Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ack, no protection +5!

From the known issues:

NEW: The Level 20 Ring of the Buccaneer description in Euphonia’s Barter Box incorrectly states that the ring grants +5 Protection.

So the twice upgraded epic ring ONLY gives +7 Dex and +2 Good luck and yellow augment slot? (The swim and UWA are pretty pointless)

Can anyone who has this ring confirm that there is no +5 Protection on it?

Also, I see the known issues states that

The Ring of the Buccaneer Level 20 Upgrade 1 recipe currently has no effect. Players who attempt the upgrade will have their recipe materials consumed, but the ring will not upgrade. Players should avoid attempting to upgrade their Level 20 Ring of the Buccaneer!

But I saw several people with upgraded rings last night...

Can anyone clear this up?

I was planning on working on this next, but pretty pointless for me if there is no +5 Protection on it.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 02-25-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

It's a green augment slot, which is far more valuable.

The second note can be ignored. When the Known Issues list was first posted, the upgrade line was in twice. The first instance was replaced by the "+5 protection" line, but the second was accidentally left in.

The second tier upgrade grants dex+7 (in addition to dex+6, same type so they don't stack).

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    From the known issues:

NEW: The Level 20 Ring of the Buccaneer description in Euphonia’s Barter Box incorrectly states that the ring grants +5 Protection.

So the twice upgraded epic ring ONLY gives +7 Dex and +2 Good luck and yellow augment slot? (The swim and UWA are pretty pointless)

Can anyone who has this ring confirm that there is no +5 Protection on it?

Also, I see the known issues states that

The Ring of the Buccaneer Level 20 Upgrade 1 recipe currently has no effect. Players who attempt the upgrade will have their recipe materials consumed, but the ring will not upgrade. Players should avoid attempting to upgrade their Level 20 Ring of the Buccaneer!

But I saw several people with upgraded rings last night...

Can anyone clear this up?

I was planning on working on this next, but pretty pointless for me if there is no +5 Protection on it.
    This part was mistakenly added to the Known Issues, and is not correct:

The Updates are indeed working correctly on the ring. I had removed that Known Issue from the Special Note section, but neglected to remove it from the Items bullet point list as well. Sorry about that.

It is true that there is no Protection +5 on the Ring of the Buccaneer, the description is incorrect. As you stated, this has been noted in the Known Issues.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

The Updates are indeed working correctly on the ring. I had removed that Known Issue from the Special Note section, but neglected to remove it from the Items bullet point list as well. Sorry about that.

It is true that there is no Protection +5 on the Ring of the Buccaneer, the description is incorrect. As you stated, this has been noted in the Known Issues.
    Thank you for the clarification...

<sigh>

Now, I have to figure out where else to slot Prot +5... I got all excited about finally wearing something besides Icy Raiments...

Looks like I need to make a Min II item (but where!!!)
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

<sigh>

Now, I have to figure out where else to slot Prot +5... I got all excited about finally wearing something besides Icy Raiments...

Helmet, and slot toughness in the green augment slot.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Community Member

+7 dex, +6 int (or any other stat), HoGF

Sounds like an exceptional slot consolidation item for a LOT of characters.

I'm certainly happy with the ring..I'll probably be making several of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    Helmet, and slot toughness in the green augment slot.
    Yeah, probably, except then I can't wear the +15 Intimidate, +6 CHA helmet I'd also like to make...

I may have to make a Min II helmet AND a Min II necklace (Swap to necklace and Intim helmet on the rare occasion I'm intimi-tanking)

Quote Originally Posted by kinar View Post
    +7 dex, +6 int (or any other stat), HoGF

Sounds like an exceptional slot consolidation item for a LOT of characters.

I'm certainly happy with the ring..I'll probably be making several of them.
    Ring slot is pretty valuable... If Dex is really important to you, you're going to want a +9 ToD Dex ring... If Dex isn't that important to you, do you really want to waste a ring slot for it?

It's not bad... Just doesn't fit my needs anymore...

I was going to get rid of Icy Raiments, replace with Dueling Leathers and this ring... but now I gotta find +5 protection somwhere else...

Community Member

Default What about us

I played intensively to get my ring as the description in Euphonia’s Barter Box said Now that the ring is complet, it does have protection +5. i got to seach the forums to see it it a mistake. Just doesn't fit my needs anymore. I fell cheated out. All the grinding to get a :Sorry my mistake...God please, do better than that.

Community Member

thanks for wasting my time, with a typo thats typo'd 5 times wrong ! i really appreciate loosing 2 days !

im fairly annoyed by this as well. I want my +5 protection like it says in the description.

Community Member

I agree it is lame that the description is wrong, but a the ring as is with its GREEN slot is rather good.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

Community Member

I just did my Tier 3 Ring....and it has +6 Dex and +7 Dex...pretty wierd isnt it?
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

<sigh>

Ummm, how 'bout making some DT vestaments?
    +5 resist, +5 protection, +3 dodge
    Same AC as Icy unless you wear a Chattering Ring, and better saves than Icy to boot.
    If you're wearing Chattering, put Natural on it instead of drinking pots [1 better AC with DT] or instead of asking a ranger [1 worse AC with DT].
    Or Insight, if you don't have it on GS.

Yeah, probably, except then I can't wear the +15 Intimidate, +6 CHA helmet I'd also like to make...

I may have to make a Min II helmet AND a Min II necklace (Swap to necklace and Intim helmet on the rare occasion I'm intimi-tanking)
    If your neck slot is open to change, put it there.
    I have multiple Disease Immunity necklaces of Protection +5 in the bank. Surely you could pick one up off the AH.

So, what effect does a level 16 ring gain on upgrading to tier 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by havokiano View Post
    you are boring. And you rosik a lot. bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    With the amount of facepalming we do, it's a wonder DDO players have any noses left.

Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar

Will already made rings be corrected to have the Protection +5 on it?

Or did all of us who made that item for the Protection +5 just waste our time?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AylinIsAwesome View Post
    Will already made rings be corrected to have the Protection +5 on it?

Or did all of us who made that item for the Protection +5 just waste our time?
    My guess is, don't bet on it. I feel that a mistake is a mistake, but when it wastes a few days worth of time by several hundred if not thousands of your avid players, it's a pretty bad mistake. Cordovan, I know you're feeling sheepish right now, but I don't know. I do kind of feel like Turbine should DO something other than apologize. It's not so much about the loot, but I WOULD have not bothered if it weren't for the +5 protection and spent time epifying and upgrading something else instead. Perhaps I would have spent more time taking advantage of the +25% for my lowbies instead.

If it's decided to put the Protection+5 bonus on the item, I strongly doubt it would be retroactive. Usually, when an item is changed, they can only retroactively change the fundamental aspects of an item like the base damage, damage types, and crit range/multiplier. The original eSoS nerf is a prime example.

When other aspects of an item are changed, such as the two waves of desert epic changes, and the recent House P/D/K epic item changes, you would have to perform some sort of ritual (stone of change in non-epic cases, epic altar plus 3 dungeon tokens in epic cases) to convert your copy of an item to the new item. This is because it appears they can't change existing item's bonuses.

A case in point is the non-functional stunning on Stonedust Handwraps prior to update 8. In their case, though, no upgrade ritual was available so you would have to use it in a Sora Kell ritual or get a new pair.

Also note, if they do add in an upgrade ritual to give you the +5 protection, it'll probably involve a 3 epic dungeon exchange that will erase whatever you placed in the green slot.

*Something* really needs to be done here. I too was bamboozled, and am now kinda bitter about it.

It took a very good item, competitive with all the other items (even with the useless swim bonus) and made it mediocre.

At this point I don't even really care what they do to improve it, but it's just not fair as is.

Something like +1 exceptional dex would be great.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast