Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

a timeless thread

Community Member

This New Thing Is Bad It Made Me Think And Gave Me A Headache Nerf It Naow!

I just wish they had told us about the new way of getting the new thing before they put it in.

The new thing is good, but not hearing about the new thing from a dev makes me angry.

Can the next new thing not be like this new thing? I like to know about new things before they become REALLY new things.

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by SlogUK View Post
    Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
    2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
    3: It is different.
    4: It is not the same as it was before.
    5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
    6: It is new.
    7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.
    Why does this remind me of the This and That Jerry and Elaine talk? :P
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

some of these new things that are old things are really bad. many old things that were gone are back as new things that are worse than the old things .maybe when they fix the old bad things that came back as new bad things the other new things will look extra shiny

Default I summon thee New Thing Thread!

Time to raise the thread, after reading all that cry and complaining.

Why it just have to happen every time? First, people wait the new patch in anticipation. When it's launched, there is always a certain amount of people who complain. Soon we start to wait for the next patch, so we can complain about it, too... of course after it is launched...

*sigh*

Anyway, welcome back "This New Thing - It is bad!".

Community Member

Default Thing1 and thing2 or ThingA and B if you like

Now these things which you name.

"(You will see something new.
    Two things. And I call them
    Thing One and Thing Two.)" -Cat in the Hat

No, these things are not bad things.
    These things are good things!

"(These Things will not bite you.
    They want to have fun."
    Then, out of the box
    Came Thing Two and Thing One!
    And they ran to us fast.
    They said. "How do you do?
    Would you like to shake hands
    With Thing One and Thing Two?")"-Cat in the Hat

So have no fear of this these things my dear.
    These things will be fun.
    who go by the name.
    of Thing 2 and Thing 1.

I couldn't resist.

Community Member

Why is this thread not in the Hall of Fame?

Tomorrow the new thing will be the old thing and we will mourn the loss of the old thing as we condemn the new thing once again.

Community Member

This new thing is so bad it makes the old bad things seem like like good things

Community Member

This thread needs to be in the hall of fame.

As for the New New Thing, it's so much worse than the Old New/ New Old Thing than it makes me want to barf and pray to Gygax for the Old Old Thing. Those of you who love the New Old Thing and swear by it never realize how bad you had it.

[IMG]Cliched wizard with pointy hat doing something in/near a graveyard accompanied by text that is neither funny nor clever but is laid out in a fashion reminiscent of a motivational poster and therefore will make you chuckle anyway[/IMG]

I work in the computer industry in some capacity where I hold a totally vague and ambiguous title; therefore, I am an unequalled expert on all things technical and anything I say should be taken as concrete fact.

I do not want this New Thing because it is taking development time and resources away from Another Thing. Even though anyone who actually knows anything about video game development would know that these two things are completely unrelated and likely even presided over by different departments with their own separate budgets, I refer you again to my ambiguous title and unequalled expertness.
    Last edited by Expalphalog; 03-28-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Having taken an extended gamebreak I am playing again and I just took the time to read all the responses to this thread. Honestly you people have made me laugh SO MUCH and SO HARD for SO LONG that I am not sure if I will ever be able to think straight again EVER.

Damn this community is awesome.
    It's a game. GAME! Only a game. say it with me now - GAME. There. That's better.

Can someone EXPLAIN me well THE REASON why they continually nerf, change, suppress, reduce, block
    this game ?

the most frustrating, hate, horrid, annyoing thing that a developer can do is what they do every time: to block the player.

why they didn't fix other important things instead of doing this silly nerfing ?

very very disappointed and shocked

I love this thread. So true, particularly now.

Community Member TheHolyDarkness's Avatar

Frankly, I can't stand this next thing.

Or the old thing either!

I want Another Thing or I'm out.

~TheHolyDarkness Out on Protest, Until I Get My Things~
    "A man can remake the entire world, if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

/death to New Thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

necroed because this thread is eternally awesome ....and there have been new things added and old things have changed...auuggghhhh
    Last edited by 9Crows; 03-16-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Didnt everybody teel the devs on lam that the new thing is bad, because the old thing was awesome, even if nobody did the old thing. But it was so much better than the new thing that noone will do, because it was the old thing.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

The problem with the new thing is that there are things that aren't WAI, with the old thing there ware things that aren't WAI either, but we already learned ourselves how to exploit em. And with the new thing, the old thing can't be exploited anymore, while the new thing didn't give us obvious exploits. Maybe there are, but we'll still have to seek em.
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast