Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Default Vanahein "Purpleskin"

I assume it's logical introduce myself. When I was made they called me Purpleskin, but after the war, I renamed myself to Vanahein, because it was the name of the last human being killed by my hands in the last war. He lasts words to me were, "I pray to the Flame that you will find your place after this carnage". Then I saw him shutdown (or anything you call after ceasing functions).

After the great war we, warforgeds, got our freedom. I have confirmed this when I found myself alone, wandering in the streets, for a time that I do not recall. I do not know what was that feeling (sorrow), I have no memory for that and I wasn't programed to act without a duty or directives. But, when I saw that ship docking, I felt that I started to find my journey, like desired by that human. I'm not yet secure that I can find "my place".

In the middle of my voyage a white dragon appeared from nowhere. People started to scream when our ship was shattered in pieces and I found a member of that half"somehing" race, named Jeets, in the beach after the wreckage. After make my way, I found you here in Korthos island. Seems we were in the same ship, but I do not remember you there.

Being a free automaton it's proving to be a harsh quest.

I TRed Vanahein, an ex-exploiter that I dont play for ages, to a WF Artificer (self heal, i dont need you cleric, but you can res me anytime ). He is in my old guild, but i'll move him to Dedicated Groups when we start to play. For now, like every one, I runned solo quests and wait in the Korthos tavern (dont remember the name). And, yes, we have 3 rangeds (iirc). And, yes (also), the melees will find only corpses when they reach an enemy. XD
    Last edited by oculto; 06-29-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conorknoxx View Post
    I've got to admit, this has all got my interest going again, lol.
    "True Resurrection" certainly opens some RP possibilities.... either remembering your past life, but struggling with how "different" you are now - or not being able to remember your past at all.... and (classic plot) searching for answers.
    I'd have to be Mortesha - so female - hmmm..... maybe I wouldn't have to be female...
    well, anyhow - then it leads to "class" choice.
    I too am somewhat tempted by an "archer" (and again, I don't think party balance is really an issue, so its all good if we have several archers ) I've tried several times to build a good one, and have never really been happy. I suspect a ranger / fighter mix might yield some good results.
    I also had a dual-weilding monk on the go for while, which was working quite well... (there's some feat along the way that lets longswords be Ki weapons, which was cool)
    I'd like to see more on "why we're all together" too - would help to get my mind more into this "character"...
    I'll certainly give it some more thought, and I guess I'm leaning towards "count me in!" lol... sheesh you guys!
    First of all, there is nothing that says Mortesha has to be female. You could be the proverbial boy named Sue. Your parents, already having 3 sons, were hoping for a girl this time and out popped another boy. Well, they already had a named picked out (named you after your maternal grandmother) and they hung it on ya. "Damn it, for the last time, my name is Mort!"

Now as to why we're together. Well, taking your "Templar Knights" idea, how about we are all members of House Deneith's Bladmarks Guild? We're on detached duty doing mercenary work (ie: quests). We were sent from the Deneith headquarters in Karralakton, Khorvaire to earn glory and riches for the guild.

Or, we could be Sentinel Marshals - which are the official bounty hunters of House Deneith. They have the authority to track down and arrest criminals in the Five Nations. We just happen to be the first group of marshals sent to Stormreach to help the lawful authority of the Coin Lords - the quests would be our bounties. Again, glory and honor to House Deneith.

I think the Blademark or Marshal idea would work well, especially with how the patrons and many of the quest givers in House Deneith treat you. Shoot, the general acts as if you are in his army when you get favor. And lets face it, House Deneith is everywhere in Xendrick. Who guards the expedition in Threnal? - House D. The expedition to Shavarath? - House D. You get the idea. If it's important, House Deneith guards it! The biggest and the baddest

We could also play as agents of the Sovereign Host, all with a bit of a religious bent. Ardoon obviously the cleric of Dol Arrah. As a bard I would be like a chanter of Olladra (being the other healer) - Van the artificer could be a devotee of Onatar, etc..
    Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

current thoughts: so, if we're sent by House D (something in the mercenary vein - which works just fine for me) that would likely mean we were traveling together, and shipwrecked ? (the idea that we don't know each other, but were all sent by House D, shipwrecked and on the beach with Jeets seems unlikely, lol )
    Perhaps it was the storm / wreck etc that caused our "resurection" ? Whether each of us has memory of our past life, I don't see why it can't be up to the individual.
    However... when Mortesha washed up on the beach, she has no memory of anything before the shipwreck. She has a sealed parchment with her name, and her "orders" and that's all she's got to go by....
    I'm thinking I will switch her gender - either elf or drow (its too bad there's all that weird difference between the FR drow and the Eberron drow, otherwise it would be cool to think the drow we were just doing battle with had somehow done this to us... ) - and make her into an archer. I actually really like the idea of group of trained marksmen wandering about the more the better I say! I can see all sorts of RP opportunities with flashbacks of being female / much shorter / attacking from range (but not understanding why magic just doesn't work for me!) / and some very odd affinity for the undead.... :P
    Its a tough game for RP really, since you can't have any real interaction with the "world" - and over the course of our very long grouping / traveling together, its hard to really maintain much "newness" in our RP together - I can't think of any better idea than what we're talking about here, and I think it has great potential!
    Sarlona: Moretisha Nightsmyth / Rhue Meridian / Elijah Darkreign

someone seems interested here...

I’ll be fine with whatever we come up with and I can adjust Ardoon’s store as needed, but I was thinking that another idea is we could all have different reasons why we’re here and in the Wavecrest. We all joined together to serve our various causes. I was thinking as part of Ardoons back story that he was from the Forgotten Realms and can’t believe where he is now. (He is magically transported to Eberron in a ship wreck. There is no reason why we all had to be on the same ship.)

Ardoon’s Tale: Looking for Waterdeep, A Search for Pie!! (An excerpt)

“I was maken me way to Waterdeep when all this happened ta me. They told me that they has the best pie in the all the lands there. So, whos will’n ta helps me ‘Search for Pie’ and helps me find me way home?”
    Sarlona - Role Playing: Ardoon - Cleric-1/Fighter-1, Hieronymus - Pal-10, Perfideous - Rog-23, Torrak - Barb-9, Klauria - Sorc-8
    Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild: Marrcis – Ftr-20, Marrcus-Ftr-17, Destructer – Ftr-18, Kleban - Barb-17, Saraphinia - Rgr-11/Mon-2/Pal-3, Marcusta - Sorc-15, Torrak - Monk-12

The Sentinel Marshal idea is cool. You can even read about one in the two official DDO novels!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-The-Shard-Axe

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-now-available!
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

So today is Game Night. Last one before I go on vacation and then when I get back we start the new TR's.

Do we want to play the old ones tonight? Or meet up to discuss anything? Be available to guide anyone through the TR process?

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    So today is Game Night. Last one before I go on vacation and then when I get back we start the new TR's.

Do we want to play the old ones tonight? Or meet up to discuss anything? Be available to guide anyone through the TR process?
    Let's meet up tonight and discuss where we're at.

We can run around a bit later with our old characters if once we have things set up.
    Sarlona - Role Playing: Ardoon - Cleric-1/Fighter-1, Hieronymus - Pal-10, Perfideous - Rog-23, Torrak - Barb-9, Klauria - Sorc-8
    Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild: Marrcis – Ftr-20, Marrcus-Ftr-17, Destructer – Ftr-18, Kleban - Barb-17, Saraphinia - Rgr-11/Mon-2/Pal-3, Marcusta - Sorc-15, Torrak - Monk-12

Forgot to ask, are you guys in Snowy Korthos?

Even though no name change as part of a TR, you can buy a name chance parchment for 995 TP in the DDO store. Either before or after the TR.
    I would do after though, just in case.

The new thread is open !
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rty-8PM-EST-V3!

Also, forget about my question about snowy Korthos, I see some people have been to the bank and done the solo quests, so snowy was skipped.

I did not post my character bio in the new thread, not sure if we decided on the Blademark, Sentinel Marshal or Sovereign Host plan. He will be fine with any of the scenarios but I do like the Sentinel Marshal idea , since I read those books. Maybe mash them together?

Anyway, here is Connyl:

Connyl is a level 1 Paladin of the Sovereign Host (Dol Dorn) dedicated to the Longsword.

He plans to follow the way of the Kensei in addition to being a Knight of the Chalice.

He is travelling light, wearing plate mail he found in the Quickfoot hideout, carrying an ember longsword and a ring of waterbreathing from The Grotto.
    He sold some gems and other things and has a few hundred platinum pieces.
    He does not carry a shield, he defense is his blinding speed with his one handed sword.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031