Are you finding the day in day out relationship with this special raid growing dull?
Looking to spice up your time spent with that certain raid?
Well here may be what you are looking for.
I will be putting on multiple shroud raids every week that will have a certain subset of rules designed to create a fun atmosphere again in the shroud. The basis is that after all 12 people are in party I as the leader will roll a random 1d12 using the order of the group as shown on my screen whichever person that roll picked will be the designated griefer. This person will go the whole raid trying to impede, hinder, even wipe the rest of the group.
Raids will begin on Feb 1st
Here is the basic ruleset:
1. The griefer may use almost any available resource to him to achieve the ultimate goal of shroud party wipe. Exceptions will be noted further within the rules.
2. The griefer has exactly 2 Min from the roll to go to the bank swap spells etc. All other raid participants must immediately enter the shroud upon completion of the roll. Raid participants may not enter the first portal until the griefer has enterred the instance. All other portals are free game and can be entered at any time With the exception of the part 4 to 5 portal that causes death there will be a 1 minute timer here for people to get shrined up after which anyone may hit the portal.
3. There is no griefing the griefer. All other raid participates should be trying to complete the raid as normal. No single target spells may be cast upon the griefer but you may cast single target spells at any charms/summons of the griefer.
4. Should the griefer die he can be left dead until the end of that specific part of the shroud. He must be raised before the next altar is hit.
5. The griefer can not do anything that would prevent anyone from getting any loot. This includes breaking crystals in part 3 or placing ddoors in specific areas that would make someone be locked out at the first of the raid.
6. All raids unless otherwise specified by me in advance will be normal runs. Group makeup is generally whoever is available but to make things somewaht fair I will always try my hardest to obtain two capable fvs/cleric/bard in case 1 gets the griefer role. Ocassionally to spice up things I may do a double griefer raid or elite or all caster or similar.
7. No mana pots may be used. Most anything can be overcome through mana pots and the griefer would be at a disadvantage. Bauble's are ok. I may ask you to link a spent bauble if I notice sharp spell bar growth.
8. No griefing over voice or chat methods. Screaming over voice or spamming chat endlessly is not griefing it's uncool and not fun. Lag is not griefing nor is bugged out instances anything used with the intention of creating either is in violation of the rules.
9. This is a fun event. Those not willing to follow the above listed rules or others set aside in the future to maintain fun will be not allowed to participate in future raids.
10. This is an experienced player event only designed to relieve some of the grind feel of the raid. General knowledge of the raid is expected. If I don't know you don't be mad if I ask you to link a completed tier III shroud weapon or item. It's just so I know you have a modicum of experience in the raid.
11. Raids will be generally filled with my guildies first after which I will advertise in a general channel I will be setting up specifically for these events. Should I be unable to fill from those two methods then an lfm will be posted. If after 5 min of lfm posting if i have no replies then the raid will either be called off if under 10 people or shortmanned. Channel name is griefer and password is ghallanda
This is a raid for completion only as at times to try and stop the griefer there may be the necessity to skip looting.
12. Absolutely positively no drama. Violation of said rules will result in permanent disqualification of said person from future events. Any grievances should be brought to me in PM either on the forums or in game in a civil manner. Any public airing of dirty laundry over any of my events is prohibited.
13. Only raids ran by me are subject to the rules and prize payouts. I encourage others to maybe try the raid formats. But only ones led by a lelo will be official.
All prizes are awarded by me and at my discretion may be not awarded if I feel that said participant cheated.
Grand Prize: Any griefer who manages to cause a full party wipe will be awarded 5 large devil scales. Said griefer will also gain immediate induction into the Griefer Hall of Fame.
Bounty Prizes: Griefers will earn 20k plat for each person that dies other then the standard 1 death each character gets upon entering the portal between parts 4 and 5.
Flawless Victory Prize: Any completion with only 1 death per person will result in a 10k plat prize for each member of the raid who is not a griefer.
Griefer of the Month Award: Once every month I will award a prize to the most ingenious griefer of that month. Said prize will be posted on this thread by the 10th of that month. Award will be presented by the 10th of the following month.
The Griefer Hall of Fame
Griefer of the Month