Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Menace of the Underdark... hmm...
    So, what's everyone think about them tying Forgotten Realms into Eberron?
    Sounds like bloody thin "reasoning" to me! LOL
    I always thought it was one of the biggest mistakes Turbine made, creating Eberron instead of using the Forgotten Realms setting, for "DDO"

It was kinda like making a world with Jedi Knights and Light Sabers... but "It's not the star wars universe though.." it just seemed like it was too much expense/royalties or whatever to "afford" licensing of Forgotten Realms - but the value was in how familiar it was to everyone... ah well.. just one of my personal pet-peeves I guess

But to the point - Menace of the Underdark seems like a cheap fix to me, to correct a six year old mistake. Now we're going to have the "real Drow" and the Eberron Drow mixing it up? :P

I'm gonna play it... and I'm likely going to love it... but I certainly have some issues with the concept.

Which leads me to... are we going to take our group there?

Also, I'm now reading about a Neverwinter MMO for later this year too! Anyone know much about that?
    Sarlona: Moretisha Nightsmyth / Rhue Meridian / Elijah Darkreign

Quote Originally Posted by conorknoxx View Post
    Menace of the Underdark... hmm...
    So, what's everyone think about them tying Forgotten Realms into Eberron?
    Sounds like bloody thin "reasoning" to me! LOL
    I always thought it was one of the biggest mistakes Turbine made, creating Eberron instead of using the Forgotten Realms setting, for "DDO"

It was kinda like making a world with Jedi Knights and Light Sabers... but "It's not the star wars universe though.." it just seemed like it was too much expense/royalties or whatever to "afford" licensing of Forgotten Realms - but the value was in how familiar it was to everyone... ah well.. just one of my personal pet-peeves I guess

But to the point - Menace of the Underdark seems like a cheap fix to me, to correct a six year old mistake. Now we're going to have the "real Drow" and the Eberron Drow mixing it up? :P

I'm gonna play it... and I'm likely going to love it... but I certainly have some issues with the concept.

Which leads me to... are we going to take our group there?

Also, I'm now reading about a Neverwinter MMO for later this year too! Anyone know much about that?
    I think WOTC wanted an Eberron setting to push the new world, I was not really exicted about WF etc and still have not played one. I am happy we are getting to check out FR now even if the pretense is thin.
    I hope we take our group there, I have not done any of the U13 quests and it will be cool when we reach the level to check them out.

Maybe they will open a portal to Greyhawk next ? That would be cool. Of course Lolth is really from the Greyhawk world anyway, how did she get to FR?
    Last edited by noneill; 03-06-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: World not work
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Game Night Tonight !

Threnal South !

Game Night Tonight !

Finally finish Thernal!

Game Night Tonight !

Game Night Tonight !

Sorry about last week, but my hard drive failed, but I’m back up an running again with a new hard drive.

If you have not heard about a program called Acronis, then you should learn about it and get a copy. It is a life saver or rather a system saver. What it does, is it makes a mirrored copy of your current hard drive. It’s not just a back up of files, but an exact copy of everything on your hard drive: operating system, drivers, programs, files, desk top, e-mails, etc, Therefore, when you then install a new hard drive and you run the program and it takes that mirror image and applies it to the new hard drive. You now have your entire system back just the way it was before as of the date of your last mirrored back up. It’s a life savor and a tremendous time saver to boot. If you have ever had to rebuild up you system you know how much time it can take to format the hard drive, install the operating system and them add all of your programs and then replace your backed up files.

I was very lucky in that I was able to get my old hard drive on life support and was able make a fresh Mirror, so I lost no data at all.

See you all later tonight.
    Sarlona - Role Playing: Ardoon - Cleric-1/Fighter-1, Hieronymus - Pal-10, Perfideous - Rog-23, Torrak - Barb-9, Klauria - Sorc-8
    Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild: Marrcis – Ftr-20, Marrcus-Ftr-17, Destructer – Ftr-18, Kleban - Barb-17, Saraphinia - Rgr-11/Mon-2/Pal-3, Marcusta - Sorc-15, Torrak - Monk-12

Game Night Tonight !

So who had purchased the Menace of the Underdark so far?

If we all did we could use those tomes of learning but I will not read mine unless everyone else had one.

Also wondering about it because I think it would be fun to play in the Underdark when it comes out. I have the most fun doing new stuff with dedicated teams. We haven't had the chance to any new quests with this team but we did with the last one and it was always fun. I still have not done the U13 stuff. My main character is busy TR'ing and just got to 15 and I am doing all elite so it will be awhile before I get to the U13 quests. Since we are not bothering with the Elite thing anymore we should get to U13 pretty soon.

First, I have not purchased Menace of the Underdark as yet. I do intend to... spent some of my "game cash" on the new Witcher 2 recently instead, lol - which I've been kind of disappointed with (though I've not gotten far yet) So if everyone else wants to do this, I'll go ahead and buy it as well. I do look forward to "exploring" the new content with all of you!

As for "not doing elite anymore"... I'm not sure what to say about that. We were doing quests a bit below our level on elite, and it was going great... last one I believe was a level 14 quest - so elite is gonna be tough! ?

I kind of liked doing everything on elite really, but if we're doing higher level areas, I guess that's not an option. Unfortunately, I have VERY little experience with the quest areas above 12 - so I will happily follow along with the popular choice.

See you all tonight!
    Conor

I guess I should say we aren't going to worry about the elite streak. We will still try elite but let's not kill ourselves over it. I would imagine doing a lot on hard and not going down to normal until the vale or Amarth.

Game Night Tonight !

Hi all....
    looks like work is going to keep me from our game tonight

on a brighter note... I've rebuilt my computer with some cool new parts, and DDO is all reloaded, updated and ready to run!

See you all next week!
    Conor

Quote Originally Posted by conorknoxx View Post
    Hi all....
    looks like work is going to keep me from our game tonight

on a brighter note... I've rebuilt my computer with some cool new parts, and DDO is all reloaded, updated and ready to run!

See you all next week!
    Conor
    I hadn't posted my usual Game Night Tonight ! post because I was trying to figure out if I will be on time tonight. Most likely will be an hour late.

If Conor is out maybe just skip until next week? Anyone heard from Vanyen?

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    I hadn't posted my usual Game Night Tonight ! post because I was trying to figure out if I will be on time tonight. Most likely will be an hour late.

If Conor is out maybe just skip until next week? Anyone heard from Vanyen?
    I'll log on tonight and see whats up, but no problem if we take the night off.

**Argh, my wife has ambushed me with a work commitment and it looks like I'll be missing tonight as well**
    Last edited by AndrosCrotonus; 04-17-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Sarlona - Role Playing: Ardoon - Cleric-1/Fighter-1, Hieronymus - Pal-10, Perfideous - Rog-23, Torrak - Barb-9, Klauria - Sorc-8
    Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild: Marrcis – Ftr-20, Marrcus-Ftr-17, Destructer – Ftr-18, Kleban - Barb-17, Saraphinia - Rgr-11/Mon-2/Pal-3, Marcusta - Sorc-15, Torrak - Monk-12

Vanyen is fine and miss you all...

Sorry about last week, I was in a family trip without internet connection. This week i'll show up at time.

Just made it on.
    Vanyen was on but I missed him. Zimdar is on. Going to log off though. See you next week.

Game Night Tonight !

Game Night Tonight !

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will miss next Tuesday’s outing. I’ll be in Florida, Disney World, to attend SportClips annual owners meeting. I’ll be leaving this Saturday and returning next Thursday.

I'll see you all when I get back.

so... lately I've been thinking this "pale master" wasn't as good a class as I expected, and was even thinking about resetting enhancements, etc..
    Then I read a couple of forums on "how to play a PM"... which of course I was doing "all wrong" LOL
    So, I'm making a couple of changes to my spellbook, I'll be running in some kind of undead form most of the time and self healing (healing was one of my biggest issues with the undead forms... didn't realize "death aura" was about the same as a troll's regen! :P ) So Vanyen, hopefully this will even take some workload off your shoulders!
    I'll keep negative energy burst on tap for emergencies..

Also, I didn't notice when I got Pale Master II that there was a little drop-down / sub-menu in there for further necrotic spells, and that for some strange reason, I need flame manipulation 3 to unlock the blackbone series of summoned skellies (my old skelly friend was becoming pretty useless) which now I need 3 more points to unlock.

I'm looking forward to next week now!
    Oh, and Perfi.... remember when you're in Florida, in real-life pick-pocketing and making lewd gestures to any woman that you encounter, IS frowned upon! :P I think prodigious amounts of drinking is probably ok though, lol (which, when I think about it, probably makes the first 2 acceptable... ) Have fun buddy! we'll miss you!

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast