Default 12 fighter/ 8 monk?

I've seen several of these running around on G land, and was considering tr'ing my dex based halfling monk into one of these. The benefits I see is some massive str in fire stance and nice stunning blow dcs. Anyone got a link to one of em, or am I gonna have to just go with it?

...dex-based godhand? I don't understand.

Here's the thread you want: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=228369

There may be more recent incarnations; I have not kept track.

Cheers,
    Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by kernal42 View Post
    ...dex-based godhand? I don't understand.

Here's the thread you want: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=228369

There may be more recent incarnations; I have not kept track.

Cheers,
    Kernal
    No, I said tring my dex based monk into a str based 12/8, sorry for the mix up

Oh! Very good. I now approve of this thread

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
    massive str in fire stance
    Offhand I'd guess you'd want Wind stance 99% of the time; 5% double-strike (and +10% attack speed when not Hasted) beats +2 STR.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Offhand I'd guess you'd want Wind stance 99% of the time; 5% double-strike (and +10% attack speed when not Hasted) beats +2 STR.
    Thanks for the heads up, I play mostly THF barbs so max str is all I think about

Community Member

If going halfling: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ighlight=helli

I have a Dwarf type that focuses upon Stunning Blow/Fist/Improved Trip that uses a Rogue level instead, for UMD/faster sneaking/sneak attack. It stays in Fire stance for the healing amp but uses Dex for on-crit effects. If going Warforged I'd probably just stick with Fire stance though.

Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    If going halfling: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ighlight=helli

I have a Dwarf type that focuses upon Stunning Blow/Fist/Improved Trip that uses a Rogue level instead, for UMD/faster sneaking/sneak attack. It stays in Fire stance for the healing amp but uses Dex for on-crit effects. If going Warforged I'd probably just stick with Fire stance though.
    Most likely going wf, maybe Horc, but love the immunities of the Wf

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I play mostly THF barbs so max str is all I think about
    With unarmed monks it's usually about exploiting their faster attack speed and full offhand STR bonus to dmg; Wind stance gives them even more attacks.

Bear in mind the Godhand predates the monk PrEs; I don't know how it stacks up to, say, a pure dark monk Ninja in terms of DPS etc.

With unarmed monks it's usually about exploiting their faster attack speed and full offhand STR bonus to dmg; Wind stance gives them even more attacks.

Bear in mind the Godhand predates the monk PrEs; I don't know how it stacks up to, say, a pure dark monk Ninja in terms of DPS etc.
    Yeah but I think i would take this build over a Pure dark monk Ninja 2, until that pre gets a tier 3

My monks/monk splashes rock wind stance almost all of the time. It's sad giving up the strength and ki generation, but you just can't beat permahaste. If there's a friendly arcane around keeping haste up, then I mightl fire stance and get the best of both worlds It kind of depends on how much I need the ki. More often than not, I'll use fire stance to farm ki if needed, then swap back to wind.

DPS is a valid form of damage mitigation. Piking is not.

History will not tell of what we had, only what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilklr View Post
    My monks/monk splashes rock wind stance almost all of the time. It's sad giving up the strength and ki generation, but you just can't beat permahaste. If there's a friendly arcane around keeping haste up, then I mightl fire stance and get the best of both worlds It kind of depends on how much I need the ki. More often than not, I'll use fire stance to farm ki if needed, then swap back to wind.
    Yeahi usually run with fire stance in raids where im getting the bejesus hasted out of me.

This is the build you want http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=198451 . If you want to drop the rogue level for a monk level then can do. You can also dump the intimidate feats if you want of course, but you get the idea.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

i have a 12 fighter/8 monk and love her. her dex is 34 as well. str is 38 with boosts 30 wiz... DPS is great. she stands in wind stance as well. Ac is 74 raid buffed (with CE). High hp's as well.

as well as she does, i am reluctant to admit that a pure monk would be better for stun's and other such monk lovey stuff. a godhand is more for tanking IMO. My fighter/monk is gonna take the TR plunge in 5 tod's. going pure light monk.
    Sprulok TR 20 dark monk/ Spruloki lvl 20 TR'd Exploiter / Magnetik "aka Miss Piggy" TR'd 12ftr/6rgr/2monk/ tank / Trixxii lvl 20 TR'd light monk/ Bllaak Stabbath lvl 20 tr'd assassin/ Axetress lvl 14 juggernaut Zenaidemule --------------- Ghallanda server-------------Officer of the Captain's Crew