Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Community Member chrisgina39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    905

    Thumbs down pvp point i heard

    just a few points a friend of mine made

    The main argument is 'this game is a pve not a pvp game if you want pvp go play (insert name of pvp game here)'
    well wouldn't it stay that way because they keep bashing it and the devs aren't going to work on something that they keep bashing
    another main argument is
    'this game isn't balanced for pvp'
    well couldn't the devs balance it in a update?(like a hp buff damage debuff?) of course they aren't going if pvp haters keep bashing it
    then there's
    'id rather have them working on _____'
    true but this tread isnt about the if you want them to work on ____ thing make a suggestion if you want that don't spam a tread with post like that you may not like it but we may and we don't spam treads with that stuff

  2. #2
    Community Member MsEricka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    First allow me to point out something for clarification and it's in no way a slam/slight/insult etc. It's a thread, not a tread. I'm not sure where you lost the h.

    Anyways, the devs not working on pvp is not because of threads of forums, it's because this is a pve game. However when users come to the forums and post about making pvp fail or changes to pvp you will find vehement opposition.

    DDO is not a pvp game nor will it ever be. And I'm sure 98% of the server population would revolt against the developers if they ever did anything to skew the game towards pvp.

  3. #3
    Community Member PopeJual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meridia
    Posts
    4,825

    Default

    The primary problem with balancing the game for PvP (as MANY people have tried to explain to H4x in the past) is that any changes you make to bring balance to PvP can (and usually do) have an unbalancing effect on PvE.

    I don't mind when people play PvP. I just don't want the devs to mess with the PvE in order to make the PvP experience "better".

  4. #4
    Community Member Phidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgina39 View Post
    ...true but this tread isnt about the if you want them to work on ____ thing make a suggestion if you want that don't spam a tread with post like that you may not like it but we may and we don't spam treads with that stuff
    So you only want feedback if it supports your position?

    Unlike love, peace, and rainbows there's only so much developer time to go around. Let's not waste it, m'kay?
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

  5. #5
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    22,590

    Default

    Still waiting for the "point".

    A generic pointless rehash of old pvp-debate issues smells muchly like trying to bait folks into making heated posts...

    Wrong day for that, that's a Saturday thing.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual


  6. #6
    Community Member Khanyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Wpg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    The only effort that should be made to PVP is its removal.

    In fact, having this section of the forums dedicated to it, is too much.

    In fact, having PVP causes lag, dungeon alert, a decreased desired epic drop percentage, and the Abbot to eat your green steel weapons. It's a fact: I have a spreadsheet to prove it

  7. #7
    Community Member Cam_Neely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgina39 View Post
    just a few points a friend of mine made

    The main argument is 'this game is a pve not a pvp game if you want pvp go play (insert name of pvp game here)'
    well wouldn't it stay that way because they keep bashing it and the devs aren't going to work on something that they keep bashing
    another main argument is
    'this game isn't balanced for pvp'
    well couldn't the devs balance it in a update?(like a hp buff damage debuff?) of course they aren't going if pvp haters keep bashing it
    then there's
    'id rather have them working on _____'
    true but this tread isnt about the if you want them to work on ____ thing make a suggestion if you want that don't spam a tread with post like that you may not like it but we may and we don't spam treads with that stuff
    I understand the people that want to PvP in DDO, thats their choice, but if people want a game based on PvP, that is something different, and they should check out a different mmo.

    Balancing a non PvP Centric game based on a PvP benchmark unbalances all the rest of the game which Devs have been workign 5+ years to balance. So no they cant just balance it so that every class has a chance against every other class in the PvP pit. That would ruin the other 99% of the game.

    The Devs dont work on PvP because people bash PvP, but because at the creation of the game, the Devs said you cant do everything the best, so lets focus on a few parts and do that really well. PvP was not on the list of stuff they wanted to do well.

    Your argument is very poorly though out (to put it kindly, as there really is no point or argument to your post), its not the PvP bashers that make PvP unloved in DDO. Its how the game is from the start, and trying to turn it into a PvP based game would ruin the rest of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

  8. #8
    Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,767

    Default

    Was there a point to your OP besides trying to bait people?

    As we have recently seen, devs sometimes quietly listen to what is going on in the threads. It is therefore important that people speak up against something they don't like or that they think detracts from the game, just as it is important that they speak up in favor of something they like.

  9. #9
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Your post is lacking a point...or anything contributory in the slightest.

    Please make a point.

    Also, we aren't flaming. We are simply tired of telling you over and over ad infinitum that D&D was never meant for PVP, and as such, needs nothing to balance it.

    Go roll an AA and sit in the pit. We know you want to.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  10. #10

    Default

    I've never tried it out, never will. I play DDO for the PvE experience. My only question would be - why PvP?

    There are a tremendous amount of games that allows you to kill other players. The whole online first person shooter experience is based on that concept.

    Making the pvp experience 'better' is a waste of resources when there are so many things that needs to be done to known issues, more PrE's etc. All in all the appeal to measure someone e-thingy in mock combat alters very little in my hunt for the best gear up against better higher end content in the future. It's a side show for people who like to scream 'in your face' and 'I pwnd you'.

  11. #11
    Community Member Cam_Neely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    As we have recently seen, devs sometimes quietly listen to what is going on in the threads.
    Very good point. the "read by a Dev" and the updates to what happens to a guild when the leader goes for an extended 'afk' are great examples of the fact that the people at Turbine do pay attention to what is said.

    If every PvP thread by Hax was not followed by over 9000 /not signed, then the game might take very bad turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Maybe you could just go read the 100 reasons why everything in your post has been covered a 100 times thread .

  13. #13
    Community Member Bodic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,648

    Default

    IF they were to make this a true PvP game then I could finally get my EVIL allignment.

    Ohh what it would take to actually make all thoses counter quests let alone class and races.

    It would be a completely different game.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    or heres an idea: like guild wars pvp make some abilities/spells adjusted to pvp when u enter a pvp area. doesnt gimp the pve aspect of the game and it will balance the pvp so every1 is happy. but once again turbine is lazy and u wont see it happen

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notforyou View Post
    or heres an idea: like guild wars pvp make some abilities/spells adjusted to pvp when u enter a pvp area. doesnt gimp the pve aspect of the game and it will balance the pvp so every1 is happy. but once again turbine is lazy and u wont see it happen
    Guild Wars is where the Lazy Devs are , they havent made any decent PvE content since they started. Lazy .

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryanmeerkat View Post
    Guild Wars is where the Lazy Devs are , they havent made any decent PvE content since they started. Lazy .
    yes but they do have decent pvp which is more than can be said of ddo

  17. #17
    Community Member Arnya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Aotearoa bro!
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    So, when will you post your evil alignment thread?

    It's been over a month since one of those threads too...
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

  18. #18
    Community Member Blank_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GMT -7, USA
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notforyou View Post
    or heres an idea: like guild wars pvp make some abilities/spells adjusted to pvp when u enter a pvp area. doesnt gimp the pve aspect of the game and it will balance the pvp so every1 is happy. but once again turbine is lazy and u wont see it happen
    Also, You have an option to make a "PvP character", which cannot enter the PvE worlds, but PvE toons can enter PVP worlds. They all have the same balances in this world, but it is separate from the PvE world.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

  19. #19
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notforyou View Post
    or heres an idea: like guild wars pvp make some abilities/spells adjusted to pvp when u enter a pvp area. doesnt gimp the pve aspect of the game and it will balance the pvp so every1 is happy. but once again turbine is lazy and u wont see it happen
    It's not laziness. Where is the profit to be derived from spending development time on PvP?

    Laziness is not being able to type out the word "one" or "you".

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnya View Post
    So, when will you post your evil alignment thread?

    It's been over a month since one of those threads too...
    evil alignments could actually work in the game especially as a pvp tool but we need to work on one thing at a time and right now is balanced pvp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload