Default What should I buy at the DDO store?

For some strange reason I have 400 of those DDO points (what are they called? lol).

I'm a lvl 3 Tempest Ranger (human). I'm thinking about getting a +2 Khopesh. Is that any good? Its like 75. What all should I get? >.>

I also see +2 light armor chain mail.
    Last edited by Zefte; 01-27-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Are you free to play? If so then you should put them towards an adventure pack probably.

Don't buy weaponry or armor from the DDO store - ever. It's an utter waste of points.

I'd save up for an Adventure Pack or two. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I'd buy Delera's Tomb, Sorrowdusk, or Tangleroot if you are just starting out. They will pay off much larger long-term then a +2 weapons and armor that you will outgrow in literally a few days.

But yes, the khopesh is a great weapon - probably the best in the game.
    Last edited by Memnir; 01-27-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: added bits about armor... just say No.

Community Member

You shouldn't buy anything but adventure packs, character slots, bank space, races, and classes that are not available in the game though favor rewards.

Weapons and Armor you'll quickly out level, and will be useless in the next level or two.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zefte View Post
    For some strange reason I have 400 of those DDO points (what are they called? lol).

I'm a lvl 3 Tempest Ranger (human). I'm thinking about getting a +2 Khopesh. Is that any good? Its like 75. What all should I get? >.>

I also see +2 light armor chain mail.
    It's a trap!

Ok, really, it is. If you don't want to spend $50+ dollars on DDO then the ONLY thing you should spend your points on is adventure packs. Wait until one comes up on 50% sale that you like the sound of and then pick it up.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=287854

This is a thread that reviews all adventure packs. Very informative.

If you aren't spending much money and want to get to high level then I can suggest to make sure you get The Vale of Twilight adventure pack. This includes 3 raids and some of the best items for all builds in it. Many options after that but that is the single must have adventure pack

Good luck.

Community Member

Heh, you must be new here.

Every character you rolled will gain 25 TP (Turbine Points, that's what they're called ) for every 100 favour you gained. Favours are gained by running quest. To see your current favour, click on your Compendium (the book icon on the top right of your screen) and click on the Favour tab.

Running a quest on normal gives you X favour, on hard gives you 2x favour, and on elite 3x favour. The amount of favour doesn't stack, only the one from the highest difficulty will count.

I wouldn't suggest using TP to buy normal items from the store, which you can get from loot in quests or vendors (try the pawnbrokers, listed on your map as white dots. They have items which are sold by other players). However, certain things like mnemonic (spell point) potions, or resurrection cakes can be considered.

Most will suggest you save them up to buy adventure packs, which I would agree. There is no worry to spending them immediately, they don't expire. Just keep them around and get a better feel of the game before you use them.

And welcome to the game.

Thanks again guys! I think i'll just save it then.

Community Member

Yeah if you're F2P, DEFINITELY adventure packs. It's the main thing you're missing out on by not being VIP, and are by far the best buyable items.

If you're VIP, really they're still great for things like Shared bank space. If you're an arcane or divine caster, SP pots aren't a terrible investment, if you don't enjoy conserving SP. Especially for Clerics and Wizards.

I also spend turbine points on Huge Collectible and ingredient bags for toons as well, but I'm VIP with all the bank space paid for and have a ton of pots already saved up.

My cousin and I (both 19) have been playing at the same rate with about the same levels, and he just blew 1,000 points on cosmetic armor... I lul'd. Especially considering it all looks like pajama outfits.