereof. Do what you like. But seeing it makes my skin crawl. This is Eberron, not the Forgotten Realms. Get over it, get into it.

Now my kudos. This guy's theme guild was predicated on the fact that a rip in the fabric of the universe had deposited a large number of Forgotten Realms Heroes into Eberron with no way home. And they were confused and dealing with matters as they could. The idea stemmed mostly from his lack of knowledge about Eberron as a setting and flowed from there. But I had to give him kudos for bringing FR into Eberron in a way in which I approved. His guild/campaign had an inherent provision allowing a cross setting (one-way, admittedly) span.

Drizz't clones still make me cringe.