Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Xachosian is spelled with an X.

Power Drain and Yugoloth Pots don't stack and in fact I believe Yugo Pots over ride Power Drain and give less SP.

This is great. Excellent post!

Zradien; Evoker Searym; AA Tohmes; Elementalist Tyranitar; DPS Lohst; Tank and many others.
    #Solid# - Binding is for pansies.

One Xachosian spelled correctly, one incorrectly, fixed.

Power Drain and Yugoloth Pots don't stack
    Correct, but Xachosian Larva and Yugo INT pot do stack. Takes some time to get them both to tick at the same time though.

I believe Yugo Pots over ride Power Drain and give less SP.
    Incorrect, power drain supercedes the Yugo pot for the 1 minute and 6 seconds it runs, after that the Yugo pot starts up.

Edited original post as well to add the stacking/non stacking from above.

Updated to fix a few things, add new items and add to some descriptions.

Default minimum level?

Would be nice to include the minimum level of the mentioned sp regen items.

good info.
    Vyking FvS | Spectron Sorc | Khant Wiz Completionist | Drower Bard | Squasher Ftr | xPando Monk
    ------ Leader of Easy Raiders Guild ------

Might want to mention that Echoes of Power only works on characters with the feat Magical Training (unless they changed it while I was on break).

Last I checked, not all characters with blue bars get it- Like, Rangers did not at last look.

Good guide!
    Pallai, Saraphima, Chennai
    Ascent, Argo
    No fancy formatting for you!

Might want to mention that Echoes of Power only works on characters with the feat Magical Training (unless they changed it while I was on break).
    Done.

Updated guide for U16 and Epic Destinies. Not many changes.

The Draught of Sparkling Apple Cider was not able to be fully tested. If someone has better testing data please feel free to share with screenshots if possible.

I don't see destiny abilities anywhere, and I know there are some

I have tested the fatesinger things here, not anything from the other destinies though.

-Exalted Angel's tier 1 Endless Faith makes Echoes of Power restore to 18/24/30 SP (for tier 1/2/3). I'm not sure if it grants Echoes to a class that normally doesn't have it.

-Fatesinger's Fragment of the Song Clarity adds 20/40 (tier 1/2) temporary SP to the person who plays it for 4 minutes. Those 4 minutes can't be extended by anything that boosts song length. (The description might say 15/30 SP but I can confirm it really is 20/40)

-No fatesinger songs seem to trigger the Spellsinger burst. Inspire Excellence does though.

-Exalted Angel's level 5 autogrant says there is a "chance" to get some (idk how many) temporary SP when you cast a light damage spell (not sure if it has to hit). Probably something you'll want to test.

-Draconic Hunger gives a 10% chance to gain 15 temporary SP when you kill an enemy (50% if Draconic Fury is active)

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If you're including temp SPs in your list, you should add the two druid abilities, Essence of the Shrike (+10/20 temp SPs on crit hits while in wolf form) and Essence of the Turtle (5% chance of +10/20 temp SPs when hit while in bear form).

There's a few changes I'm waiting for confirmation for right now. We don't know if they were done by accident or on purpose. Once a dev posts I'll update.

Default Magical Training, etc.

Per ddowiki: "The Magical Training feat is granted to Artificers, Clerics, Druids, Favored Souls, Wizards, and Sorcerers at level 1."

Conspicuously missing: bards, paladins, rangers.

The dev logic behind this is that, well, those classes didn't receive magical training...but I'd think most would argue that bards really should get it anyway. I personally don't see how bards wouldn't receive magical training considering they are the only class that can innately cast "divine" and "arcane" spells (though I think they are typed arcane for mechanics of spell failure). Moreover, artificers have the same level 6 spell level cap, and though they obviously know quite a bit about magic, I still don't think they would know significantly more about magic than a bard casting Summon Monster VI, Charm Monster Mass, etc.

But I digress.

@Endless Faith T1 Exalted Angel, it does indeed grant Echoes of Power to those that don't have it, and thus is an excellent twist for those bards, paladins, and rangers that regularly empty their blue bar. Of course, R3 which pushes Echoes' benefit to 30 SP in addition to the +10% SP is a good twist for most blue bars regardless of their having Magical Training already.

Per Update 17, "The Magical Training feat is now a trainable feat. It can be taken to receive +80 Spell Points and to gain Echoes of Power. It is still automatically granted by Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Favored Soul, Sorcerer, or Wizard level one."

For bards, paladins, and rangers, particularly those that are multiclassed and/or find themselves with extra feats, Magical Training is now a considerably more competitive feat with Mental Toughness, though the latter does open up iMental Toughness and eMental Toughness as well as fulfills the requirement for Arcane Archer. Hopefully the enhancement pass considers Magical Training as an acceptable prerequisite too but I doubt they'll delve into that detail.
    Character Compendium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12