Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~groan~

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    Not a wives' tale.
    Sugar speeds up the breakdown of the alcohol. That, combined with a lower average body weight, is the reason women get drunk faster than men do. The body weight thing aside, the alcohol is being introduced to the bloodstream faster in women because women tend to drink sweeter drinks.

This creates a situation where the hangover starts off worse than it would have been, but leaves quicker as well. Just like the month of April. In like a lion, out like a lamb.

Water is key. Alcohol dehydrates your brain, which is what causes a hangover. Rehydrate it, problem solved. Or better yet, don't let it get dehydrated very much to begin with by drinking a lot of water along the way.
    good then cause I drink that vinegar and honey drink, its actually quite nice.

Not a wives' tale.
    Sugar speeds up the breakdown of the alcohol. That, combined with a lower average body weight, is the reason women get drunk faster than men do. The body weight thing aside, the alcohol is being introduced to the bloodstream faster in women because women tend to drink sweeter drinks.

This creates a situation where the hangover starts off worse than it would have been, but leaves quicker as well. Just like the month of April. In like a lion, out like a lamb.

Water is key. Alcohol dehydrates your brain, which is what causes a hangover. Rehydrate it, problem solved. Or better yet, don't let it get dehydrated very much to begin with by drinking a lot of water along the way.
    The women drinking sweeter drinks thing makes sense, as I was downing vanilla vodka with root beer and orange soda :P I'm shocked I even woke up this morning, I thought sure I would be in a sugar coma, lol!

I drank 2 huge glasses of water before bed and brought a third to bed with me that I drank throughout the night. Still woke up feeling like I had been hit by a Mack truck!
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Quote Originally Posted by Zigana View Post
    The women drinking sweeter drinks thing makes sense, as I was downing vanilla vodka with root beer and orange soda :P I'm shocked I even woke up this morning, I thought sure I would be in a sugar coma, lol!

I drank 2 huge glasses of water before bed and brought a third to bed with me that I drank throughout the night. Still woke up feeling like I had been hit by a Mack truck!
    Well we can't all be pros at it.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nysrock View Post
    Well we can't all be pros at it.
    Haha! That's kinda why it's so funny...normally I am! I've drunk myself into black out points before and woken up the next morning without issue. This morning was the first time in my 30 years I've ever had a hangover! Although, after seeing how much I drank, it's understandable! I went through nearly a 5th of vodka and a 6 pack and a half of Smirnoff at the start! Think I'll have to divide the next 5th out and have the husband hide the rest next week, LOL!
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Quote Originally Posted by Zigana View Post
    Haha! That's kinda why it's so funny...normally I am! I've drunk myself into black out points before and woken up the next morning without issue. This morning was the first time in my 30 years I've ever had a hangover! Although, after seeing how much I drank, it's understandable! I went through nearly a 5th of vodka and a 6 pack and a half of Smirnoff at the start! Think I'll have to divide the next 5th out and have the husband hide the rest next week, LOL!
    What brand of vodka was it? I notice a big difference between brands, if not always taste. Absolut or Smirnoff and I might feel it. Grey Goose or Belvedere and I am fine the next day.

For a real fun morning after just mix beer, Tequila, rum and a few other mix drinks all into one night. Beer and Tequila alone is fine but with everything else added it was definitely a rough night and even worse morning.
    ... a soldier,

On top of a heavy water incoming flow, i usually take a homemade ginger drink for that purpose :

(best prepared the day before)
    * Boil 2L water, then shut the fire
    * Put 50-150g (depending on your resistance to ginger i like the 150g version) of ginger roots sliced very thin (or grated) and the juice of 2 lemons into the water.
    * You can add a tablespoon of mint syrup or a dozen of fresh mint leaves if you like, some people add some sugar too but it's not necessary imo.
    * Cover and let the water cool down ~1h
    * Filter
    * Add 1L of pineapple juice
    * Fill some bottles with that and put in the fridge

It can easily be kept a month or so (never tried more, but between ginger and the lemon juice acidity i don't think it can actually turn bad) and it's a wonderful drink for all headaches, incl. post-alcoholic ones
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

i was going to say thats not much then I remembered the body weight thing.

someone told me a agina's cant spell it, or what ever in the alchohol. bourbon in my experiance is worse than vodka for me.

For a real fun morning after just mix beer, Tequila, rum and a few other mix drinks all into one night. Beer and Tequila alone is fine but with everything else added it was definitely a rough night and even worse morning.
    We usually call such a heavy mix 'coffin', also one of the most popular&disgusting mix we have in france is the TGV (acronym for the high-speed train here) : Tequila-Gin-Vodka

High-speed porcelain worshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Malky View Post
    We usually call such a heavy mix 'coffin', also one of the most popular&disgusting mix we have in france is the TGV (acronym for the high-speed train here) : Tequila-Gin-Vodka

High-speed porcelain worshipping
    That would be a Cement Mixer here. Had a co-worker buy me one. ONCE! That was the first, and last, time I was ever sick at a bar. I think it has more to do with the consistency then the alcohol content.
    ... a soldier,

That would be a Cement Mixer here. Had a co-worker buy me one. ONCE! That was the first, and last, time I was ever sick at a bar. I think it has more to do with the consistency then the alcohol content.
    that stuff sounds nice, haha i remember my cousin was trying to make us sick he made a bloody mary half vodka half tomato juice, chilli powder and diced chillis, it was in on of those huge pint tankards. Then he dared me to drink it, I then got 2 eggs broke them in there, mixed it up and sculled it all in one shot, nope didnt hug the bowl lol.

the things we do when we are young and stupid though to look tough or cool in front of the ladies. no not all the ladies there where related to me

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    that stuff sounds nice, haha i remember my cousin was trying to make us sick he made a bloody mary half vodka half tomato juice, chilli powder and diced chillis, it was in on of those huge pint tankards. Then he dared me to drink it, I then got 2 eggs broke them in there, mixed it up and sculled it all in one shot, nope didnt hug the bowl lol.

the things we do when we are young and stupid though to look tough or cool in front of the ladies. no not all the ladies there where related to me
    LOL.....I do know the whole "trying to look cool and failing" thing.

When I was in the Air Force I spent a couple of tours in Saudi Arabia. Well where we were at was close to Bahrain, the only place around there where you could drink. When you signed up for trips there you would spend part of the day shopping and the rest at a resort pool with a swim up bar. There were always some nice looking ladies there as well.

I remember ordering a shot of Jack Daniels at the bar and downing it. That's when things went wrong. I forgot that is was 130 degrees outside and the bottle was sitting in the sun. It was like someone had placed it in a microwave. I sat there for a good 5 minutes trying to cough up a lung. Not the best way to look cool in front of the ladies.
    ... a soldier,

That's not a cement mixer. A cement mixer is a shot of Bailey's and a second shot of lime juice.
    Toss the Bailey's in your mouth, but don't swallow it. Then toss the lime juice ion your mouth and "rinse" before swallowing.
    The lime juice curdles the Bailey's, hence the name.

Some people just put a half an ounce of lime juice in the Bailey's immediately before serving it, but if the person doesn't immediately drink it as well....

That's not a cement mixer. A cement mixer is a shot of Bailey's and a second shot of lime juice.
    Toss the Bailey's in your mouth, but don't swallow it. Then toss the lime juice ion your mouth and "rinse" before swallowing.
    The lime juice curdles the Bailey's, hence the name.
    I meant that it was a porcelain worshiping drink, not the same drink.
    ... a soldier,

I meant that it was a porcelain worshiping drink, not the same drink.
    Gotcha.
    For that, I like to serve Four Horsemen and a Fool.
    1 part Jim Beam, 1 part Jack Daniels, 1 part Jose Cuervo, 1 part Johnny Walker, 1 dash of tabasco sauce.

LOL.....I do know the whole "trying to look cool and failing" thing.

When I was in the Air Force I spent a couple of tours in Saudi Arabia. Well where we were at was close to Bahrain, the only place around there where you could drink. When you signed up for trips there you would spend part of the day shopping and the rest at a resort pool with a swim up bar. There were always some nice looking ladies there as well.

I remember ordering a shot of Jack Daniels at the bar and downing it. That's when things went wrong. I forgot that is was 130 degrees outside and the bottle was sitting in the sun. It was like someone had placed it in a microwave. I sat there for a good 5 minutes trying to cough up a lung. Not the best way to look cool in front of the ladies.
    that one actually worked, i mean the eggs somehow took out the sting of the chillis for me, and I actually had a glass of milk to wash it down and stop the burning he put a lot of chllis in there, Hahha nothing is worse than drinking up a lot of liquid courage to help you, then you score but your just too wasted you end up snoring before anything actually happens later on, lol, not very impressive at all.

In the big things-you-really-shouldn't-do list i have quite some feedback (either by myself or witnessed) :

- crushing 500mg of paracetamol into powder, mixing the powder with tabacco and smoking it. I dunno where that idea came from, but really don't try it. The guy who did it spent the rest of the night running around with dragons chasing him, according to what he was yelling during that time.

- drinking a beer into which cigarette ash accidentaly fell, fastest porcelain trip i've ever seen.

- when in amsterdam, going in a mexican 'shop' and asking the vendor 'the strongest mushroom you have'. I spent the following afternoon arguing with a tree that didn't want to let me rest under his branches.

- following a band of friends into a stupid challenge : one of them had bet that nobody could throw up after having eaten his 'aligot' : a meal with potato and a ton of fresh cow cheese mixed in. Nobody threw up, but the other alcoholic effects were still present. (Note: dunno if the beer+ash combo could do, that cheese is very very sticky)

- trying to be drunk with only milk, you need a lot of milk to achieve a semi-drunk state but it works (dunno how, really). Quite funny to do, but beware : you're gonna poo something strange the day after.

- being a friend of a winemaker the day he wants to taste all the barrels he's produced that year.

- ... no more rememberances atm, but there's much more

Edit: how could i forget that one : Believing that if you drink a full glass of olive oil before going on a alcoholic spree it will lessen the effects of alcohol. Oil is only delaying alcohol before it reaches your blood for some time, but if you keep on drinking... the late night is kind of horrible. This is one of the best ways to reach an ethylic coma, so you'd better not try it.
    Last edited by Malky; 02-13-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malky View Post
    - drinking a beer into which cigarette ash accidentaly fell, fastest porcelain trip i've ever seen.
    Don't forget the infamous grabbing a friends spit bottle instead of my beer bottle and taking a swig. Fastest I ever saw someone turn green and run for the toilet.
    ... a soldier,

At the top of tempest spine drinking my big ole beers:)

Gotcha.
    For that, I like to serve Four Horsemen and a Fool.
    1 part Jim Beam, 1 part Jack Daniels, 1 part Jose Cuervo, 1 part Johnny Walker, 1 dash of tabasco sauce.
    I like the F**k You myself. 1/3 Everclear 1/3 151 1/3 tequila or high grade whiskey depending on how much of a jerk I want to be. Tequila is actually the nicer of the two. Ill use high grade Patrone if I have it. Or the whiskey version Ill use Jamisons, Johnny, or Jack if its all I have on hand. Most people wont last more than 4.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Ever tried the express way of getting your mind clear after some drinks ?

It works! to some extend

What brand of vodka was it? I notice a big difference between brands, if not always taste. Absolut or Smirnoff and I might feel it. Grey Goose or Belvedere and I am fine the next day.

It was Burnett's. I find the cheaper the bottle, the more intoxicated I get from lesser amounts (even thought it's only 70 proof, shockingly). That should have been a good warning! Smirnoff doesn't effect me much, the high end stuff doesn't at all. If it burns and tastes like rubbing alcohol going down, I'ma get drunk off it. This stuff burned, but the vanilla over-powered the flavor of the vodka, so I was able to drink more before I realized how drunk I really was...then I drank more cause I was too drunk to care!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast