Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Wait. By "thing"are you refering to content or bugs?

Classic post. Should definitely be in the hall of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post

Every new thins brings bugs, no matter that the bugs in the old thing go away, since the old bugs were better. The new bugs are bad, because they are new, and i cant exploit them. All bugs should go, unless they are old bugs i can exploit.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

And the thread shall RISE

Community Member

well with how quickly this classic thread got buried,people seem to think that the current new thing is redefineing bad

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post

A true oversight. Corrected!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

I thinks its funny how the New Thing keeps picking on monks.

Community Member

Default The New Thing Flow Chart

Do you like the New Thing? -----> Yes ----> You're a Turbine Fanboi, Loser

|
    |
    |
    |
    \/

No

|
    |
    |
    |
    \/

Would you like some cheese
    with your whine, Loser?

Quote Originally Posted by IMaraudU View Post
    I thinks its funny how the New Thing keeps picking on monks.
    You think that's bad, you should see what the wild THINGs do........................

Marshland Hunter - Tonka - Merack - Mockery - Taralack Veed - Minastir - of Thelanis

Angry raisty is not happy

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanAndAScholar View Post
    OP, take it easy, man. I'm aware that you're not a fan of the New Thing, but you need to see it from Turbine's business perspective. The Old Thing, while it was closer to PnP rules, it didn't really have a place in DDO:EU. Stick around for a little bit, you'll see that you'll forget that the New Thing is even there after couple months. Personally I think you're just blowing off steam about the New Thing, but think how many times didn't you curse the Old Thing because it didn't do exactly what you thought it was supposed to do.

i disagree. i have several PALADINS. i have spent 4 YEARS gearing them tring some.. getting moar xp.. farming moar.. ed farm.. moar gear bc the new thing made the old thing not new anymore and subsequently all my old things were not new and moar shinies is the #1 rule. so now all that work and time just got eaten by a legendary unique variant of a tarrasque and shat out on horoths plate while kobolds ran around yelling INFERNO! INFERNO!. meanwhile jeets was stealing all my citw relics and comms so after 10 runs with jack shizzle the raid shall die and fizzle, i decided EE FoT was better. up to 34 comps now on thelanis with guild. elminster was out on a date with the mistress of magic so he couldnt do anything but tp in to the end and pretend he helped out. after which coyle and arlos could be seen trying to make bacon into peanutbutter and vice versa. with no luck bc they didnt have the new old thing that was known as +5 shards of HOLY CRUD *** DID YOU DO TO MY PALADINS! so in memoriam lets all please have a moment of silence for the balance build paladin and say hello to the new thing(forced S&B palli) which hath replaced the old thing which we shall whine and complain about then accept because you really dont have a choice, so eat it and like it . if not you shall get moar new things which make the current thing the old thing. which i liked and had spent 2 years getting to know and now it just got sent to a foster home that has no a/c in the desert. turbines new motto? ALL YOUR BACON IS BELONG TO US! now give us moar money so we can release moar bugs to ban you for exploiting..although i have heard that they upgraded from hamsters to guinea pigs so thats good.

Red face Tanstaafl

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    If you left WoW for this, you've obtained "better".
    you sir deserve rep.. but im all out .. amen to that^

Bad news...
    While trying to fix a bug in the new thing I may have accidentally deleted the old thing. Yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Bad news...
    While trying to fix a bug in the new thing I may have accidentally deleted the old thing. Yikes...
    Ahah! That explains the mysterious <String table error> Item in my shared bank!!!!!
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!

So are we ever gonna get a newer thing like the old thing?

Hey devs, I fully expect you to have backups of the old thing. Can't you just restore them over the top of the new thing?

When the old thing is back, let me know so I can check - it's been so long since I used it that I probably won't remember it, as the new thing has been around for so long now, and even though I'm finally uber at it, and I can barely remember what the old thing did any more, it's still an important thing that we need and should never have been changed.

Plsplsplspls fixit proper to the old thing.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Time Bandit
    2015 DDO Players Council

I never liked the old thing in the first place.

Bring back the even older thing !!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    And the thread shall RISE
    Damn, I just snorted hot chocolate through my nose. Well played sir. I'd +1 you but since I started at page 1 I have long since run out of kudos to hand out for the day. XD

Down with the New Thing! My Old Thing item has long since lost value and my Dragonmarked Halfling Monk (tm) is only slightly more OP now. I completely hate the New Thing!
    Caution: Rabid Shampoo Fan. Interaction at personal risk. :3
    Toons (Ghallanda): Lemau d'Jorasco (Mnk20E2TR2), Alitrania (Wiz20), Gracethyra d'Cannith (Art20TR1), Merilidoc (Rog5Rng13Art2TR7 - Completionist that never ends), Shampoofan (Rog5Mnk4Drd8)

This thing, is not new:
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Bad news...
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    This thing, is not new:
    Actually in which state versus new Thing and old Thing are we?

I mean did Melange delete the old Thing that was yesterday the new Thing, or an even older Thing that was already old before yesterdays Thing became new, I mean old, I mean... dazzled ... I guess I will have to look forward for an even newer Thing ...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Default A casaul player

As I am a casual player....

I find the new thing not much to my liking.. I liked the old thing even as I grief about the old thing..

Playing free does not mean that I should not have any opinion. Dev bring back the old thing NOW! Or I just might have to sub.. Then watch out I might even join a guild.. Do raids.. Is that still possible??

Ok lets not get crazy.. No raids.. maybe

But, really, I want the old thing back.. I have toons that go back at least a year or three. I have diligently grinded out in the odd moments when I actually could geek out for an hour or so. All to get a few more XP. Lonely times I tell you. No mates by my side. But I did it. To achieve a 7th level thief in under two years. This new thing must end.. Bring back the old thing.. Or I will Sub.. You Have Been Warned.....

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

I don't care much for the New Thing... It hurts!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast