Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Socky, I was going to contact you in-game. How has U14 treated the little blue ball of death? Any proposed changes?
    Love the build. Keep the thread posted please, and thanks bro.
    With the new epic feats, there is an advantage to having a final real dex of 21 (starting stats; tomes; level-ups). I TR'd once to give me the stat points to hit this. I started at 18 dex and dropped starting STR to 15. That put me at 21 dex with +3 tome. All level-ups went into STR. With the extra stat point at lvl 24, it ends up at the same STR as the original build.

Sockpuppet is super effective in U14. I maxed Shadowdancer 1st and enjoy much of the stuff in that line. With the new feats and EDs, sneak attacks routinely hit for 120+. That boosts average damage per hit in the 250 range. Currently on the fighter ED.

I'm still experimenting. I will post the final build details when I've got them figured out (what to twist, etc.). If we see DEX-based damage, I will definitely swap to DEX-based. On a halfling, I'll be able to get DEX crazy-high. I'm going to wait to see if and how that is implemented before taking the plunge though.

Edit - one other note. The DOT effects cast by the enemies in the new content make scroll healing a little more tricky. I've been finding myself using silver flame pots a lot more because of this. So silver flame favor is all the more important.
    Last edited by KingOfCheese; 08-08-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Default Best gaurd for rogue

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
    Hello, my name is Sockpuppet.

I've nearly completed my training in Stormreach and have received quite a few queries about the things I've learned along the way and the various items that I am using. I've come here to share what I've learned for those that might be interested in following a similar path.

I've also come here to dispel some disturbing rumors I've been hearing about the rogues of Stormreach.

Let's start with those nasty rumors.

Some believe that rogues are not a dps class. As you'll see below, my training allows me to out-dps all of those barbarians and kensai fighters.

"Ah," some will say, "that may be true, but you will get the attention of the enemies and you will be a glass cannon and will die very quickly."

Again not true. I've learned to deliver massive damage to our enemies while not attracting their attention. However, even if they do direct their animosity my way, I'm more than happy to take them on and am anything but a glass cannon.

Some will say, "but surely you've sacrificed the ability to do the rogue-like things we all love--you can't stealth, you can't handle traps or open locked doors."

Yet again not true. I am nearly as stealthy as they come and can handle any trap or lock in the game. I've also mastered the language of arcane and healing magic and freely use scrolls.

"Bah!" you say, "this cannot be true."

It is true. I've enjoyed my training immensely and encourage others to follow my path.

Before I tell my story, I would like to thank my guildmates in Inferus Sus and many other heroes of Stormreach who have been so very charitable with their time, knowledge, and gear.

In choosing my career path, I decided to be a pure level 20 rogue, with full training in the assassin arts. I really wanted to pack a hard punch and felt that this would be a great way to do so. While my historic philosophical tendencies have a hint of chaos and goodness to them, I've become a proponent of true balance and am true neutral in alignment.

While many of my halfling brethren spent their early years focusing on their agility and intelligence, I opted to focus mostly on my strength and durability. I anticipated that, through magic, I would gain more than sufficient abilities in the ways of the agile and brainy--a belief that has proven true.

Before I began my training, I started with:

STR 16
    DEX 15
    CON 16
    INT 9
    WIS 8
    CHA 8

At each stage of my training, I maximized my strength.

Today, through training and magic, my self-buffed, sustainable combat stats are as follows:

STR 46 (I've beaten many a half-orc fighter in arm-wrestling even though 1/4 their size)
    DEX 25
    CON 43
    INT 15 (through exchange of magic items I can improve this to 26 when needed)
    WIS 19
    CHA 19

The strength comes from my initial 16 +5 from training (21) +3 from a magic tome (24) +9 from a magic ring (33) +3 from special epic gear (36) +2 from my guild ship trainer (38) +2 from rage magic (40) +4 from long lasting magical potions (44) +2-4 from magic boots (46/48).

My constitution allows me to be over 600 hps during heavy combat (667 when I am very angry). You won't ever see me below 500. With my improved evasion skills, this makes me very difficult to kill.

The gear I have acquired provides me with a lot of survivability and melee capability.

In sum, without gear exchanges, it provides:

+12 STR
    +13 CON
    +7 CHA
    +6 DEX
    +6 WIS

30 point perma resists in fire, cold, acid, and electricity

disintegration guard
    corrosive salt guard
    poison guard
    earthgrab guard

+6 seeker
    +5 resists
    greater false life
    extra damage over time
    +5 sneak attack damage
    -20% hate
    true seeing
    ghost touch

poison immunity
    heavy fortification
    disease immunity
    +2 luck
    toughness

The specific items are:

head: epic Helm of Frost with poison immunity
    neck: triple earth shroud crafted necklace with +45 hps
    trinket: bloodstone
    cloak: epic Envenomed Cloak with heavy fort
    belt: Colethenis's belt (ravager set)
    ring 1: Ravager ring with +2 exceptional STR
    ring 2: Oremi ring with +2 exceptional CON
    gloves: epic Charged Gauntles with disease immunity
    boots: epic Boots of Corrosion with +6 dex and luck (with swap to Madstone boots for clicky and procs)
    bracers: epic Scorched Bracers with toughness
    goggles: tharnes googles
    armor: DT armor with GFL, corrosive salt guard, and Tharnes

I use a range of swap out items to enhance my skills in various areas where needed (titan gloves and +6 shroud crafted cha-skill triple air necklace for UMD; epic CC trinket for +20 search and spot; +15 disable gloves; smoke cloak for +6 dex skills and displacement clicky).

My primary weapons are LitII kopeshes. With these I do massive damage (factoring in base damage, average of about 90 sneak attack per hit, power attack, crits, ravager set damage, 600+ damage lighting procs, 100 damage charged gauntlets on 20s, bard songs) and I swing very fast.

I have minII and radiance weapons when needed and a variety of specialty weapons for special occasions (epic CC weapons for +15 sneak/hide and +15 intim, epic timeblade for feather fall, freedom of movement, and greater paralysis).

Rogue skills (self-buffed with gear swaps as needed):

UMD: 46
    Search: 60 (66 with an int-skill item)
    Hide: 73
    Move Silently: 71
    Open Lock: 57
    Jump: 62
    Balance: 51
    Disable device: 55 (61 with an int-skill item)

Feats: toughness, two weapon-fighting, improved two-weapon fighting, greater two-weapon fighting, power attack, kopesh, improved crit slash (plus rogue feats: improved evasion, crippling strike, opportunist, slippery mind)

Enhancements: full halfling cunning and guile; full sneak attack damage boosts; assassin III and prereqs; full toughness; full haste boost; three tiers of hate reduction; one tier of skill boost; extra skill clicky.

Many of the enemies of Stormreach have learned to fear the little blue ball of death. I hope to see you out there in the battle zone. Right now I'm deciding whether to kill these oblivious epic minotaurs or whether to continue sneaking by and steal their loot from under their noses. Perhaps I'll flip a coin.

Hi thanks for the quick reply my rogue is level 19 now and with dex 34 buffed am quite happy on reflex saves

now i have min rapier tier 2 and lit rapier tier 2 and scrolls for midnight greetings

i need a gaurd item kinda confused what gaurd item is best for rogue assasin

earth grab gaurd

radiance gaurd

dinsintegration gaurd

or corresive salt gaurd

what should i do with my tire 2 rapiers make it to full tire 3
    or leave them and go hunt for shard and seal of midnight greetings

or make radiance gaurd am not sure about which gaurd is best for rogue assasin as dont want to
    waste my resources

or forget the midnight greetings and complete my min and lit to tier 3

please suggest thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackdrowarcanenuts View Post
    Hi thanks for the quick reply my rogue is level 19 now and with dex 34 buffed am quite happy on reflex saves

now i have min rapier tier 2 and lit rapier tier 2 and scrolls for midnight greetings

i need a gaurd item kinda confused what gaurd item is best for rogue assasin

earth grab gaurd

radiance gaurd

dinsintegration gaurd

or corresive salt gaurd

what should i do with my tire 2 rapiers make it to full tire 3
    or leave them and go hunt for shard and seal of midnight greetings

or make radiance gaurd am not sure about which gaurd is best for rogue assasin as dont want to
    waste my resources s
    Guard items proc when you get hit.
    You get hit when you have aggro.
    When you have aggro, you will not deal sneak attack damage, unless the mob is blinded.
    Rogues want to deal sneak attack damage.

Thus, there are few situations where a guard item is really needed for a rogue. But if you want to make a guard item, a radiance guard item is a nice defensive piece of gear to make you able to deal SA damage even when you have the aggro of the mob. Personally, I don't have a guard item, but I am using a triple air item which has an air guard and haste clickies. 4:30ish worth of haste is a very nice thing if you do not have an arcane babysitting you, and triple air is very inexpensive in terms of large ingredients.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Guard items proc when you get hit.
    You get hit when you have aggro.
    When you have aggro, you will not deal sneak attack damage, unless the mob is blinded.
    Rogues want to deal sneak attack damage.

Thus, there are few situations where a guard item is really needed for a rogue. But if you want to make a guard item, a radiance guard item is a nice defensive piece of gear to make you able to deal SA damage even when you have the aggro of the mob. Personally, I don't have a guard item, but I am using a triple air item which has an air guard and haste clickies. 4:30ish worth of haste is a very nice thing if you do not have an arcane babysitting you, and triple air is very inexpensive in terms of large ingredients.
    thanks a lot but radiance proc rates are high right ?

and what i do with my rapiers make them to tire 3?

or make my gaurd first

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by blackdrowarcanenuts View Post
    thanks a lot but radiance proc rates are high right ?
    30% proc rate with Rapier and Improved crit feat.

and what i do with my rapiers make them to tire 3?

Try this
    , and this.

I suggest Holy/Flaming Burst/Flaming Blast+Good Blast (Good Blast will be suppressed).

For TierIII, you have to combine two shards.

or make my gaurd first
    RadII is extremely important for a rogue, and I don't find guards very useful. Though it would be possible to find a Radiance weapon on the auction house.

Eventually, you'll also want to make a LitII. They're still a top weapon, even after the expansion. You'll also want to make some boss beaters (+4 Holy [metal] of Bane is cheap and low level), and after that, some epic weapons are very useful. I'm a fan of my dual eGaros Malices.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    30% proc rate with Rapier and Improved crit feat.
    I think he was asking about the proc rate of radiance guard, which has the highest proc rate of all guards - 15%. It's the only guard i'd actively try to get on my gear, because a plain dps guard with a 1-2% proc rate or a one with a save aren't anything reliable, while having 15% chance (without a save!) of blinding a mob means displacement vs that mob (kind of more important now that you can't ask a friendly caster for it), AC penalty and ability to SA it for 18 seconds is just awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

I avoid radiance guard (unless it is on an easily swappable item). There are times where the radiance is an annoyance to the group (for example, blinded/held devils move around too much). I keep radiance on a weapon to give me more direct control over it.

I went heavy with guards for a few reasons:

1) they were freebies on gear I otherwise wanted to wear;
    2) I didn't see anything better to slot in those positions; and
    3) I have agro a good bit (by choice) and like the benefits of them.

My favorite are the disabling ones (earth, ice, air). The damage ones are nice little extras, but not as useful.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Ok so I've TRed and started to level a Rogue since last summer and am finally reaching lvl20 and have loosely developed him around your build (2wf-Kophesh, max STR) and now I got parts for 4/5 Abishai set items (at least I can build 3 parts for the +3 STR bonus) but now I wonder if this is even the best option, and whether I should assemble the items and make them BtC. Some of the other gear setup is also outdated obviously (Tharne's, DT-armour). I looked into this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=410088 and nobody uses Abishai it seems.

Maybe you can give a little advice on gear and what you're using, on lvl20 and lvl25 respectively. I'm not planning to get all the best EE Gianthold lvl25 items in the near future, so might a 3-item-Abishai-set for the STR-Bonus still be an option, at least at lvl20? And maybe someone has an idea to which slots to use, what slots are reserved for new (Eveningstar & GH) 'must-have' gear and so on. I'd really like to hear some ideas about that, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    Ok so I've TRed and started to level a Rogue since last summer and am finally reaching lvl20 and have loosely developed him around your build (2wf-Kophesh, max STR) and now I got parts for 4/5 Abishai set items (at least I can build 3 parts for the +3 STR bonus) but now I wonder if this is even the best option, and whether I should assemble the items and make them BtC. Some of the other gear setup is also outdated obviously (Tharne's, DT-armour). I looked into this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=410088 and nobody uses Abishai it seems.

Maybe you can give a little advice on gear and what you're using, on lvl20 and lvl25 respectively. I'm not planning to get all the best EE Gianthold lvl25 items in the near future, so might a 3-item-Abishai-set for the STR-Bonus still be an option, at least at lvl20? And maybe someone has an idea to which slots to use, what slots are reserved for new (Eveningstar & GH) 'must-have' gear and so on. I'd really like to hear some ideas about that, thanks!
    Hey Bim, Abishai, even 3-piece, hasn't been good since U15 really. (though for leveling to 23/25 it's still good)

Minimizing EE type grind:
    helm: EH Black Dragon Helm (+8 or +3 ins str, 14prr, 7con)
    necklace: Min2 HP Green Steel
    goggles: EH Dream Visor (+1 exc str)
    trinket: Planar Focus of Prowess (+3 ins or +8 str)
    cloak: EN Ghost-waking Cloak
    armor: eBlack Dragonscale Hide (just tier 1, +2 good luck)
    belt: EH Arkat's Cord (gfl35)
    bracers: Greater Convalescent Bracers of Superior Parrying
    gloves: EN Nether Grasps
    ring1: Seal of Avithoul (+7 dex)
    ring2: +1 exc con TOD ring (20% amp)
    boots: EH Surefooted Boots (deathblock)
    wpns: Balizarde x2 / Sacrificial Dagger x2
    3-5 displacement clickies/scrolls

Can definitely shuffle stats of the gear around, or 2-3 pieces, to make gearing easier/more affordable.

The biggest problems will be getting the Dragon Helm, Planar Focus, and Seal of Avithoul with farming or paying(flawless scales, plat, etc), the Balizardes(farming comms), and the bracers which can be expensive. Tharne's can still have a spot, with a Subterfuge Focus(replacing Seal of Avithoul).

As far as 25 gear, you'll want to use the Blackscale armor and a Dragon Helm(probably black to match. If you were int-based, could be blue). To get good seeker you'd want Nether Grasps to match the black armor(which supplants corm red armor) and Bracers of Twisting Shade(for exc seeker, though this kicks out 30% amp) or Mithral/Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf(big grind).

Level 28 is coming in the next expansion, keep that in mind for how much gear grinding you want to do.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    Hey Bim, Abishai, even 3-piece, hasn't been good since U15 really. (though for leveling to 23/25 it's still good)

Minimizing EE type grind:
    helm: EH Black Dragon Helm (+8 or +3 ins str, 14prr, 7con)
    necklace: Min2 HP Green Steel
    goggles: EH Dream Visor (+1 exc str)
    trinket: Planar Focus of Prowess (+3 ins or +8 str)
    cloak: EN Ghost-waking Cloak
    armor: eBlack Dragonscale Hide (just tier 1, +2 good luck)
    belt: EH Arkat's Cord (gfl35)
    bracers: Greater Convalescent Bracers of Superior Parrying
    gloves: EN Nether Grasps
    ring1: Seal of Avithoul (+7 dex)
    ring2: +1 exc con TOD ring (20% amp)
    boots: EH Surefooted Boots (deathblock)
    wpns: Balizarde x2 / Sacrificial Dagger x2
    3-5 displacement clickies/scrolls

Can definitely shuffle stats of the gear around, or 2-3 pieces, to make gearing easier/more affordable.

The biggest problems will be getting the Dragon Helm, Planar Focus, and Seal of Avithoul with farming or paying(flawless scales, plat, etc), the Balizardes(farming comms), and the bracers which can be expensive. Tharne's can still have a spot, with a Subterfuge Focus(replacing Seal of Avithoul).

As far as 25 gear, you'll want to use the Blackscale armor and a Dragon Helm(probably black to match. If you were int-based, could be blue). To get good seeker you'd want Nether Grasps to match the black armor(which supplants corm red armor) and Bracers of Twisting Shade(for exc seeker, though this kicks out 30% amp) or Mithral/Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf(big grind).

Level 28 is coming in the next expansion, keep that in mind for how much gear grinding you want to do.
    Thanks for the list, HalfORc, I'll see if I can get all this stuff together lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbelbo View Post
    Thanks for the list, HalfORc, I'll see if I can get all this stuff together lol
    Pretty good list, but lots of potential swaps depending on what you find yourself getting from quests or AH with more ease:

Epic Ring of the Stalker (tier 3) and Epic Ring of the Buccaneer are still nice, as is Ring of the Djinn (if you can't get ghost-waking cloak)
    Treads are good boots (or can move GS here)
    Clock of Shadows (level 24) is still a great cloak
    Celestia is terrific for DR breaking (undead, etc)
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    snip
    Solid list. I would add Manacles of Ceaseless Toil to a list of possibilities. +8STR, +8CON on the same item and I've used the clicky several times.

I say definitely get Flawless Black Armour. While grinding Tor for the scales, you'll get lots of awesome items that people will pay/trade for. This will significantly reduce the grind. It's what I did and I got all the items I wanted and then plat capped ~20 runs total. The Black Dragon Helm will be the most expensive to get if you don't pull one, ~1.5mil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011