Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: My DDO Lottory

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Oh most definitely! I had to write a program to download the page, parse it and display it in a sorted grid. Way too much work to figure out if you won.

Maybe later I'll post it somewhere.
    you're a daisy if you do.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    you're a daisy if you do.
    I'll see if I can get it to be distribution friendly this weekend.

I had a bit of time. Be warned that it is only tested on Vista 32 bit and XP 32 bit. The program will save your user name after first use but will not save your password.

Warning: This program is slow! (Not really but it does take awhile to log in.)

To use the program just unzip it to a folder, double-click the program, enter your myDDO user name and password then click login. You can click column headers to sort it as you like. Also you can select and copy the results to Excel.

DDO_Lottery_Watcher.zip

It was written in Visual Basic 2010 so you may need to update your Windows install. It requires the .NET 4.0 runtime from Microsoft.

A note about security:
    If you are concerned about security of this application then don't use it. I wrote the program and trust my abilities. But you do not know me, my abilities or my intent. Personally I really do not want anyone's login credentials. If someone is concerned and has the skill you can watch what the program does using wireshark or some such to see what the program sends where. I wrote this program for my wife and myself, if anyone else can use it then that's good too.

EDIT: Looks like the demand has DOS'd my server. New link above.
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 03-16-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Community Member

I won the haste lottery last night. It seemed to choke when i tried to detach the pots from the mail and I assumed I was unable to get the 5 pots (i forgot to check how many i had prior), but after several attempts, i gave up and the mail was still there. I hit the next favor level and checked the box to clear that message, the lottery message was gone.

I have another toon that won as well. i will check them tonight to see if this actually worked.

Exclamation

click the program, enter your myDDO user name and password then click login.
    What?
    If you are concerned about security then don't use it.
    Who 's not? Especially when you can somewhat access payment method...
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard
    click the program, enter your myDDO user name and password then click login.
    What?
    The program has to be able to log into myDDO to read the page listing what lotteries you won. There was no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard
    If you are concerned about security then don't use it.
    Who 's not? Especially when you can somewhat access payment method...
    Last time I checked you can't get at the payment info from myDDO. Otherwise I would delete my card information and only use prepaid cards. The only way that what you said would be possible is if you went insane and used the same user name and password for the myDDO site as the game. In which case you probably need to think about changing your forum password at least as myDDO uses WordPress which has been known to get hacked from time to time.

EDIT: Looks like the demand has DOS'd my server. New link has been created.

DDO_Lottery_Watcher.zip
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 03-16-2011 at 01:33 PM.

The program has to be able to log into myDDO to read the page listing what lotteries you won. There was no way around it.
    An update: I have modified the program to have an offline mode. In this mode you have to paste the page source into a text box and the program will parse the page without needing your login credentials.

DDO_Lottery_Watcher.zip

Unless a serious bug appears, I am done modifying this program.

An update: I have modified the program to have an offline mode. In this mode you have to paste the page source into a text box and the program will parse the page without needing your login credentials.

DDO_Lottery_Watcher.zip

Unless a serious bug appears, I am done modifying this program.
    This needs to be shared with the world!
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I'll post it in Guides and Strategies after a few people download it and post feedback.

Though I do regret the thread jack.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I'll post it in Guides and Strategies after a few people download it and post feedback.

Though I do regret the thread jack.
    Bah nothing to regret. Thread will probably get closed down anyway.

Unhappy

Now that a month is passed i can be sure about it: the lottery fix has broken my lotteries partecipations!

It's more than one month that i'm unable to win anything (that could be bad luck, right?), and if i consider that i daily apply and that until march i managed to win, at least, one time per week, i really doubt this is working properly for me.

But two days again one of my characters win a lottery! Who? "Hakyokusaken" a wizard deleted three months ago (last update 01/21/2011) ! ! !

Fix the lotteries please! For me too
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Ticket #24001-49725 - Turbine Customer Support with no reply

worked a month ago now all i get is grey screen or The website cannot display the page error..

i have 31 toons on this account and not one will load the lotto

Any help will this matter would be appreciated ...
    Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

◦To circumvent a bug blocking some players from taking advantage of the DDO Store Free Item giveaway, all items in this May promotion will now cost 1 Turbine Point. This will allow players to participate even if they have less than the base cost of the item!

mmkay now lets fix the daily ddo lotto then
    Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

Community Member
    Serene, and a little out of touch with reality

Default Issue seems to have returned

Character Bartold; server Thelanis; never transferred, never reicarnated. Seems to be updating in MyDDO. MyDDO indicates Medium Thin Quiver won; nothing in in-game mail.

In-game GM response:
    05/21/11 09:34 AM The Lottery system is still in a beta phase, and errors may occur. As a result, we are unable to provide any reimbursement of winnings at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit the official forums for more information. - +Krymux+
    Last edited by daddio42; 05-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    We have met the enemy and he is us. Pogo

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by daddio42 View Post
    Character Bartold; server Thelanis; never transferred, never reicarnated. Seems to be updating in MyDDO. MyDDO indicates Medium Thin Quiver won; nothing in in-game mail.

In-game GM response:
    05/21/11 09:34 AM The Lottery system is still in a beta phase, and errors may occur. As a result, we are unable to provide any reimbursement of winnings at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit the official forums for more information. - +Krymux+
    and if you put in a ticket for getting your characters updated on My DDO you get this answer:
    Thank you for contacting Turbine Customer Support.

This automated email has been sent to let you know that we have received your support request and to also forward some relevant information based on the support request details you selected:

We are currently experiencing issues with some character information not properly updating on the my.ddo website. This is an ongoing issue that the web team is investigating. We apologize but at this time we do not know when a resolution will be available as they are still searching for the underlying cause. We apologize for the any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as we work toward a resolution for everyone affected.

If you need further assistance or have questions or concerns please reply to this email to update your ticket status.

Quote Originally Posted by daddio42 View Post

In-game GM response:
    Same situation here,won Medium Thin Quiver but nothing in-game mail.

Community Member

Default The Lottery has a bunch of older characters

Anyone know how often they update the MyDDO list of characters?
    Mine needs a cleaning (characters deleted some time ago).

Doesn't help they keep winning things....

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by jamestheman View Post

they do not do so anymore. the webteam stopped caring after the 5 Yarrs fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestheman View Post

Try the greasemonkey scripts by Backley. I replaced the servers with the names of deleted characters and it worked great.

Community Member

Smile myddo lottery

Logging into myddo account to enter lottery and only get the Enter to Win lottory button top left.

Clicking on the button to enter and get the gray screen titled "current drawings" returned.

Had a look at doing it in Firefox to see if I could get more info - after 40+ seconds get a HTTP 1.0 500 Internal server error message and it closed the connection

Been like this for about a month

I have a second account I just started and the lottery still works on that account so I know its not my PC at fault

Have tried to remove the Lottery widget but when I go into widget's and hover over it it just says "current drawings" and dont get an option to remove it. I cant even delete my forum account to start again (very short sighted turbine)

**** update *****

logged myddo call and they fixed it within 48 hours so very happy about that
    Last edited by Dibler; 07-14-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678