Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dal Quor
    Posts
    4,784

    Default Half Elves any good now?

    I've been away from the game for a while, but I was wondering if Halfelves were decent?
    I have a human khopesh rogue and was wondering if TR'ing her into halfelf rogue was a feasible idea or not.
    I understand that anything could be made to work, but if halfelf doesn't grant anything worthwhile to the build while taking away a feat, well, meh.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

  2. #2
    Hero Propane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin
    Posts
    689

    Default

    IMO they are worth considering…

    They get up to a 20% racial healing amp and the Dilettante feats are very nice.

    You could take fighter and get and gain Proficiency with all martial melee weapons or Paladin for up a +5 to all saves…

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Dilettante_feats

    Good luck!

    Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

  3. #3
    Community Member DarkSpectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Body Shop, Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    208

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Symar-FangofLloth View Post
    I've been away from the game for a while, but I was wondering if Halfelves were decent?
    I have a human khopesh rogue and was wondering if TR'ing her into halfelf rogue was a feasible idea or not.
    I understand that anything could be made to work, but if halfelf doesn't grant anything worthwhile to the build while taking away a feat, well, meh.
    YES, the halfelf is great for certain well planned builds.
    My last four characters are TR's that were reborn to halfelf...
    My Halfling Ranger TRing into a Halfelf FVS was one of the GREATEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!!
    "Khyber Server" The Crown Jewel of DDO Main Alts. Darkelvis, Thickelvis, Almostelvis, Holyelvis, Lil-elvis

  4. #4
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    They can make for some very interesting builds now that their Dilettante feats have been expanded on.

    In my opinion, the only lingering problem with Half-Elves is having to look at em... but that's what /showhelmet on is for, I guess.
    53461

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    half elves have been a solid race since they were introduced.

    In fact, unless you are building to target a specific enhancement for a race (WF PA or Dwarve Axe dmg for examples), I would rank them above all other races for a general build.

  6. #6
    Community Member PNellesen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    I've been pretty happy with my Half-Elf Pure Cleric w/ Fighter Dilettante. He's working out pretty much exactly as I hoped he would - good healing and good DCs (so far) on his Cleric spells, and the ability to contribute to melee with pretty much any two-hander he finds without having to actually splash a level of Fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

  7. #7
    Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dal Quor
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    What would you recommend for a Rogue, then?
    Fighter, for some more Dex to armor and maybe some DCs?
    Paladin for more saves (and lowbie wand usage)?
    Monk for some more healing amp to help with selfheals? Will I be stuck with a stupid "noncentered" icon though?

    I'll be grabbing EWP: Khopesh so the martial weapon usage isn't a big deal once I get back to greensteel levels.

    Is the Mark of Storms any good? I probably can't fit it in anyway.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

  8. #8
    Community Member Impatiens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    In my opinion, the only lingering problem with Half-Elves is having to look at em... but that's what /showhelmet on is for, I guess.
    While I agree for the most part, I feel like there are a few options that actually look pretty decent. I somehow managed to make my female half elf look pretty cute. There is only like one acceptable nose option and two or three eye options though. Not much variety if you want a semi decent looking helf.

    Edit: Proof?



    I think she's reasonably good-looking anyway!
    Last edited by Impatiens; 03-18-2011 at 07:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    They can make for some very interesting builds now that their Dilettante feats have been expanded on.

    In my opinion, the only lingering problem with Half-Elves is having to look at em... but that's what /showhelmet on is for, I guess.
    ^^this...

    The Dilly feats are actually pretty well rounded and can be really beneficial. But try and make one look good, and you're in for a long night on the character appearance screen!
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  10. #10
    Community Member Terebinthia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impatiens View Post
    While I agree for the most part, I feel like there are a few options that actually look pretty decent. I somehow managed to make my female half elf look pretty cute. There is only like one acceptable nose option and two or three eye options though. Not much variety if you want a semi decent looking helf.

    Edit: Proof?



    I think she's reasonably good-looking anyway!

    I think that particular hairstyle helps a lot, too, helps the face look a lot more balanced (It's what I went with too). It's just a shame there are so few attractive options. At least the dance moves are better than humans
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

  11. #11
    Community Member Impatiens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    I think that particular hairstyle helps a lot, too, helps the face look a lot more balanced (It's what I went with too). It's just a shame there are so few attractive options. At least the dance moves are better than humans
    Yes, I love the /dance for the half elf! When I first made one to just test out how they looked in game and I did /dance I was pleasantly surprised. It's definitely one of the best dances in the game, in my opinion, but I might be slightly biased since I took ballet lessons for nearly 14 years I agree, it's a shame there are so few attractive options, but at least there are some nice looking options out there.
    Last edited by Impatiens; 03-19-2011 at 05:42 PM.

  12. #12
    Community Member bonscott87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impatiens View Post
    Yes, I love the /dance for the half elf! When I first made one to just test out how they looked in game and I did /dance I was pleasantly surprised. It's definitely one of the best dances in the game, in my opinion, but I might be slightly biased since I took ballet lessons for nearly 14 years I agree, it's a shame there are so few attractive options, but at least there are some nice looking options out there.
    Try /dance2 and it's a cheerleader routine. LOL

  13. #13
    Community Member bonscott87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    208

    Default

    LOVE the half-elf cleric dilly. Mine is a pure light monk and with half-elf I've got HUGE healing amp and with the cleric dilly you can use all cleric wands (more healing!) and if you take the upgrades you can use most cleric scrolls. Nice to pop off a flame strike at just the right time or more important near no fail raise dead, heal and restoration scrolls. Very nice.

  14. #14
    Community Member blametroi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symar-FangofLloth View Post
    What would you recommend for a Rogue, then?
    Fighter, for some more Dex to armor and maybe some DCs?
    Paladin for more saves (and lowbie wand usage)?
    Monk for some more healing amp to help with selfheals? Will I be stuck with a stupid "noncentered" icon though?

    I'll be grabbing EWP: Khopesh so the martial weapon usage isn't a big deal once I get back to greensteel levels.

    Is the Mark of Storms any good? I probably can't fit it in anyway.
    I TRed my halfling rogue into a helf and I'm pleased with the results. She's only 13 ATM since I am not one of those leveling speed deamons.

    I took the wiz dil to get reliable mud at early levels. Stoneskin on demand at level 7 rocks (no pun intended). I am going to switch now that her UMD is high enough but I haven't decided what to yet. I might go fighter, but I'm still thinking.

  15. #15
    Community Member Impatiens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post
    Try /dance2 and it's a cheerleader routine. LOL
    Yeah...I don't use that one as much.

  16. #16
    Community Member PopeJual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meridia
    Posts
    4,825

    Default

    If you're ViP and you don't have to pay for Half Elves, then it's worth rolling one up just to see the /taunt animation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload