Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PvP is great fun!

when you are meleeing with a pure am wizard (elven, lv 20) , and with a nice group of friends/ whatever random level 10s are in your lobster.

HIGHLIGHTS-
    I killed [level20mnkfriend] with melee! bwahahahaha!! (my mabar cloak procced a pk xD)

some AA killed one of my sorc friends, but also depleted most of his stone! and also forgot FoM. and didnt save against dc 42. He stood there while i killed him with a skiver (my friend snuck in a few blows with her awesome weapons: superior potency VI club and greenblade). then we had a good laugh buffing as much as possible, then trying to beat each other to death (we were halfway done, then my barb guildy came over and 2 shoted us)

i killed several random level 10s around the pit, gave a good laugh to my friends to see them running frantically away from the skiver-wielding wizard 8D

a certain rogue lv 10 was certain he could kill me, even sending me deriding tells. So... i meleed with him, and out dpsed him, and incapped him, then danced his incapped body [:<, ok maybe it was the stoneskin/fireshield/coldshield/mindthrust procs that did it, but still!

i found a certain toon famous for having unbeatable ac, but hed tred! lv 5, but still resiliant to my all-powerful skiver somehow (curse you towershields), and wearing nasty infested armor too. i got him down eventually :]

I played a game of "tag" with a guildy FvS. His wings vs. my shadowalk and irresistable dance! i got im eventually
    Last edited by stille_nacht; 03-22-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

when you are meleeing with a pure am wizard (elven, lv 20)
    So what else is new lol.. wait till you come across a good drow level 20 wiz... and then we will see

more people should try PvP xD, they say there is no balance, well, my wizard with a skiver was pretty balanced against a lv 13 ftr :P

Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

more people should try PvP xD, they say there is no balance, well, my wizard with a skiver was pretty balanced against a lv 13 ftr :P
    There is no balance... all other things being equal, good wiz players will always win

Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    There is no balance... all other things being equal, good wiz players will always win
    with the almighty force of skiver and nothing in the offhand!

Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Which is exactly how pvp should be. Bad wizards die to everything, good wizards kill everything. Much like quake and railgun right?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Given the fact that PVP actually adjust things down... *shrug* I'm wondering if your DC is really the used DC.

I know for a fact that your listed DR is not what is used.

I love PvP dont see why everyone hates it. I love Meleeing with my lvl 14 Drow PM! hahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

I also like taking my lvl 6 Barb taking out a tower shield, blocking and laughing while a specifics lvl 20 cant do any damage to me and has trouble hitting me!

I actually had my first venture into PvP pit today cos I was bored (damn you cove, from hell's heart, I stab at thee!!).

My level 20 monk vs. a 17 wiz.....

Wiped the floor with me He kept bouncing around like there was a pogo stick up his WF back uhhh 'evacuation receptacle' and I couldn't get a hit in. From above it must have looked like Benny Hill vs. Skippy.

Anyhoo, interesting experience, but I think casters will be the best in there....Best I go back to hitting those non-jumping orthons

KHYBER: Drilltex WF Monk 20 (TRx2), Pyrric Human Wiz (20), Drilltor WF Wiz (20), Drillsworn WF FvS (18)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post

Anyhoo, interesting experience, but I think casters will be the best in there....Best I go back to hitting those non-jumping orthons

Not always, you see many very experienced pvp'ers with clerics/fvs running around nuking the blub out of casters.
    And a nice damage build does also stand a chance. Remember, con isn't a dumb stat!
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    - Milcu - Miltank - Milcu-1 - Milskill - Milsong - Insanest -
    >T H E L A N I S<

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pie2655 View Post
    I also like taking my lvl 6 Barb taking out a tower shield, blocking and laughing while a specifics lvl 20 cant do any damage to me and has trouble hitting me!
    Don't worry about it, someone else will kill you even if he doesn't

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by callforkills View Post
    Not always, you see many very experienced pvp'ers with clerics/fvs running around nuking the blub out of casters.
    And a nice damage build does also stand a chance. Remember, con isn't a dumb stat!
    And how high are your saves, exactly?

Oh and btw..

"Wizards didn't kill ordinary people because a) they seldom noticed them and b) it wasn't considered sporting and c) besides, who'd do all the cooking and growing food and things."

- From Terry Pratchett's "Sourcery"
    Last edited by Tom318; 03-25-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Don't worry about it, someone else will kill you even if he doesn't
    Hahahah, yeah i know. Its just fun this lvl 20 FVS/Monk really good when it comes to casting But when he goes into melee mode my Barb's DR is just to much

lightmonks are actually pretty beastly with their kukan do, i couldnt hit them back with my awesome skiver dagger :[

Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

1. Wizard (or sorcerer) enters pit
    2. Wizard (or sorcerer) sees other wizards (or sorcerers).
    3. Mad casterfight.
    4. Level 4 bard becomes collateral damage, logs onto 20 favored soul (or arcane archer), kills both/all wizards (or sorcerers).
    5. Favored soul/arcane archer logs out, wizards (or sorcerers) go to grind for eardweller and ioun stones, pit becomes empty.
    6. Repeat.

Better than action movies because there's no plot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by hityawithastick View Post
    1. Wizard (or sorcerer) enters pit
    2. Wizard (or sorcerer) sees other wizards (or sorcerers).
    3. Mad casterfight.
    4. Level 4 bard becomes collateral damage, logs onto 20 favored soul (or arcane archer), kills both/all wizards (or sorcerers).
    5. Favored soul/arcane archer logs out, wizards (or sorcerers) go to grind for eardweller and ioun stones, pit becomes empty.
    6. Repeat.

Better than action movies because there's no plot!
    You must not be on Sarlona. While not as prevalent of late, the unmentionable one brings plenty of plot, drama, and dialogue to the Lobster's brawling pit...and anyone unlucky enough to still have general chat on in the Harbor can "hear" it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne View Post
    You must not be on Sarlona. While not as prevalent of late, the unmentionable one brings plenty of plot, drama, and dialogue to the Lobster's brawling pit...and anyone unlucky enough to still have general chat on in the Harbor can "hear" it...
    You killing me with (fill in the blank with your classes ability) is cheap!!! That doesnt count!!! Its lame that your class can do (ability) from accross the room!!!

I used to hose down the pit with slayer arrows on fairly regular intervals, which usually coincided with general chat being taken over by bawling about PVP.

Reading some of that stuff makes me think I am in lake of ill omen in EQ1 again...
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne View Post
    -rolls pale master on Sarlona-
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

witty comment about your mother goes here

PvP is fun when you don't take it seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast