Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Frustrated by the lotto's lack of sorting?

NEW EDIT: This tool is being retired as the lotteries and my.ddo.com are going away. See here for more details. Considering the problems that my.ddo.com had I think the is the right move by Turbine.

EDIT: This post found on the second page links to a better solution for Firefox users:
    Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post

Here is a tool for you:

DDO Lottery Watcher

Features:
    Can log in directly and download all the lottery winners from your myDDO page.
    Can sort by any field displayed by clicking the column header.
    Results may be copy/pasted into any modern spreadsheet program.
    Offline mode for those who don't trust me allows you to take advantage of the features of the program by pasting the html source of your myDDO page.
    The program automatically saves the user name.
    Will save the password if you check the supplied box (not recommended). new
    The list from the last time you checked now is saved and displayed the next time you run the program. new
    The window title shows the date and time of the list displayed. new

Note:
    I wrote this for my wife and myself. I am sharing it because I think it is useful. It was tested to be virus free with Sophos and Avira but there are no guarantees. You should be using your own antivirus anyway.

Also worth noting is that this uses your myDDO user name and password not the game client user name/password.

The program has now been updated to warn if an invalid user name or password was used.

Edited to update screenshot.
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 03-29-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Clarity and updated link

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Offline mode for those who don't trust me allows you to take advantage of the features of the program by pasting the html source of your myDDO page.
    Doesn't seem to save these settings. My temp fix is to have a .txt file in the same folder, for ease of Copy + Paste at a later date. Any way that a save could happen?

Also, +1 for the tool. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Doesn't seem to save these settings. My temp fix is to have a .txt file in the same folder, for ease of Copy + Paste at a later date. Any way that a save could happen?

Also, +1 for the tool. Thanks
    It should have saved your user name. Provided all the files from the zip ended up in the same folder. Is the DDO_Lottery_Watcher.exe.config file there?

I tend to avoid saving passwords. I'll see about adding a check box so the user can decide.

It should have saved your user name. Provided all the files from the zip ended up in the same folder. Is the DDO_Lottery_Watcher.exe.config file there?

I tend to avoid saving passwords. I'll see about adding a check box so the user can decide.
    I quoted specifically the "Offline Mode" portion to show that I wasn't using the username/password combo. Offline Mode is not saving its settings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    I quoted specifically the "Offline Mode" portion to show that I wasn't using the username/password combo. Offline Mode is not saving its settings.
    Okay I think I am missing something. What are you asking to have saved? The current list? If so that is doable.

Okay I think I am missing something. What are you asking to have saved? The current list? If so that is doable.
    No, I was missing something.

I was thinking for some reason that the HTML Page Source allowed the program to pull things up real-time.

Never mind me, I'm being a dolt. Thanks again for the program.

You're welcome and I understand confusion. It has been my state at work all day.

Thumbs up

Nice! I can't wait to try it from home this evening.

+1!

I hope it does you some good.

Just a word of warning: While the program is very fast, it does have to download the myDDO page which takes some time to build on the server. While waiting for the program to download the page it will not respond for about 10 seconds or so.

Community Member

You have saved the results in a persistent database and any reloading results in an unhandled exception in the offline mode. Where are you saving the results to purge?

I love this! +1

Zaviticus | Trawn | Minithra | Drislara | Gwinyth | Overdrive | Buttermylk | Karrisa | Thundyrcat

Just a word of warning: While the program is very fast, it does have to download the myDDO page which takes some time to build on the server. While waiting for the program to download the page it will not respond for about 10 seconds or so.
    Perhaps you could add a "loading" graphic so people know that it's working? Also if you don't have it already, you could add some error checking and if myddo happens to be down you could toss out a custom error.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaljaw View Post
    You have saved the results in a persistent database and any reloading results in an unhandled exception in the offline mode. Where are you saving the results to purge?
    Funny you should mention that. I got it fixed last night and just updated the download. The persistent data is stored in your settings folder and depends on what version of Windows you are running.

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\??? (Not entirely sure as I don't use XP anymore.)
    Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Private\DDO_Lotter y_Watcher.??? (Random characters will be tacked onto the end.)

If you re-download the program you shouldn't need to clear this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Perhaps you could add a "loading" graphic so people know that it's working? Also if you don't have it already, you could add some error checking and if myddo happens to be down you could toss out a custom error.
    Good idea! I changed the program to change the title text while downloading and disable the buttons while the download occurs.

The new version is at the same link as above.
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 03-26-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaviticus View Post
    I love this! +1
    Thanks!

I'm hoping it becomes obsolete by way of the web team fixing the site. *lol*

Thank you very much for this program. You have solved 80% of my frustration with the MyDDO Lotteries!

Community Member

Talking Much needed tool

Here is a tool for you:
    I wrote this for my wife and myself. I am sharing it because I think it is useful.
    Sweet! +1 for sharing

I still wish Turbine would at least sort by date w/ newest on top, but this is much better than logging in to all my characters :-)
    I'm only an occasional player since ShadowFell, please forgive me if I'm not up to speed on anything that's changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLTS View Post
    I still wish Turbine would at least sort by date w/ newest on top, but this is much better than logging in to all my characters :-)
    You and me both! It would have saved me a bit of coding had they done the right thing.

COOL!!! +1!

Though, I can't get it to work. I get several of these messages:

...and then it fails out.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    COOL!!! +1!

Though, I can't get it to work. I get several of these messages:

...and then it fails out.
    That is caused by one of two different things:
    1. You typed your myDDO user name and password wrong or used your game user name and password.
    2. myDDO is busy and is redirecting to that site down page.

I'm looking into a more meaningful error message in the future.

I'm a total dope. Forum and myDDO password is cached, and I had forgotten which one I used. That's exactly what the problem was.

Thanks for the lightning quick support! Love the app! +1!
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast