Default Lammania Downloader

A few suggestions here:

1. It's horrible to not be able to gauge the speed, what if I don't want the downloader sucking all my available bandwidth at any time?

2. I didn't see any option to choose hi/low res. I downloaded high anyway...

3. Please make a checksum verifier... I downloaded every single bit of the client and the last minute my computer froze (blue screen of death yikes)... So I got back, fired up the downloader again and it can't continue. It tells me I already have the files and I should either a) delete them and redownload or b) choose another destination to save the installer. So I cancelled and tried to run the installer and the last file, as I feared, is corrupted, so it doesn't install. Meaning I would have to download the whole thing again.

4. Can't there be a way to use _SOME_ of the files we already downloaded for our current Live installation? Just copy those to a new folder and update whatever changed... :/

Not everybody has 50 gigabits internet...

The PMB downloader doesn't even work for me.
    It stps downloading at a random point, needing a restart to start downloading again. After it finishes, the files are corrupt, so it starts all the way from the beginning.

Has anyone else had the same problem and have you managed to overcome it?
    Is there perhaps another way of getting the client that I'm not aware of?

Community Member

Talking RE: Lammania Download

Is there anyone out there who has found a new link for the lammania download yet? I have even contacted tech support on this issue with...sigh alas no creative responses....lol I am yet to see if there is anything on here regarding a new link to this. I downloaded one once before and it said that it was a safelink and everything, which I always check for, due to not wanting viruses in my notebook. It was downloading for awhile then just like the other gentleman here, he had experienced the same thing with the download pausing and all the sudden stopping dead in it's tracks. I am not sure if there was recent talk on it and that they downloaded another one or not. I left the game for awhile and came back just as U14 came out, then picked back up in end of Oct. beginning of Nov. 2012. I've been playing as of the 20th of this month of Jan. 2013 three years officially.....lol :P I just was not sure if there was a recent post or anything, as I myself did not see any but the most recent was like the end of 2011. Not too long after the beta test server came out. I am wondering if anyone knows about this or anything, please send me a private message here on the forums and I will check back often. Thanks alot for your help!

You may also find me on my main and only server on here, that is Khyber as Cyradii, Serenthiaa, or Ciada. Thank you sooo much all once again for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    The PMB downloader doesn't even work for me.
    It stps downloading at a random point, needing a restart to start downloading again. After it finishes, the files are corrupt, so it starts all the way from the beginning.

Has anyone else had the same problem and have you managed to overcome it?
    Is there perhaps another way of getting the client that I'm not aware of?