Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Community Member bandyman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,342

    Default Anyway to download High res without Pando??

    As the title states; I'd love a download of the high res client with no attachments to Pando. Anyone got a working link?
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26

    Question Major bump!

    I've been trying to download the high res client for over 9 hours now, still 27 more hours to go with Pando!

    All ports say open, nothing seems to be blocking it, I can download anything else almost from anywhere else and it flys...

    I have 20mbps cable internet... yet more often than not I see pando at 0 Bps ...
    When not 0, it's still a measurement of Bps, not Kbps or Mbls...

    For the love of pete can someone point me to a high res installer that is NOT Pando?

  3. #3
    Community Member whitehawk74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gondwana.
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Go here and get the file all in one go.
    http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/download-ddo
    Go to the File Planet version. It's the whole thing (almost). It will still require updating. I think it's a couple of gig. Very useful if your PC gets formatted.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

  4. #4
    Time Bandit & Hero SirShen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk74 View Post
    Go here and get the file all in one go.
    http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/download-ddo
    Go to the File Planet version. It's the whole thing (almost). It will still require updating. I think it's a couple of gig. Very useful if your PC gets formatted.
    File Planet is not high res version.
    To OP sadly no u have to use that pando downloader and then after make sure you get rid of it.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery kierg10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    i hate Pando media booster half the time it wont even work on my computer even after i set my firewall to allow the game its downloading, and yes i get rid of it but it automatically gets reinstalled when i want to download most games
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

  6. #6
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    i hate Pando media booster half the time it wont even work on my computer even after i set my firewall to allow the game its downloading, and yes i get rid of it but it automatically gets reinstalled when i want to download most games
    Not a fan of Pando myself, but I haven't had much of a problem with it. Are you using a software firewall?

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Yeah, Pando is garbage. Really no reason for a software development company like turbine to use a 3rd party app to provide their download client. Leaves a pretty gaping security hole if you ask me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  9. #9
    The Hatchery kierg10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    Not a fan of Pando myself, but I haven't had much of a problem with it. Are you using a software firewall?
    ya i have the free trial norton that came with my computer
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

  10. #10
    Hero Marcus-Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    ya i have the free trial norton that came with my computer
    Do you use a router? If so, in my experience software firewalls aren't really required unless you are on a network with other people you don't think can keep their computers clean. The only thing I like about software firewalls is they warn you about stuff happening on your computer. In the past, I've run into lots of connection and speed issues when running both a hardware and a software firewall at the same time. It's just another set of rules that can screw things up or get screwed up somehow. I had customers running software and hardware firewalls for a good length of time where the connection all of a sudden was so poor they could barely surf. Checking on the hardware firewall, making sure it was up and functioning, then removing the software firewall more often than not resolved the issues to the customers satisfaction.

  11. #11
    The Hatchery kierg10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    Do you use a router? If so, in my experience software firewalls aren't really required unless you are on a network with other people you don't think can keep their computers clean. The only thing I like about software firewalls is they warn you about stuff happening on your computer. In the past, I've run into lots of connection and speed issues when running both a hardware and a software firewall at the same time. It's just another set of rules that can screw things up or get screwed up somehow. I had customers running software and hardware firewalls for a good length of time where the connection all of a sudden was so poor they could barely surf. Checking on the hardware firewall, making sure it was up and functioning, then removing the software firewall more often than not resolved the issues to the customers satisfaction.
    actually i think i got it to work as stuff i am downloading has started to actually download but thankss for the advice
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

  12. #12
    Community Member whitehawk74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gondwana.
    Posts
    851

    Default

    The FilePlanet does contain the high and low res version.
    I am using it right now.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

  13. #13
    Community Member Elaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    Yeah, Pando is garbage. Really no reason for a software development company like turbine to use a 3rd party app to provide their download client. Leaves a pretty gaping security hole if you ask me...
    I agree, security isn't exactly their forte.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

  14. #14
    Community Member Sleepsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    Well Pando is junk but OP that is not why it would take so long I have garbage I-net and only takes about 4 hours... Look at your I-Net speed with a program like Speak easy speed tester.. Or some times you ISP has a speed test URL
    Sleeps

  15. #15
    Community Member bandyman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,342

    Default

    Um...my thread was started in March of this year.

    I used the file planet version, and to whoever said it wasn't; Yes. It is the high res version.
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

  16. #16
    Founder Hambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    3,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malric View Post
    I've been trying to download the high res client for over 9 hours now, still 27 more hours to go with Pando!

    All ports say open, nothing seems to be blocking it, I can download anything else almost from anywhere else and it flys...

    I have 20mbps cable internet... yet more often than not I see pando at 0 Bps ...
    When not 0, it's still a measurement of Bps, not Kbps or Mbls...

    For the love of pete can someone point me to a high res installer that is NOT Pando?
    It doesn't matter what your speed is... If another carrier between you and Turbine has a problem and drops down to 56Kbps (rare but still possible) then your download speed is 56Kbps.

    The total throughput of a datalink is no faster than it's slowest segment.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

  17. #17
    Community Member Elaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bandyman1 View Post
    Um...my thread was started in March of this year.

    I used the file planet version, and to whoever said it wasn't; Yes. It is the high res version.
    That's why it's wise to post whether or not, and how, your issue was resolved in threads such as these.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

  18. #18
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bandyman1 View Post
    I used the file planet version, and to whoever said it wasn't; Yes. It is the high res version.
    That would be Turbine. Fileplanet link from their page says it is not the high res version.

  19. #19
    Community Member bandyman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    That would be Turbine. Fileplanet link from their page says it is not the high res version.
    Lol, that figures .

    If >50% of what Turbine posts proved to be fact, most of us that have been here since the beginning would probably die of shock .
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

  20. #20
    Community Member bandyman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    That's why it's wise to post whether or not, and how, your issue was resolved in threads such as these.
    Why???

    This thread was created in March.

    And it never saw a single reply until yesterday.
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload