Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

The Deck of Many Things and the Hand of Vecna didn't treat me very well in the campaigns where they were present...
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Community Member

The "Oh ****, I Just Ended the Campaign" Blade as random loot.

I normally played with some friends for my usual group, but I knew a few other gamers who didn't come around that often. One of these guys invites me along to play with his usual group, and so I decided to go along with it. I'm told to make a level 7 character, and as I'm rolling it up and whatnot, I'm hearing just how "special" this group is.

We get rolling, and the GM brings in his pet NPC/Secret Super Character, who has apparently killed an adult blue dragon, single handed. We go back to the cave where said dragon's lair was, and the dragon is partially embedded in the wall in a spectacularly absurd fashion. There was also a young blue dragon there, who almost kills GM's pet NPC, much to a great deal of humor to me.

So, we take down the dragon, because this GM didn't pay any attention to the dragon's spells and abilities beyond the breath weapon. The GM starts rolling some treasure randomly on the charts, and one of them ended up being a sword. And then he rolled for random abilities.

Being the intellectual giant that he was, the GM didn't bother to read the fact a weapon could have only up to a +10 total enchantment, and happened to get some crazy-high rolls that kept saying, "roll twice." Time has made my mind a little foggy on the exact nature of all of the abilities, but it included vorpal and a couple of ele bursts, and +5 enchantment.

As if this wasn't enough, the GM got a childlike gleam in his eyes, and he looked at the tables for a chance of the item being intelligent. I don't know if this was actual rolls or the GM thinking how "cool and awesome" it would be, but surprise surprise, the uberblade was smart. It gets a whole new slew of stupidity added to it, including a special purpose. It ends up being something that wants to defeat/kill everything. He decides its purpose was to go against the gods, hence why it's all OP and ridiculous. And it so happened that it was my character drawing it.

I looked at him and told him that I just killed the party. At first he thought I was doing it as a joke, but then I pointed out all the ego something like that would have. If I contested it, I'd be crushed like an ant, I'd have to hand over my character sheet, and then the sword would kill everyone else. Deciding he didn't want the campaign ended that way, he rolled up some more tame weapon thereafter.

Years ago played in a group which had a Rogue/Thief in it, the person playing him was superb and really had a knack for it, anyway he asked the DM at the time if he could have a coin made by a wizard which he could "flick" so to speak at monsters and it would return to him. If the monster didn't make a fortitude or reflex save then they died instantly since it was assumed that the coin went through their brain instantly killing them. Now this was way over powered and as you might think the DM objected, to which the player then said that what if it could only be used once per day and that any bosses we came across the DM could just have them have stupidly high saves, why would he have such a thing the DM asked and he replied that it was a weapon without being a weapon which is something that a Thief would use and like.

It made for some interesting encounters and didn't break the game due to the restrictions on it but man it was fun!

Stoner81.

The most powerful item ive ever created (while DMing).

Hmmm thats probly a giant metal dragon 'airship' named the ragnarok. The game itself was definately in the montyhaul spirit, and the setting and ethos behind the story was oriental + viking manga esq, infact i would reward players with combat bonuses for cool descriptions of what their character was doing.

The players had to find the 'ancient legacy weapons of the celestial dragons' - there were 9 different ones. Each weapon would then let them activate certain parts of the ragnarok for the plots finale.

The game was actualy 2nd ed rules - ans we converted some stuff accross to 3.0 later.

Each of the lagacy weapons were very powerfull as wel, and grew in power with the character. - heres an example.

Gauntlets of the celestial fire dragon: (all lvls, grants improved unarmed strike)
    lvl 1-6: unarmed damage (1d8) flaming.
    lvl 7-11: unarmed damage (1d10) flaming burst, flame strike 1/day.
    lvl 12-15: unarmed damage (1d12) flaming burst, flame strike 3/day, fly 3/day.
    lvl 16-19: unarmed damage (1d20) flaming burst, flamestrike 3/day, fly at will, dragon breath red 1/day.
    lvl 20: unarmed damage (1d20) flaming burst, flame strike 3/day, fly at will, dragon breath every d4 rounds. shapeshift red dragon at will.

Oh and in the 'glove compartment' of the ragnarok was a 5000 year old potion of 'redbull strength'. which of course got fed to a familiar.

Sooty the cat went from being a cute little house cat to standing 6 foot tall, with draconic wings and flaming claws. You can always rely on the players to feed the ancient potion of super power to an innocent pet.

The most powerful item Ive ever had as a player:
    Time mahcine. YEH... I only had access to it for 30 seconds or so in game but that was enough to multiply my wealth by 20 or so
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

4e: Vorpal Butterknife, d1 damage

If you hit,...

Default Havoc.cry, you complete me

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    A self aware animated spoon with 20 levels of psion in 3.5 dnd was my parties primary adversary... eventually someone took improved sunder and took it out... eventually. It mind controlled people, forcing them to use it, and took the party about 14 levels to figure out it was the spoons in control of everything. Also I had a fork the followed the party around. It was harmless but the paranoia it caused caused more deaths in the party than the spoon ever did. Unfortunately the players got real life aggro and left the game for military service in japan and iraq before I could introduce then to a dinner knife.
    +100 for making me lawl

This is the kind of campaign that makes PnP irreplaceable.
    Character Compendium

Default Also a ship

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    The most powerful item ive ever created (while DMing).

Hmmm thats probly a giant metal dragon 'airship' named the ragnarok. (...snip)
    Neat! Mine was also a ship--one of the players decided to cast permanent invisibility on their war boat. Made for some really good campaign twists.
    Character Compendium

Not an item but...
    From the TSR2501 Monstrous Compendium: Mystara {AD&D 2nd Ed.}:

The blackball is a mysterious and extraordinarily dangerous opponent. No one knows precisely how this creature comes into being, or even if it’s alive. Also called the deadly sphere, it is simply a featureless black globe, 5 feet in diameter. It levitates about slowly and silently, in apparently random patterns, disintegrating everything in its path.
    The blackball has no recognizable mind or intelligence.

Combat: Whatever solid or liquid matter the blackball touches simply disintegrates (no saving throw); the deadly sphere moves freely through anything. This ability makes it immune to all weapons or attacks; even the most magical swords are destroyed immediately by contact with the blackball. When encountered, the blackball moves toward the nearest intelligent Creature within 60 feet The deadly sphere’s ability to sense intelligence extends in three dimensions, so underground adventurers may be surprised by the sudden appearance of a blackball from above or below.
    The Blackball's advance is relentless, moving in a straight line toward its victim, regardless of the physical or magical barriers in its way. Running away is the only way to deal with a blackball, though that may not be possible in a labyrinth or other such situation. If all intelligent life flees beyond its 60-foot detection range, the blackball will resume its seemingly random movement until another intelligent creature is detected.
    If characters close to melee combat range with the blackball the blackball moves toward one of them (the DM should choose randomly). Because of the blackball’s slowness, its target can evade the blackball with a successful Dexterity check regardless of initiative and other actions; this check, and not an attack roll, determines the Blackball’s success. If the Dexterity check fails, the blackball catches and disintegrates the opponent. If characters try to fight the blackball, everything that touches it disintegrates.

It wasn't an item buyt once did a quest where we were all lev 20. At some point a got to make a wish. I whished to be a demi-god. I got my wish and all my stats were 20. I think a got a couple of powers as well. Made the rest of the quest easier. My D.M. was ****ed. LOLO

Community Member

Default Necro power unite!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    That's interesting because...

The caster is likewise dealt 200d6 points of damage

...you kill it but you're probably toast as well. Would really make for an interesting and difficult decision?
    Couldn't you make a doppelganger have him cast the spell, then it dies spells accomplished and you win?

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Most powerful item I've used so far...

+3 longbow.

Before you pooh pooh, keep in mind. My highest toon is level 4.

Ranger with Archer's focus maxed (+30% damage), conjured returning +1 arrows (new enhancement) of lightening (also enhancement). It took the end boss down in 2 shot shots after knocking out his cohort of protectors with between 1 and 3 shots each in Irestone Inlet.

Maybe not as impressive as everyone else. But it's the best I've done so far. Well, in this game.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 09-03-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345