Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loot rules

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nerdychaz View Post
    Zombie thread rises from the dead! I thought this was all done with?
    It's nice to have it bumped, and the OP recently linked to it in a previous loot-drama thread (that madstone boot one iirc).
    Gordy - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith
    Agordmil - Agordmils - Byoh - Crocodylia - Schrödingers - MooseAlert - Zufallig - Mooselicker
    Solo ToD (Arcane) no pots preMotu

Community Member

Shadow Thieves Of Amn

If you play with us, your loot - you can keep it but if you don't need an item put it on roll - ninja pass / trade for other item is forbidden on our party.

Knights of the Silver Dragon (Thelanis):

As far as I know, there are no rules regarding loot. If you pull an item it is your to do with as you like. I don't recall any drama ever happening to any degree in any guild quests or raids.

Most people will put an item up for roll if they don't need it or want it. There are no rules on who can roll for which item. I have never heard one word from anyone if someone keeps an item or rolls on an item, regardless of what their class is or what item it is.

In short: "Your loot is your loot."
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade (Epic Completionist), Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield (Heroic Triple Completionist, Epic Completionist.)

Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 128)

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Default Templar's Loot Rules:

1. If you pull an item it is yours to do with as you please. Loot it, pass it, or eat it.
    2. We will pass items we pull but don't need to a guildie first (needs only), then we will put it for role to everyone.
    3. No proxy rolling ( rolling for someone else and winning then passing to them)
    4. Doing number 3 will get you on the DNP list
    5. Under most circumstances (99%) of the time need before greed, please don't role for a life 2-infinity lives on.

Nuff said except this: If you find one of our guildies doing other than listed above please alert an officer of Templar.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Officer of Templar on Cannith

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

Joined a "Gamers HoX" hard hound run and was a smooth run. Couple nice drops, wraps, bracelet, lorrik's etc...everything got passed within to guild buddies except one item.

I think people can do what they want with their loot, including giving it to somebody without putting it up for roll (for whatever reason is yours).

Something that I don't like is proxy rolling...which is exactly what happened to me here. If the item is up for roll it should be up for roll, not the highest roll gets to then pick who he wants to give it to.

This was just a bracelet of madness I lost out on, so no big deal, but it's just the principle of it.

Player A puts Bracelet of Madness for roll (Arcane Lore, Sup Pot VI, Gr. Evoc Focus)
    Gamer B rolls 200 (wizard)
    Myself rolls 400 (fvs)
    <long pause>
    Gamer C rolls 420 (lvl 16 fighter/piker)
    Player A puts Bracelet of Madness in winner "Gamer C's" chest
    Gamer C passes Bracelet of Madness to loser Gamer B

Come on if a class that has no business rolling for a particular item rolls and wins at least stash it in your bank until you TR into it, that's at least better than proxy. This is why I haven't joined a big guild...just stay on solo guild

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkytom View Post
    This is why I haven't joined a big guild...just stay on solo guild
    If you read through the different guild's loot rules in the OP, you will find that they are all pretty consistent in what is acceptable looting behavior.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by hawkytom View Post
    Joined a "Gamers HoX"... This is why I haven't joined a big guild...just stay on solo guild
    LOL Gamers and "big guild" are mutually exclusive terms. Next you'll be telling me that Favor Runners is a guild to be reckoned with as well <_<.. don't even get me started on those bads in Templar...

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by freekay View Post
    LOL Gamers and "big guild" are mutually exclusive terms. Next you'll be telling me that Favor Runners is a guild to be reckoned with as well <_<.. don't even get me started on those bads in Templar...
    The pot calling the kettle black...

One thing i dont see is people asking about loot rules when/before they join a raid/party.

Why does no one do this?

Aggrevated assault, Conduct, Hyperchan, Shockblocked, Dreamforger, Itouchmypod, Proctologist

United Dungeon Runners loot rules:

1) If it's in your name, you may do with it as you like
    2) If you put it up for roll, classes for which the item is "intended" get +10 to roll vs. others. Example: Torc is up for roll, fighter says "I'm TRing into a Wiz later this week." She may roll d100, but any bluebars in the party roll d100+10

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Quote Originally Posted by shadowballerina View Post
    One thing i dont see is people asking about loot rules when/before they join a raid/party.

Why does no one do this?
    Unfortunately, it is because a lot of people assume that whatever loot rules they use are the "reasonable" loot rules that everyone uses.

The only loot rule that could be universally agreed upon is "your loot is your loot." Do whatever you want with you loot, and I will do whatever I want with my loot.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade (Epic Completionist), Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield (Heroic Triple Completionist, Epic Completionist.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    Unfortunately, it is because a lot of people assume that whatever loot rules they use are the "reasonable" loot rules that everyone uses.

The only loot rule that could be universally agreed upon is "your loot is your loot." Do whatever you want with you loot, and I will do whatever I want with my loot.
    Or they just don't care.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

Quote Originally Posted by shadowballerina View Post

Why does no one do this?
    Either I join a party with an entity I know the loot rules for or I am just joining for a completion and couldn't give 2 sh!ts about what people do with their loot. Don't know why I would join a party with unknown mystery loot rules if I was looking to get an item from the quest/raid. This is the kind of thing you find out ahead of time or take your chances with whatever the leader says.

Send a tell to the leader if you don't already know their rules. Don't be one of those peoples that joins and gets to the chests and all of a sudden your loot rules differ with the group. Fast track to the blacklist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by morticianjohn View Post
    Or they just don't care.
    If they don't care there is no resulting loot drama. Not caring what other people do with their loot equals "your loot is your loot" by default.

Platinum Knights

**PK Loot Policy**

It is Platinum Knight policy that all loot be distributed fairly. We do not do loot trades/swaps/etc. Deal making or other outside influences that alter the distribution of loot will not be tolerated.
    Please keep in mind that with True Reincarnation some players may loot/roll on items that they do not appear to need. We do ask that players reincarnating consider your needs carefully. All players should pay attention to whether loot is bound to account (BtA) or bound to character (BtC).

If an item/seal/shard/tome appears in a chest under your name loot it or put it up for roll it is your decision.
    Looting an item under your name does not count towards winning rolls in the categories below.

Loot is divided into three categories per chest.

1) shards, seals and epic raid bound tomes

2) bound to account(BtA) & bound to character(BtC) named items
    *non-epic raid bound tomes

3) non-bound named items and non-bound tomes

You are allowed one winning roll per category.
    All loot rolls are to be 1d100.

After all items have been rolled upon anything left in the chest is considered unclaimed loot.
    All unclaimed loot will be offered for an open roll.

Unclaimed loot= anything in chest that has not been distributed through rolls.
    Open roll= All party members may roll regardless of prior winning rolls.

Epic Scrolls
    The game already rolls and distributes scrolls for us. If you get a scroll it is your loot to keep or put up for roll.

Raid/epics leaders are responsible for stating and upholding the policy.
    Items should be linked and a player asked if they wish to put it up for roll before rolls are made. Better informed decisions about loot this way.
    Get descriptions and track your own items at Shareplz.net
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

I'm kind of surprised to see people saying that their guilds don't allow trading one bound item in a chest for another. I thought that was pretty kosher. I offer to trade ToD rings all the time, I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    Knights of the Silver Dragon (Thelanis)
    wrong server forum,

Mod plz move to thelanis
    Ulyssus, Traeci, Cateleno, Diocletianvs, Antonivs, MarcusJunius
    HellaPro Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to see people saying that their guilds don't allow trading one bound item in a chest for another. I thought that was pretty kosher. I offer to trade ToD rings all the time, I hope I haven't offended anyone.
    outside of PK I am not sure I have played with any guild that frowns upon this
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Default Templar Loot Rules

1 Guild Members First, We ask the guild if they want what we pulled first, if it is wanted by multiple people in the guild then they do a guild roll, if only 1 person wants it they get it,(Doesn't always use guild roll) otherwise pugs can have it
    2 Trading, Go on and trade one item for another, who cares your loot is your loot? do what you want
    3 Proxy Rolling, This is how you get in the guild message Saying DNP "Do Not Party" Auto /ignore list
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

Your loot is your loot, period! All this bickering and "rules" are asinine. If you win a roll then it becomes your loot to do with as you please. I had a young lady this past weekend get peckish with me for my Pale Master picking up his +3 Wis tome. This really disturbs me. I did not inventory her loot and decide for myself who should get what. It was her loot and I expect the same consideration.

YOUR LOOT IS YOUR LOOT, for Pete's sake.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast