Community Member
    crafting shard lookup: http://www.eth0s.com/cannith/

Default untyped "damage bonus" stacking

I see an untyped "damage bonus" on several items and would like to know if anyone can tell me how they stack

1. bold trinket +1 damage
    2. claw set +2 damage / epic claw set +4 damage
    3. sora kell set +2 damage
    4. frenzied berzerker set +2 damage
    5. wind howler bracers +1 damage when using ranged weapons (does not show up on character sheet)
    6. monk past life passive feat +1 melee damage
    7. ranger past life passive feat +2 ranged damage

In my limited testing bold trinket appears to stack with bard song, I dont have the other sets to test

wind howler does not show up on char sheet but I haven't arena tested whether the bonus works or not, the vorpal proc definitely works

1. bold trinket +1 damage

Bold Trinket is a competence bonus. Says so right on the description. Inspire Courage is a Morale bonus. The Bold trinket, as such, won't stack with the Hobgoblin Guild Ship buff (+2 damage, competence).

2. claw set +2 damage / epic claw set +4 damage

Stacks

3. sora kell set +2 damage

Haven't used it.

4. frenzied berzerker set +2 damage

Stacks.

5. wind howler bracers +1 damage when using ranged weapons (does not show up on character sheet)

Haven't used it.

6. monk past life passive feat +1 melee damage

Stacks

7. ranger past life passive feat +2 ranged damage

Stacks

Quote Originally Posted by quityourjobs View Post
    Bold Trinket is a competence bonus. Says so right on the description. Inspire Courage is a Morale bonus. The Bold trinket, as such, won't stack with the Hobgoblin Guild Ship buff (+2 damage, competence).
    I think that guild ship bonus (+2 dmg) stacks even with other competence bonus from item.

Similarly all 3 armor bonuses from guild ship (each giving +1 natural armor) stack with any armor bonus, even with natural armor bonus from item (for example, it indeed stacks with Chimera's Crown, i.e. totally giving +4 to armor).

I think that those stacking bonuses from guild ship should be renamed to "guild bonus" or other.

Since Elemental Resistance bonus from guild ship doesn't stack then it shouldn't be renamed.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 03-10-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    I think that guild ship bonus (+2 dmg) stacks even with other competence bonus from item.

Similarly all 3 armor bonuses from guild ship (each giving +1 natural armor) stack with any armor bonus, even with natural armor bonus from item (for example, it indeed stacks with Chimera's Crown, i.e. totally giving +4 to armor).

I think that those stacking bonuses from guild ship should be renamed to "guild bonus" or other.

Since Elemental Resistance bonus from guild ship doesn't stack then it shouldn't be renamed.
    The Bold trinket +1 damage (competence) doesn't stack with Guild ship bonus, as would be expected. The only stacking competence buff (that I'm aware of atm) is the Bard Inspire Competence song, which stacks with everything.

Likewise, the Kobold +1 profane to-hit bonus doesn't stack with Litany Profane bonus.

No it doesn't make sense, yes it's confusing, but that's how it works in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by quityourjobs View Post
    The Bold trinket +1 damage (competence) doesn't stack with Guild ship bonus, as would be expected. The only stacking competence buff (that I'm aware of atm) is the Bard Inspire Competence song, which stacks with everything.
    Ok, thanks, I have updated wiki.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member

this is kinda noobish but is there any way i can check if an üntype"damage is really happening?