Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I did the two that Xgemina mentioned:

An Explosive Situation
    Home Sweet Sewer

I am in the Lobster.

Bahala, will be able to catch up to us, being a monk and so tall, he runs very fast
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

First post updated with quest list and my total xp.

Game Night Tonight !

See you at the Wayward Lobster at 8.

1st post updated. I see I have 128 Coin Lord favor after tonight. If we finish up these low level quests on elite we should hit lvl 2 favor for all the inventory slots next week.

Game Night Tonight !

Just logged in as Connyl to and there was an ingame mail from Mayidil:

Connyl, I have very much enjoyed questing with you guys the last few years. Unfortunately, my schedule and responsibilities make it impossible for me to dedicate one night a week to playing DDO. I will continue playing whenever I can, but I can't commit to a dedicated time slot each week. Good luck in all your endeavors!

First post updated.

We talked in game a bit about the guild chest. Khyrosh, I would say the +1 Mithral FP is fine to use, it is not really an overpowered item but in the future lets not use the guild chest. Really anything could be in there and it is not much different than twinking.

We also never made a decision about legacy items. Xgemina and I talked about it, how about you can have one legacy item but nothing higher than ML:6 and no Risia frost on it?

Community Member

Default static

Hey,

PSSSSTTTT!!

if you need another... I can fill in.. love the static.. love team players.. let me know..

Zim

Quote Originally Posted by Zimdar View Post
    Hey,

PSSSSTTTT!!

if you need another... I can fill in.. love the static.. love team players.. let me know..

Zim
    Zimdar we are full at the moment but I will let you know if we have an opening.

Game Night Tonight !

Game Night Tonight !

I like the way the intimidate with shields works, should be fun.

I have crafted a bit with one of my other characters but do not plan to on this one.
    I do not think we need to restrict it as far as team rules go but I just think we don't play these characters enough to get the massive amount of loot you have to use to make anything, very grindy so far.

I got a family call. I'll be about 40min late.

Default Crafting

wondering if anyone has done any of the new "crafting" yet - and how it might apply to our group?

I haven't so much as looked at what its all about as yet.
    I'm wondering if its worthwhile at all?
    If its something we can pass items / components / etc to one character, and they can "skill up" and make useful items for the whole group, or crafted stuff is bound to that character?

If its truly an individual skill, I wonder how practical it would be.... on the other hand, we're not using the auction house, so it might be a better purpose than simply selling everything to the merchants?

EDIT:
    oh.. and totally off-topic
    has anyone been watching the new "Game of Thrones" series on TV?
    We just seem like the kind of people that might gravitate to such a thing, lol.
    I started into it with very low expectations.... and now I can hardly wait for the next episode!
    For any of you old Neverwinter Nights fanatics... there was actually some really great modules of "Song of Ice and Fire" (which is the story/books that the show is based on )
    Last edited by conorknoxx; 05-04-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Sarlona: Moretisha Nightsmyth / Rhue Meridian / Elijah Darkreign

I have been crafting with one character, I have deconstrcuted a lot of items (100+) and made shards out of the essenses but have not made any finished weapons yet. I am level 12-15 in the 3 schools.
    Right now it takes tons of items to make anything so I don't think we need to restrict these characters, there is no danger of us making overpowered items at present. So craft away.

I have read all the Song of Ice and Fire books (read the first book when it first came out in the 90's) and I am waiting impatiently for the next one. Might need to reread the old ones.

I have been watching the HBO series with my wife, haven't watched Sunday's yet, hopefully this weekend. It is good but weird seeing actors as the characters. I can picture most of these people in my head, some are good some are different, pretty good on the whole.

Ned and Cat were younger in the books, I think late 30's Sean Bean is in his 50's. They are good but not how I pictured them. Robert is supposed to be fat now but I still imagined him looking stonger.

I think the kids are good, Joffrey, Arya etc.

Also the Daenerys storyline characters are good. I guess the more I don't know the actors from somewhere else the better. LOTR was like that the first time watching before most of them became well known, easier to believe they are the characters.

The wall is cool. I like Tyrion too, although he is supposed to be ugly in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by conorknoxx View Post
    wondering if anyone has done any of the new "crafting" yet - and how it might apply to our group?

I haven't so much as looked at what its all about as yet.
    I'm wondering if its worthwhile at all?
    If its something we can pass items / components / etc to one character, and they can "skill up" and make useful items for the whole group, or crafted stuff is bound to that character?

If its truly an individual skill, I wonder how practical it would be.... on the other hand, we're not using the auction house, so it might be a better purpose than simply selling everything to the merchants?

EDIT:
    oh.. and totally off-topic
    has anyone been watching the new "Game of Thrones" series on TV?
    We just seem like the kind of people that might gravitate to such a thing, lol.
    I started into it with very low expectations.... and now I can hardly wait for the next episode!
    For any of you old Neverwinter Nights fanatics... there was actually some really great modules of "Song of Ice and Fire" (which is the story/books that the show is based on )

Game Night Tonight !

Default running late

hey all!
    don't know if anyone will see this, since its after game-time...
    I'm still at work, running another 40 minutes or so...
    I'll get on as soon as I can!!

good hunting in the meantime!
    Conor

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    I have been crafting with one character, I have deconstrcuted a lot of items (100+) and made shards out of the essenses but have not made any finished weapons yet. I am level 12-15 in the 3 schools.
    Right now it takes tons of items to make anything so I don't think we need to restrict these characters, there is no danger of us making overpowered items at present. So craft away.

I noticed that I looted a decent amount of Essences with Connlyssa and was going to give them to my crafting character. I decided to look for some crafting guides first though. It turns out I was a bit off in dismissing crafting. To make items useful for high level characters is quite a grind, however to make something that is handy for our Dedicated Team lowbies is actually quite easy. We also had been discussing muckbanes when we played which was in the back of my mind.

Check out this guide , follwing it, I went from zero crafting XP on Connlyssa to making a +1 lesser ooze bane greatclub in a short time. Now this club will take damage unlike muckbane but hopefully it lasts a whole quest. Better than carrying 3 wooden clubs like I have been.

I started with a plain old greatclub from the Hammer & Chain. Decontruct a few vendor trash items, make a couple of useless shards and you will be ready to make this club. Anyway, follow the guide it was very easy.

Now, as the system is currently, you can get to level 5 arcane crafting very easy. So this is easy. But to make a pure good weapon is hard, I think that is a level 30 -40 recipe. So we won't be making any uber weapons but some situationly handy ones.

I guess what I'm wondering comes down to whether or not crafted items are transferrable?
    Can we "funnel" all our items to one character, to power-level his crafting skill, then he/she makes items for everyone? ( I suspect not..)

Is there level restrictions for crafting levels as well? (eg: can a level 1 character become a high-level "crafter"? )

I suppose one option would be to funnel lots of items to one character, so they can skill-up crafting, then once he's achieved a certain (pre-decided) level, we then all feed another character, until they are at that level, and so on... so at least one character (each in turn) gets a good / fast benefit from crafting?

and off on another topic....
    I'm still not sure if the game is getting that much easier, or we're just "that good" lol..
    but with only the 4 of us... we pounded through Freshen the Air on hard (we were even a bit more "careless" than normal in fact, it seemed to me - and still no problem)
    I'm certain with the full group, elite would have been no problem at all!

Game Night Tonight !

Connor, after yesterday's update, you can make BTA items. Shards are BTA now too. Essences are freely tradeable, they are on the Auction House.

Crafting level has to do with your ability to make shards, things like Pure Good and Holy are high level, lesser ooze bane is low level. You then put shards on blank weapons and so far those recipes are level one, so if you can make the shard you can make the weapon. Of course you still have to deal with the minimum character level that will be assigned to the weapon you make. So a Level 1 wizard could theoriticaly level up in crafting skill and make a level 10 item he cannot use.

As far as game difficulty, we are team players so that helps a lot but it is easier now too. I can't remember all the changes but some big ones are no more death xp penalty, no enhancements, rest shrines resetting, crazy Korthos loot etc.

Sorry guys, but I have a meeting at one of my stores tonight and I wont be able to make it.
    Sarlona - Role Playing: Ardoon - Cleric-1/Fighter-1, Hieronymus - Pal-10, Perfideous - Rog-23, Torrak - Barb-9, Klauria - Sorc-8
    Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild: Marrcis – Ftr-20, Marrcus-Ftr-17, Destructer – Ftr-18, Kleban - Barb-17, Saraphinia - Rgr-11/Mon-2/Pal-3, Marcusta - Sorc-15, Torrak - Monk-12

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast