Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    From what I can tell, I'll be switching the order from Nx6/H/E to E/Nx5/H. Unless I am mistaken, the change will allow me to get the same exp while dropping one repeat per quest (still a drop in grind of 10-15% on average, I'll take it heh). I can't wait for the first time on elite run through shadowcrypt that earns 40k+ in 6mins! heh.

Note that doing lots of different elite quests will still likely be less efficient because window farming drastically reduces the time wasted between quests. Especially once you get past lvl 13 as those quests almost all have very long walks through explorer zones to get there.
    Hitting the window on Chains of Flame isn't quite like turning in Eye of the Titan and then hitting the tavern ...

BTW ... update your sig ;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    From what I can tell, I'll be switching the order from Nx6/H/E to E/Nx5/H. Unless I am mistaken, the change will allow me to get the same exp while dropping one repeat per quest (still a drop in grind of 10-15% on average, I'll take it heh). I can't wait for the first time on elite run through shadowcrypt that earns 40k+ in 6mins! heh.

Note that doing lots of different elite quests will still likely be less efficient because window farming drastically reduces the time wasted between quests. Especially once you get past lvl 13 as those quests almost all have very long walks through explorer zones to get there.
    Couldnt you do e/h (maintaining bravery bonus) then wrap up n*x runs?
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Once you do a quest once, it no longer counts towards your bravery bonus...

So he'll want to do every quest on elite first, then he can do the subsequent runs in any order he likes without affecting the bravery bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    As thrud said, (from what I understand) bravery bonus is only the first run ever on a quest, and once you do it once the quest can be farmed on any diff without affecting your streak at all. Since the majority of quests are faster farms on normal, it just makes sense to go elite once (for bravery/streak), then farm on normal x times (fastest xp/min), then hard (resets repeat penalties). If you do E, H, then Nx6, the you lose the equivalent of 10% exp per normal run.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

Thanks for posting this Lithic.

I'm working on my 5th life with a semi-static group. Life number four took us about 5 months to cap. We took the flower-sniffing max favor route and enjoyed ourselves, but a few of us were not looking forward to the long, slow climb back to 20. In an effort to shake things up, we started using your path (with a few adjustments) around level 2. Here's the comparison in time spent:
    Code:
    Days to Reach Level:
    Level  4th TR   5th TR
      2        0        0
      3        0        0
      4        2        1
      5        4        6
      6        7        6
      7       10        7
      8       23        7
      9       32        9
     10       35        
     11       47        
     12       52        
     13       62        
     14       71        
     15       82        
     16       94        
     17      121        
     18      136        
     19      147        
     20      156
    So we are roughly 3 weeks ahead of where we were last life. We are enjoying ourselves tremendously, and it has breathed new life into our group.

Thanks!

Ink

Community Member

What does 'including back end' mean for litany of the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by wootvenu View Post
    What does 'including back end' mean for litany of the dead?
    Some people just run that quest until they answer the dragon's riddles. Others will run the optionals after that every time.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    Some people just run that quest until they answer the dragon's riddles. Others will run the optionals after that every time.
    thanks

Bravery bonus? Something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzly_Bear View Post
    Bravery bonus? Something new?
    Ya, new bonus that's on lammania right now.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    Share and Enjoy!

I highly recommend doing the optionals here.

They aren't as much XP/min as the main quest, but they will flag you for Abbot (which you can then run 2-3 times as you level), have some loot that is still very valuable, and the first 3 times you do a specific optional it's worth ~6000 XP.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

They aren't as much XP/min as the main quest, but they will flag you for Abbot (which you can then run 2-3 times as you level), have some loot that is still very valuable, and the first 3 times you do a specific optional it's worth ~6000 XP.
    Yes, but the grinding experts run that more than the number of times to flag so they don't need to to the end part on all of them

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

I need to cap asap and tr again. Also, ill be running with xp pot for litany. May be i can afford running 1 run since i am missing couple pages.

Ya, new bonus that's on lammania right now.
    How does it work?

How does it work?
    Beats me. It's on lammania. Check out the lammania forums perhaps...
    Share and Enjoy!

How does it work?
    Um… welcome back… from under your rock?

Look for all of MadFloyd’s posts in this thread. But this post should give you a good starting point.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

I searched for a while but found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Odd place to find the description, but I feel better about not being able to find it now . Intriguing. I wonder if it applies to all xp for that run or only base xp. Doesn't sound worth it unless you: 1) are VIP or have an opener for everything; 2) use it constantly as to not break the streak; and 3) have a reasonably competent running group. I definitely approve of increasing available xp without making it too easy to acquire though. I think I like it. But I also think I won't use it much. The levels it really counts (15+) are generally a pain to run on elite.

Default What kind of party is doing this?

For many of the quests listed, I'm not seeing how you can achieve 1000xp/min. You'd have to be completing the 1kxp quests in One Minute? and the 2kxp quests in 2minutes? Even the 5kxp quests in 5 minutes seems impossible to me. I don't doubt you, I'd just like to know what kind of party you'd need to be able to do this? I'd sure like to lvl my new monk more quickly than the snail's pace I've been at with my ranger, and I'm surely going to try to follow the list where possible (don't own all packs, substituting other stuff where necessary), but I don't know how I can even come CLOSE to that xp rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

How does it work?
    From what I've tested you get a bonus for running a quest on hard or elite the first time through in addition to the standard 25% and 50% respectively. Now the differences here are that if you run/farm a quest on normal first you do not get the bonus. Your first time through must be on the higher difficulty levels. In addition, if you continue to run quests on hard/elite the game keeps track and your bravery bonuses increase.

If I remember correctly you start out at either 5 or 10% and that value increases as you move along. I'm not sure of the mechanic of how much it increases each time and if there is a cap, however, when I was leveling my Artificer I did receive a bravery bonus of about 40% or so and I was just running quests on hard. I would think that it keeps track of elite versus hard separately but again I did not check or confirm this.

This is going to add a whole new dynamic to farming for xp. I can see starting on hard for the 6+ runs, then running your normal, elite, casual for the first time bonuses. Heck some people may even decide to farm on elite just for the added the bravery bonus. I think Veteran status starts and Korthos elite runs may be the way to get a very nice boots before hitting the harbor.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    For many of the quests listed, I'm not seeing how you can achieve 1000xp/min. You'd have to be completing the 1kxp quests in One Minute? and the 2kxp quests in 2minutes? Even the 5kxp quests in 5 minutes seems impossible to me. I don't doubt you, I'd just like to know what kind of party you'd need to be able to do this? I'd sure like to lvl my new monk more quickly than the snail's pace I've been at with my ranger, and I'm surely going to try to follow the list where possible (don't own all packs, substituting other stuff where necessary), but I don't know how I can even come CLOSE to that xp rate.

I will answer as best I can - but defer to many others as to group composition and true life speed.

These quests are run in groups - usually at least 3-4. The quests are selected as they have either high base XP or optionals that stack up fast OR both. The groups run into the quest and know exactly what their individual objectives are and where required will split up and handle entire sections of a quest on their own. Ie. Waterworks - 1 guy will go east to get Arlos, one guy will go swimming to get the undead - one guy will go west to get the secret doors, and two optionals in that direction. Everyone is Running fast and hard - often using the gather and kill techniques rather than kiling one at a time. This allows that quest to be finished in under 4 minutes by the group - solo the same quest would take you 10-15 if you hit all the optionals.

Some quests you keep together running to gather agro and mobs - get to green or yellow alert then at designated pinch points dump some AOEs to clean up the trash. Example, Ghosts of Perdition - Just enter and 2-3 quick buffs - the sprint to the first door - drop some AOE's (Blade Barrier, Firewall etc..) and keep running - get to the brothers - drops some DOT's on the first brother - one guy stays behind to finish him (if required) the rest charge to second brother to wipe him out. On to next room - kite to door - drop AOE's go to each imprisoned spirit - drop AOE wait at shrine - with AOE's when spirits dead - quick shrine - talk to Cholly drop and DOT/Blast/Heal on Cholly all the way down. Done in 6minutes for 10k+ XP even on elite with a good group - solo Sorcs/Wizzies could likely do the same but a melee focused player would have a hard time getting it done in that time frame.

I think though that the average player can look at this list as the highest XP reward. No matter what your pace of play, you will level faster doing these quests in the NNNNNHE (or other multi-run) pattern versus running a bunch of other random quests. Is it required - no - is it a grind - yes. And for a first life/newer player I wouldn't recommend it since you miss out on a lot of other stuff in the game that is either back story related OR just more fun/interesting.

Also this implies window-farming quests so you can run it repeatedly without the overhead of running back to the questgiver to rerun it. Overhead on the XP/min calculations is usually ignored but in groups banging out quests it is usually planned to run X quest to XP ransack then ship/sell/repair and move on to the next. I just ran through this pattern for the Necro IV quests - GoP, Fleshmakers and Temple of Vol run just NHHHHHE produced somewhere around 200k xp including overhead in about 2.5hrs of play time.
    Last edited by Spoonwelder; 08-22-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast