Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Also don't forget if the new thing isn't changed back to the old thing many, many people will quit. Not because I have sampled a significant portion of the game popluace but because I just don't like the new thing.

And when all those people quit because of the new thing the game will die and you will lose your job and go to H E double hockey sticks when you die.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Guys, can anyone tell me how to activate this new thing? Is it f2p? Kthxsharehjealz.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Typically turbine and their devs!!!

I worked so hard to build my toon around the new thing. I ransacked chest after chest after chest to get the new thing. With the new thing, I was able to solo almost every quest and raid.

Now you nerf the new thing AND the old thing for no good reason.

BAH!!

Soon you'll blame the New thing for dungeon alert and lag too.

/ragequit

Beyond the new thing being over powered it's also destroying the economy. People are cheating and making lots of plats selling the new thing to new players. This will cause the new players to lose money and the rich old players to get richer. It's much more expensive than that other thing and is causing prices in the AH to go up to even more insane prices because the old thing isn't as valuable.

It also makes all people who use the new thing utterly gimped because their thing isn't as good as the thing that went before. Now they need more things to meet the criteria of the uber elite who play with their things regularly...
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

I just don't know why they didn't make the new thing BTC and not very durable so you'd have to do all the adamantium rituals to it?

Wouldn't it be WAI then?

this is amazeballs!

+1 to filmsy for being awesome
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Exclamation

This thread is win.

I came to the thread pretty late and I'm not gonna read the majority of the posts, but I'm going to make a categorical claim for which I have no basis for and completely out of the context of the thread and solely based on my cognitive bias (and a few keywords that jumped at me from OP).
    Coldflame | Toord and many horrible experiments.
    True Join Date: Circa mid 2007. Still a noob. My simple forum rules: http://pastebin.com/ftE2V1GG

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeblood View Post
    didn't your mama warn you that you would go blind if you pulled it too much?
    No worries on that guys, there are blindness removal potions available. If I were you I'd be more concerned about hairy palms... no cure for that except a home waxing kit or spa visit, painful or costly your choice. Luckily, I'm not you... and there are no old adages to give me anything about which to worry. =)

So I just previewed the new thing at the cost of 1 Turbine point and I don't like it. No sir, not one bit. I hate the old thing too. As a matter of fact I hate everything about the way this thing was introduced and applied to our current thing. I wish they would just cube the entire thing and start all over. Turbine seems to think anything is better than nothing. That's it, I don't feel like talking about this thing anymore. Good day to you suh. I said good day!
    Last edited by Grobal; 03-04-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Member of "The Madborn" on Thelanis
    Admeeral - Intimarogue- HOT! BrunoJay - Assassin & hopeless romantic TheDukeBeast Wellington of Yorc FVS w/ettiquette Starlow Ryder - Paladin Smiter of all things evil or different Chucklez Swayze HorcBarb ladiesman Coronado Cleric Conquistador

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanAndAScholar View Post
    I came to the thread pretty late and I'm not gonna read the majority of the posts, but I'm going to make a categorical claim for which I have no basis for and completely out of the context of the thread and solely based on my cognitive bias (and a few keywords that jumped at me from OP).
    -ve rep for an obvious troll.

If you are not prepared to read a thing about the new thing and even less about the old thing then you have nothing to say about anything and so must be trolling amd therefore by ochams razor which is another thing I don't understand but often use to prove how right I am you must actually be a troll thing.

Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by SlogUK View Post
    Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
    2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
    3: It is different.
    4: It is not the same as it was before.
    5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
    6: It is new.
    7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.
    +1

I always enjoy a good satirical rant.

I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime.
    This reminded me of a snippet from my favorite show..

Tom2: "Why Mike, don't you remember that fun thing we did together that was so fun?"
    Mike: "Oh yeah, I remember, that was great <chuckles>"
    Tom1: "Wait, what about that fun thing WE did together that one time?"
    Mike: "...No, I don't remember that..<confused>"

While you're in the nerfing mood, I demand a nerf of the nerfs that you're about to implement, as well as nerfing all the nerfers by nerfing their nerfbats (you just can't see how terribly, game-breakingly OP those things are from your palacial penthouse cubicle!)
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.
    +1 for a true masterpiece of sarcastic wit... BTW has anyone seen my snorkel? I'm drowning in the sarcasm.

Not that I am as dramatic as most people about it. It does truly suck that the best epic gear which was damn near impossible to get that many people worked for months on, well stuff that came close to that level of greatness was achievable with a 5 day commitment by people brand new to the game.

To even things out they should fix the drop rates for the rest of epic content. After all I have been running the desert since it came out on epic and still can not make some of the items from there, yet I have 2 of everything from the new event.

Is it game breaking...nope, just annoying.
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

The New Thing...It's needs nerfing.

The Old Thing...I miss it.

Get on that.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    Not that I am as dramatic as most people about it. It does truly suck that the best epic gear which was damn near impossible to get that many people worked for months on, well stuff that came close to that level of greatness was achievable with a 5 day commitment by people brand new to the game.

To even things out they should fix the drop rates for the rest of epic content. After all I have been running the desert since it came out on epic and still can not make some of the items from there, yet I have 2 of everything from the new event.

Is it game breaking...nope, just annoying.
    -roll for a sarcasm check DC 15

/roll d20 -5 (15-5) 10

/sarcasm check fail

But what about the original thing? The one that came before the new thing AND the old thing. I'm still uber ninja master of that, but noooooooo all everyone cares about is the new thing and the old thing now. And I'm gimped for using the original thing.
    PEOPLE ARE SO HARSH!!!! *sob*
    Sarlona ~ Lrenaj Mornaur ♦ Lrel Jayden ♦ WeepingAngel

Default concerned

I believe that we need to watch our things so they do not hold a thing convention and become thingies, because thingies may cause things to do things which would cause other things and make new things, then we would get more nerfed thingies and I like my thing un-thinged and un-nerfed cause I am the only one allowed to make thingies.

Default Confirmation

Can we please have Eladrin (or whichever dev is taking his job during plague, snowblowing and child-rearing - his last myDdo statuses) clear up the exact intricacies between the old thing and the new thing? AND... possibly have Fernando chime in on the NEWER THING coming later that will make the old and new thing look like things we never even needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

/signed

New thing is bad. Remove it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast