Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default thinking about coming to khyber

I am deciding whether or not to leave Thelanis, I am an Aussie player and I have read that Khyber is the sort of unofficial server for people in and around our timezone. I am also a relatively new player, only been playing for about a month and I only have one level 20 character (Barb, I went for the easy choice as my 1st character ), so I am not too experienced in more of the high level quests.

So basically what I think I am asking is if there is more people on during the Australian night times and if there are many predominantly Australian guilds that would have people on during those times that also don't mind taking a first timer on their quests, I listen and I am not prone to zerging, mainly cos I dont know where the hell to go half the time... except shroud, I think I ransacked it on the day I hit 18 ;p.

Thanks for your time and I know it's alot of questions

There's a heap of Aussies and Kiwis on Khyber, and the Stormreach thieves guild quite often has enough people on to run a raid or two just within guild. Not that I'm pimping for the thieves since I'm sure there are many other guilds to suit you but just letting you know theres a few of us.

Why dont you roll a character or two and try it out?
    All of Company of the Black Dragon and all of Warriors of the Wild
    Some of the Vagabond Horde and some of the SrTG
    All on Khyber

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Try Crimson Eagles too. But you kinda get to know people in our timesone and can go from there.

Happy to help out with plat and gear should you need it if you came here.
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Asumah101 View Post
    I am deciding whether or not to leave Thelanis, I am an Aussie player and I have read that Khyber is the sort of unofficial server for people in and around our timezone. I am also a relatively new player, only been playing for about a month and I only have one level 20 character (Barb, I went for the easy choice as my 1st character ), so I am not too experienced in more of the high level quests.

So basically what I think I am asking is if there is more people on during the Australian night times and if there are many predominantly Australian guilds that would have people on during those times that also don't mind taking a first timer on their quests, I listen and I am not prone to zerging, mainly cos I dont know where the hell to go half the time... except shroud, I think I ransacked it on the day I hit 18 ;p.

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Try Crimson Eagles too. But you kinda get to know people in our timesone and can go from there.

There are TONS of Aussies on the server, CE is a great guild for them...but beware...

Even though you are Aussie, don't call yourself Aussie or Aussie may get mad and scratch your eyes out. Now, if you are an AussieChick that could be nice...screenshots...but it likely would be best to avoid the whole confrontation.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Yes, we have a fairly high number of Aussie's on--as well as the crazy Americans (and few other nationalities) that are night owls, so the server is busy during the Aussie afternoon/evening times. There's a few guilds that are Aussie oriented (as mentioned), but the awesome thing about Khyber is our PUG scene is just as busy as our guilded one, so you shouldn't have trouble finding people to play with! Move a toon over or roll a new one, PUG a little and get to know the guilds. You'll start seeing some regular guild tags that run at your specific times and can then ask for an invite
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

So where the bloody ell are ya?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    So where the bloody ell are ya?
    lol thats funny welcome to khyber the land of drama

lies to deceive you, lies I tell you lies, Stay on Thelanis, I was from Khyber - its a dirty place where the players feed ont he vampires and a new yorker attitude is considered soft.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Crimson Eagles and Wanderlust are the 2 main AUS guilds on Khyber, but I know for a fact that CE is usually recruiting.

Welcome to Khyber from one of the US Night Crew
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Definitely try CE, lots of Aussies

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    Even though you are Aussie, don't call yourself Aussie or Aussie may get mad and scratch your eyes out.
    Rawr LOL.

You might come over if you bring some drama along
    Aussie, Minimonbon,Rockstarr-Leader of Utopia
    Trade List

All the coolest ppl move to khyber eventually.

I think they might need to upgrade our server tho, it's like freaking full a lot lately lol. Too many ppl love khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Too many ppl love khyber.
    False Axer. There's never enough Khyber Love =D

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Getting way too nice here. Starting to feel nauseous...
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Getting way too nice here. Starting to feel nauseous...
    Its cuz our favorite sayings get us banned I bet =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yajerman01 View Post
    lies to deceive you, lies I tell you lies, Stay on Thelanis, I was from Khyber - its a dirty place where the players feed ont he vampires and a new yorker attitude is considered soft.
    What you got against New Yorkers??? :P
    Khyber ~ ArcaneJill TR Clonk in progress ~ Jillarcane TR on a FvS life in progress ~ Charliecat 25 Fighter ~ Cacophanous Bard in progress ~ EmsJill parked gimpy Pally ~ Minijill baby Rogue ~ Officer of NNGO

Community Member

I don't know much about bringing any drama, but it's always fun to watch, I'm just wanting to hit up some epics and high level quests.

Don't think I've been playing long enough to see any good drama, best I've seen is some angry people in a HoX wipe.

I don't know much about bringing any drama, but it's always fun to watch, I'm just wanting to hit up some epics and high level quests.

Don't think I've been playing long enough to see any good drama, best I've seen is some angry people in a HoX wipe.
    You may be new here, but this is unacceptable from one that posts here. I thought we were training the new ones better than this....

We need facts, nearly name drops, and at the very least someone to blame for the wipe. (It's always the rogue's fault BTW) How else are we supposed to start asking for names? Where's the screenie? /sigh
    Last edited by DasLurch; 02-09-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Keris-20Rogue Rahm-19Fighter Bodi-18Bard Uke Lele-20Bard Willoughby-17Rogue Ivey-20Sorc Efric-20Ranger Glaude-20FvS Hania-20Cleric Crezida-16Sorc Gespar-20Wizard Yorgo-11Barb Yurric-16Monk

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Joiiiiiiin usssssssss.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

All the coolest ppl move to khyber eventually.
    Yes.

I think they might need to upgrade our server tho.
    Yes.

Too many ppl love khyber.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    There's never enough Khyber Love =D
    Yes.
    Proudly Khyberian <3
    Veileira, Leiralei, Barbrose, Mayae TR1, Phaerune, Leiluu
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast