Threaded View

Cool Easy way to create your own custom UI skin!

---UPDATE (7/10/2012)---

THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN HALTED UNTIL A NEW ART ASSET PACK IS PROVIDED FOR ME TO WORK WITH.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I thought of making my own UI skin, I disliked how all of the files were clumped into just one folder. So I went ahead and looked at all of the .tga images and placed them in folders pertaining as to what category they are in. Most of the images were either outdated or weren't even used in the game anymore. A ton of images were also very small (small as in 5x5 pixels at the largest) which would make it a nightmare for any person that wanted to make their own customized user interface skin for DDO.

Therefore, I took only choice .tga files and grouped them in separate organized folders so that it would be much easier to find the images I want to edit in the future. After I finished the strenuous project (and believe me sorting through thousands of files isn't exactly fun ), I thought that perhaps I would share this organized version with the community. If you would like to download the organized pack I put together, the download link is below. Also, I recommended using GIMP in editing the images, though any image editor that can handle transparency should work just fine.

---UPDATE (3/10/2012)---
    While I have retrieved the most recent UI Art Asset pack, I went through and re-organized everything since a bunch of new images were added since the time I first started this thread.

*Compacted .zip file containing only the necessary images.
    *GIMP

If you have any questions, you can leave a post in this thread or send me a PM and I will try my best to answer it.

Some examples of what you can modify:
    * Hotbars
    * Health gauge
    * Character sheet interface
    * Inventory interface
    * Character lfm icons
    * Mailbox icons

Tutorial 1 - Custom DDO UI Skins
    *The tutorial may be outdated; I plan on making more tutorials at some point in time*
    Last edited by Quarterling; 07-10-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.