Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,567

    Default Bonnes nouvelles, tout le monde!

    Bon après-midi! Vous remarquerez peut-être que je vais maintenant faire plus de changements et de mises * jour dans les forums ... plus d'annonces en français (traduites); plus de fils de discussion, plus de sous-forums en français.

    et même de nouveaux employés dans l'équipe du forum! (Ils parlent le français mieux que moi, mais je vais vous les présenter plus tard.)

    Merci pour votre patience!

    Bonnes nouvelles tout le monde!

    Good afternoon! You may notice today that I'm making more changes and updates around the forums... more announcements in french (i.e. translated); more thread stickies; more french subforums...

    and even some new forum staff! (they speak better French than me, but I'll introduce them later).

    Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Last edited by Tolero; 04-07-2011 at 11:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Member ghortagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Bon après-midi! Vous remarquerez peut-être que je vais maintenant faire plus de changements et de mises * jour dans les forums ... plus d'annonces en français (traduites); plus de fils de discussion, plus de sous-forums en français.

    et même de nouveaux employés dans l'équipe du forum! (Ils parlent français mieux que moi, mais je vous les présenterai plus tard.)

    Merci pour votre patience!

    Bonnes nouvelles tout le monde!

    Good afternoon! You may notice today that I'm making more changes and updates around the forums... more announcements in french (i.e. translated); more thread stickies; more french subforums...

    and even some new forum staff! (they speak better French than me, but I'll introduce them later).

    Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Much Better now
    Last edited by ghortagg; 04-07-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Be Gimp Be Proud
    underpowered, understuffed, unoptimized, but still doing the job !

  3. #3
    Community Member Kralael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175

    Default

    As for me, I find it nice that you're really trying. Keep up the good work
    Kralael /// Kralwar /// Kralzu /// Kralheals /// Proud 'tard of Imperial Assassins

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralael View Post
    As for me, I find it nice that you're really trying. Keep up the good work
    ^ This

  5. #5
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghortagg View Post
    Much Better now
    Merci!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralael View Post
    As for me, I find it nice that you're really trying. Keep up the good work
    Je ne cesserai jamais d’essayer … je suis une « geek » des langues ^^ depuis des années, les langues sont belles et fascinantes ! Mon objectif est d’en apprendre autant que possible (français, allemand, italien, espagnol, portugais … et si je me sens courageuse, peut-être aussi du russe, du chinois, et du japonais aussi ! Tout ce que mon cerveau peut absorber )

    (I'll never stop trying... I've been a language geek for years ^^ languages are beautiful and fascinating! My lifetime goal is to learn as many as possible (french, german, italian, spanish, portugaise... and if I'm feeling brave maybe some russian, chinese and japanese too! As much as my brain can learn )
    Last edited by Tolero; 04-25-2011 at 09:03 AM.

  6. #6
    Community Member Kralael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Just to help you out, here's some ''officials'' sites that can help you out to learn french :

    http://www.ortholud.com/index.html
    http://www.ccdmd.qc.ca/fr/jeux_pedagogiques/?id=98

    Also, I'd just like to point out that, since you're a woman, in french, when you refer to yourself, you'd rather like to say ''j'ai été une''. Just like in english the ''a'' in ''a language geek'' refers to you, the ''une'' in ''j'ai été une'' refers to you. Since, in french, there's quite a difference between the genders : ''masculin'' and ''féminin'' respectivly, you'd rather not call yourself a man ^^

    Aside from some typos, I can understand you fine, just as you can understand me I guess. As long as the information gets through, that you're trying and putting efforts into it and that we do see a progress, I'm fine with :

    - Typos.
    - Seeing the post in french and in english.
    - Taking more time to makes things more clear.
    - Little delays in translation from English-to-french news.

    As I said, thanks again and keep up the good work Tolero
    Kralael /// Kralwar /// Kralzu /// Kralheals /// Proud 'tard of Imperial Assassins

  7. #7
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralael View Post
    Just to help you out, here's some ''officials'' sites that can help you out to learn french :

    http://www.ortholud.com/index.html
    http://www.ccdmd.qc.ca/fr/jeux_pedagogiques/?id=98

    Also, I'd just like to point out that, since you're a woman, in french, when you refer to yourself, you'd rather like to say ''j'ai été une''. Just like in english the ''a'' in ''a language geek'' refers to you, the ''une'' in ''j'ai été une'' refers to you. Since, in french, there's quite a difference between the genders : ''masculin'' and ''féminin'' respectivly, you'd rather not call yourself a man ^^

    Aside from some typos, I can understand you fine, just as you can understand me I guess. As long as the information gets through, that you're trying and putting efforts into it and that we do see a progress, I'm fine with :

    - Typos.
    - Seeing the post in french and in english.
    - Taking more time to makes things more clear.
    - Little delays in translation from English-to-french news.

    As I said, thanks again and keep up the good work Tolero
    (yes unfortunately my translators are poor with gender endings since english doesn't have an obvious way to say "me (f.)" vs "me (m.)" and I am still learning those endings/differences. It is a sure recipe for gender confusion for now heh. Motivation for me to learn faster :P oh and very helpful links, thank you!)

  8. #8
    Pirate Cursed cedad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Don't worry with gender confusion I, myself, am very confused since I discovered with the new french interface that Malicia is indeed a He since he is "LE succube". He really got me on that one. Now I have to suspect Katty Perry too

    Anyway everybody knows that on the internet the males are real males, the females are male and the 13 year old girls are FBI agents

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Bon après-midi! Vous remarquerez peut-être que je vais maintenant faire plus de changements et de mises * jour dans les forums ... plus d'annonces en français (traduites); plus de fils de discussion, plus de sous-forums en français.

    et même de nouveaux employés dans l'équipe du forum! (Ils parlent le français mieux que moi, mais je vais vous les présenter plus tard.)

    Merci pour votre patience!

    Bonnes nouvelles tout le monde!

    Good afternoon! You may notice today that I'm making more changes and updates around the forums... more announcements in french (i.e. translated); more thread stickies; more french subforums...

    and even some new forum staff! (they speak better French than me, but I'll introduce them later).

    Thanks for your patience everyone!
    merci pour la nouvelle et pour les efforts effectués jusqu'a présent bonne continuation

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cedad View Post
    Don't worry with gender confusion I, myself, am very confused since I discovered with the new french interface that Malicia is indeed a He since he is "LE succube". He really got me on that one. Now I have to suspect Katty Perry too

    Anyway everybody knows that on the internet the males are real males, the females are male and the 13 year old girls are FBI agents
    yeah i like this one^^

    well the french translation is still having a few mistakes an lacking, but anyway - i'm not perfect in english even if i wish i was, so english speaking people aren't obliged to be perfect in french^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload