Default make the effects of airship elemental resistance shrines stacking

Currently the effects of airship elemental resistance shrines are the same as the effects of actual Resist Energy spell. They does not stack with the effects of Resist Energy spell.

That's a bit pointless. If we need energy resist in quests, we can cast it on us or ask spell casters to cast it on us.

The idea here is to change effects into stacking bonus. Making them more useful. For example:

• Lesser Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 5 points of stacking fire resistance
    • Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 10 points of stacking fire resistance
    • Greater Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 15 points of stacking fire resistance

Serious? Are u kidding?

Ship buffs as they are imo are already overpowered and DEFIANTLY NOT NEEDED.

Why would you want them to STACK?

they save you a wand charge, can't be dispelled, and last and hour, and u now want them to STACK?

Wow some ppl just need easy buttons for everything.

Stacking undispellable buffs are entirely ridiculous and not necessary. Buck up soldier. Get your resist 30 of everything, get your other easy button buffs and go quest.

If that's not enough buffage for you I hear the ship buffs in Hello Kitty Online Adventure stack with everything. Go try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

way to overpowering

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    Serious? Are u kidding?

Ship buffs as they are imo are already overpowered and DEFIANTLY NOT NEEDED.

Why would you want them to STACK?

they save you a wand charge, can't be dispelled, and last and hour, and u now want them to STACK?

Wow some ppl just need easy buttons for everything.
    Yes, I want them to be stack. But I have lowered the effects (5, 10, 15).

I don't really care if they can save me wand charges or can't be dispelled or whatever. I just don't need a bit pointless stuff which I personally don't bother to use on guild airship.

Quote Originally Posted by IanYang
    The idea here is to change effects into stacking bonus. Making them more useful.
    Or less useful for those of us who use it for resists

They're overpowered enough as it is IMO, especially at low levels.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

I really do see this suggestion as being a little overpowered.

It is possible to get a stacking resistance through the creation of greensteel items, exceptional bonus resistant values will stack with enchanted.

Most of the buffs conferred by guild shrines and npc's mirror qualities that can be obtained through other means in game at the moment.

This is surely an effort to avoid a massive overpowering of characters with access to high level guild facilities.

As they stand, most guild buffs are a convenience, it just makes life a little easier.

Some of the guild buffs do stack, and they are already under some attack as being a little overpowered (i'm thinking in particular of +2 stat buffs, which generally would otherwise need you to have built a greensteel item, or upgraded a tod ring, and if you have, then it's still stackable at the moment.)

If this suggestion was to go through, then it would be possible to completely negate a lot of elemental attack damage in the game, which in my opinion would stack a odds just a little too much in our favour.

As it stands the odds are already well and truly stacked in the players favour to the point of leaving a few quests and difficulties in which it is still necessary to really stretch yourself to win.

Lets leave it that way, if it gets too easy (and many suggest we're already there) it really wont' be much fun anymore at all.

/not signed.

Coit out~
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by IanYang View Post
    Yes, I want them to be stack. But I have lowered the effects (5, 10, 15).

I don't really care if they can save me wand charges or can't be dispelled or whatever. I just don't need a bit pointless stuff which I personally don't bother to use on guild airship.

Ever heard of True Reincarnation? It's this cool thing they added so that you can make your character even more powerful, at the cost of re-rolling and having to gain much more XP to gain levels.

At level 1 (that's FIRST LEVEL) your guild ship can buff your character with resist 30 to everything, and possibly depending on guild level, +2 to all stats, bonuses to hit and damage...

Maybe that should be taken into consideration? Maybe those resist 30 undispellable buffs are fine the way they are? Maybe our level 20's who breeze through ALL content don't need more than they already have?
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Quote Originally Posted by pSINNa View Post
    I really do see this suggestion as being a little overpowered.
    5, 10, and 15 stacking points never being overpowered. But can make those shrines truely worthful.

5, 10, and 15 stacking points Would not be overpowered. But can make those shrines truely worthwhile.
    translated to engrish.

they are and your horribly slow for not seeing how.

lets consider u made greensteels, 5 peices, just for resists. You would have 45 passive resist. that takes 5 equip slots.

Your suggestion gives 45 resist. With 0 equip slots.

Just that, I won't even bother mentioning the other reasons, but JUST THAT ALONE is enough. For someone to really go for 45 resists, he has to sacrifice a equip slot for 1 (The spell does 30, equipment hits the other 45) he now has 45 with no eqiups used, so can switch to something else, boosting his power beyond what is possible(not that the shrines dont; already do this but yea)

All i see is : WAHH these don't stack with my spell/item, I WANT MOAR. Let me mash easymodebutton to 20 and WIN!'

I agree with the above people. Go play hellokitty.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Currently the effects of airship elemental resistance shrines are the same as the effects of actual Resist Energy spell. They does not stack with the effects of Resist Energy spell.

That's a bit pointless. If we need energy resist in quests, we can cast it on us or ask spell casters to cast it on us.

The idea here is to change effects into stacking bonus. Making them more useful. For example:

• Lesser Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 5 points of stacking fire resistance
    • Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 10 points of stacking fire resistance
    • Greater Stacking Fire Resistance Shrine - grants you 15 points of stacking fire resistance
    They work fine the way they are.

They cant be dispelled.

THey provide 30 Resists much sooner than can be gotten from other means.

Heres an idea.. DONT pass out resists unless people actually need it. Save the mana.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by toughguyjoe View Post
    ~snip~ Maybe our level 20's who breeze through ALL content don't need more than they already have?
    there are ALOT of 20's that cant even breeze through lvl12 content. These folks are normally the ones clammoring for ship buffs that are permanent so they can continue their modus operandi of die/res/die/res/die/res/complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Because of experience, +1 DC to tactics, +10 HP, 5% healing amp or something else? Past lives are weak and should be the last thing you pursue if you care at all about real power.

As is a 30 resist to just fire makes most lvl7 and below quests easy button.

No Just No

GO open a RIFT WOW

All been said
    /not signed
    Exiled from the european server Devourer (Release -> aug09) to Ghallanda (aug09 -> today) Main toons: Boite - Trovilain - Vraiment - Ahagun - Lagrosse - Ongdamagde - Tronche - Fekh - Fekhdemotiil
    Proud member of the Ghallandian guild Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh

Community Member

ha ha ha ha!

wait - you're serious?
    Best Quote Ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heronous View Post
    The clam can not be ransacked.
    Proud Member and occasional Officer of Identity Unknown (Argonnessen)

I don't agree with the suggestion at all (mainly because having over 30 fire resistance makes one of the most deadly enemy spells, Meteor Swarm, into something that hardly does more than tickle).

But there sure has been a lot of flaming going on in this thread. When did all the angry children start running amok on the forums?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

5, 10, and 15 stacking points never being overpowered. But can make those shrines truely worthful.
    seeing the symbol for your forum name...i would assume that you have a fvs....to which your inherent resists stack...

fvs get the best resists in the game as is, hands down, with only a fvs with 3 past life ranger topping it

30 is more than enough.....you DO NOT NEED MORE

if you cant survive with 30 undispellable resists then you arent doing it right

obviously /not signed
    Toastee McRoastybuns - Shinigamii - Theifing Slum - Bakabaka - Salsasnack - Tssst The Dog Whisperer
    MrBlonde - Omakase Omnomnom - Austrian Deathmachine - Consonar Crazy Ivan
    Ascent

No need for this.

The airship buffs are already available too early in the game (30 point resist offers immunity to almost all elemental damage before level 6 regardless of difficulty, and most until level 10) and continue to be useful at all levels. At worst, they save you (or your caster) some SP, and at best, they're giving you resists even while a beholder is staring you down or those drow wizards in OoB have been spamming dispels on you all quest.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!