Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I think that list/time frame went out the window when they stopped calling content boosts modules, and started using the word update. But, whatever time frame they are using to put out the PrEs, I wish they'd adjust it so they come out sooner.
    I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    We've got the Elemental Savants in Update 9, a couple of minor tweaks to a few others, and the next ones on the list I plan on after that are the Divine Avenger, Deepwood Sniper II, and Ninja Spy III.
    This is good news, Eladrin, but I have three questions.

First, are the three PrEs you mention after the Savants slated for U10, or simply after U9?

Second, how come we're still getting such partial PrE releases (ie. DS II instead of DS II and III)?

Finally, is Deepwood Sniper I going to get revised to not suck? I held onto it for, I don't know, almost a year I guess, and the only thing it did was give me something active to do while shooting--I actually liked that feature of it, and miss having something to do instead of just hitting auto-attack on my archer now that he's swapped to AA.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Even-numbered updates tipically carry new class options so next chance will be u11.

Also, the string error is listed in the u8.1 fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    Even-numbered updates tipically carry new class options so next chance will be u11.
    While this has been true (I think), and is what the devs have touted as their new gameplan, they have certainly shown a willingness and ability to break from any patterns they've established, so hoping for something more significant sooner isn't out of the question.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Actually Eladrin dropped the Elemental Savants PrE hint in the Sorc forums here quite a while ago...so its no surprise to me.
    - I've been to so many raids, but I wouldn't call myself a vet, since I have yet to try out different strategies, tactics and classes in raids.
    - Main in sig, alts: Frostiee, Aliciae, Amandae

lol @ tweaks

/(sarcastic sniker with love)
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    Even-numbered updates tipically carry new class options so next chance will be u11..
    11 is an even number?

Does this mean ToD FvS sets will be added to the loot tables?
    Moved to Guild Wars 2

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbinder View Post
    Does this mean ToD FvS sets will be added to the loot tables?
    I sure hope so... though they'd probably just suck for a couple of years at least...

Community Member

Ugh Divine Avenger for real? I thought FvS were healers. I personally dont care if my healer can hit harder any more than I care if my ranger can heal better. Lame choice for first FvS prestige enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergerfratz View Post
    Ugh Divine Avenger for real? I thought FvS were healers. I personally dont care if my healer can hit harder any more than I care if my ranger can heal better. Lame choice for first FvS prestige enhance.
    Heh, I'm surprised that melee FvS's are getting even better when they are already outclassing any other FvS/Clr build at endgame (if not while levelling).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by timetorun177 View Post
    The only thing the devs care about is releasing low level content so they continue getting new players. Retention is obviously not one of their goals. I would expect more mid level content, not prestige classes.
    Would you like a handkerchief for the egg on your face?
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Ugh Divine Avenger for real? I thought FvS were healers...
    Youre thoughts are wrong...

Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar

I think everyone who doesn't play a healbot FvS is looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    11 is an even number?
    Lost in translation sorry, lol, is it odd? (pun intended)

I hope they actually change the basics of ranged combat when releasing DS2.

The only way the PrE could possibly be a viable choice with ranged combat in the state it is now is if they make the PrE really powerful to compensate. A disproportionately powerful PrE will make fixing the basics that much harder.

We've got the Elemental Savants in Update 9, a couple of minor tweaks to a few others, and the next ones on the list I plan on after that are the Divine Avenger, Deepwood Sniper II, and Ninja Spy III.
    Acrobat III PLEASE!!!! Pretty Please... with sprinkes?
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

You thought FvS were healers? Huh, that's news to me. I didn't know we had any "healers" in this game. I thought we had amazing DPS machines (be it melee or offensive casting) that were also so versatile that with barely any gear/investment they were also able to keep an entire party of idiots who don't know how to drink potions or invest in UMD on their feet.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

I can't wait to see Deepwoods Sniper II! I wonder if that's going to be accompanied by the mythical "ranged combat review"?
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

The only thing the devs care about is releasing low level content ...
    That's not fair, they've stated quite clearly that this year's content is aimed at the higher (post L10) levels.

...so they continue getting new players. Retention is obviously not one of their goals.
    You may have a point there, mind.

I would expect more mid level content, not prestige classes.
    Make your mind up, is it mid or low level content you're expecting? Mid-high level is the stated 'we are doing this' goal this year. Last year that firm goal was '6 updates', which they managed - so a little credit is due there I think, whether you agree with the level ranges they chose or not (having played for almost 18 months now, I don't, as it happens. But that's not the point).

Their 'aspirational' (i.e. 'we'll do it if we can') goals this year seem to be druids, finishing the PrEs and some spell changes. How much of that comes to fruition remains to be seen but based on last year's efforts, I actually have confidence in the promise of higher level content.

Retention of players... well, no-one from marketing or strategy has ever posted on the forums, so I don't see how any of us could know that, either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Yay! FvS PrEs!

Although as sirgog said, it is odd to further boost melee FvS.

Ad healbot fvs: If your divine caster (cleric/fvs) does nothing but heal you're doing something wrong.
    If your ranger can't heal himself you're also doing something wrong.

Hint: It's got something to do with multi-dimensional characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    If the melee asks "Why didn't you heal me before I died?", Healer response should be "Why didn't you kill it before you died?"
    Everybody's got the right to be stupid, some just abuse the privilege.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast