Default Strategy for the Kobold Crystal Quest?

After blundering through a few times, my buddies and i finally managed to get to 87 as time ran out, anyone whose done it succsefully (lv 25) have any secrets to share?
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Focus on the purple crystals instead of the greens, make use of the teleporters (or dimension door), and if you cant kill the mobs fast enough, just kite them. You'll get few gems, but your kobolds will be safe to collect crystals.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

The key is scouting to find good veins of purples. Clear the south alcove, and check due east, east north and then east south (the pool). At least one of those should have a good set of purples to mine, so go there. Scout west too, although you may have to range further to check for purples.

1 purple = 10 greens, so finding 20 purples is much better than 100 greens.

The other thing is that the maps are randomly generated. Sometimes you'll have enough purples nearby to finish and get your bonus 200 in 10 minutes. Sometimes you can get literally every crystal in the south and east and not be finished, and if you had any problems with kobold AI or monsters you might not have enough time to get west.