Community Member

Default Metamagics, Extra Action Boosts, and Hero's Companion

Working on an update to the HHHH build and was wondering two things on Hero's Companion.

1) Does Fighter Extra Action Boost bump up the uses of this skill the same as it does other non-fighter action boosts such as Human Versatility?
    2) Does Extend double the duration on Hero's Companion?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

AFAIK the answer is "no" to both, but I've never actually seen it proven either way. Would like to know for sure as well!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    AFAIK the answer is "no" to both, but I've never actually seen it proven either way. Would like to know for sure as well!
    #1 I can't really prove one way or the other quickly. Just don't have a toon that can do this.

#2 would only require extend and hero's companion 1. Given the fact that this hasn't been tried (or at least not by anyone that's read this in the last few days) I'll roll up a toon rq and check the buff on my 2nd computer.

As for the build, looking to go with a slightly less defensive focused version of HHHH on a 36-point build. I'm level 13 right now on my first life - a human 12 fighter/8 monk end target - and this build would get me some of the functionality I get from the human dragonmarks (expeditious retreat though on a 1 minute recast), shield, with the echoes of power coming in U9 the ability to recast those indefinitely (something that really clinches this build for me tbh), a TON of healing power, and plenty of AP's left over from HHHH given my partial dumping of AC (no need to bump up the wisdom or dex with AP's) to either bump up sneak damage or if the hero's companion is modified by one or more of those things possibly spend a lot of AP's there. Five 1 minute hero's companions are dubious in value. Eight 2 minute ones would be another story.

My bard has extend and used to have heros companion while leveling up. To the best of my recollection it did not extend the duration.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    My bard has extend and used to have heros companion while leveling up. To the best of my recollection it did not extend the duration.
    I tested this part at lunch. I can confirm that Extend does NOT work with Hero's Companion.

Would still love to hear from a level 6+ Halfling Kensei to find out if the extra action boosts from Kensei apply. Would also love to hear from an 11+ Rogue or Fighter about whether their Extra Action Boost AP applies.

Community Member

Hopefully have an answer to this soon. Rolled up a test toon on my kids' account to test things out for my TR and I've got him to level 5 now. I've got a shadowcrypt runner on another account too so that should make things pretty easy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Would still love to hear from a level 6+ Halfling Kensei to find out if the extra action boosts from Kensei apply. Would also love to hear from an 11+ Rogue or Fighter about whether their Extra Action Boost AP applies.
    I can confirm that kensai 1 don't, and that rogue extra actions 1 don't either

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ciopo View Post
    I can confirm that kensai 1 don't, and that rogue extra actions 1 don't either
    Yep, I just hit 10 on that build and the halfling dragonmarks do not get extra boosts. Interesting that the rogue ones don't either when the human versatility ones do.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Presumably Hero's Companion doesn't count as an action boost: HC lasts 60 secs; all action boosts last only 20 secs AFAIK. But if Extend doesn't affect it either, then I guess that means it's not a SLA either, though the upside to that means it can't be dispelled.