Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Petition: Stop taking Favor when you TR

I really believe in this Petition; what I would like to see is how many others can't understand the reason loosing your favor points is necessary when you TR?

In my case I have 2816 Favor points, every bonus for favor up to that point cannot be received again. I know at this time the next favor bonus at 5000 has not been identified yet, but when it does I want to be able to obtain it without going thru the grind again.

The point is you recieve past life bonus and other perks when you TR, so that means DDO aknowledges your previous existence, why take away the favor you have earned with that character?

I am proud of getting Favored Soul with favor points; reality is taking away the favor I have earned, based on time and dedication to the game - should be as important to you as it is to me.

Yesterday I reached 400 Coin Lord Favor; Bonus: Coin Lord Finishing School Traning Feature - Grants +2 Bouns to your Diplomacy and Intimidate Skill
    Taming The Shrew
    /Darksmoothie/Flyguy/Smoothtalker/Wasntme/
    Shyilo Rapid Fire/Smoothforged/Manndingo

Community Member

I think its more of a majority vote type thing. I would imagine more people would like to earn more free turbine points with their favor reset that those who would like to continue from where they were. unless of course you don't get the 100 favor bonuses again. Then I say you have a sound argument.

Not unless they keep track of your favor this time while giving out the TP rewards.

Favor's pretty easy. Hell, my last TR had 3000 favor when he capped, and is up to 3500 in the week or two since he capped. I'm a bit of a favor ***** when leveling, but still... I'd much rather have the TP than the favor.

No thanks. Getting favor on a True Reincarnate isn’t just a way of adding some actual challenge to your levelling. It’s also a very quick way to relevel.

When you True Reincarnate
    1. You don’t lose the account based rewards. (Drow, 32pt builds, Favored Soul) That is a flag once and you’re done on the server.
    2. You do get to double up on certain favor rewards. (Free Turbine Points, Free Large Ingredient Bags, Dragonshard/Collapsed Portible Holes)
    3. You can take a lot of the consumable benefits with you for the new journey. (ex. Yugoloth potions, Silver Flame Potion, Ammo, Quivers)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Pro: Unlock favor rewards like Yugoloth Pots.
    Con: No more free TP for TR.

I don't see any compelling reason to change the system as it is now.

Cheers,
    Kernal

The whole point of a true reincarnation, is that your character has reincarnated into a different person. Why would this different person still be in favor with the different groups, when storyline wise, they have never met?

No, ty.
    I enjoy earning favor rewards as I TR my toons.
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

Default QuantumFX

You don’t lose the account based rewards. (Drow, 32pt builds, Favored Soul) That is a flag once and you’re done on the server.
    You do get to double up on certain favor rewards. (Free Turbine Points, Free Large Ingredient Bags, Dragonshard/Collapsed Portible Holes)
    You can take a lot of the consumable benefits with you for the new journey. (ex. Yugoloth potions, Silver Flame Potion, Ammo, Quivers)
    1. You dont lose them is exactly the concept, keeping the favor bouns but resetting you favor to zero.

So lets not talk about total favor and go with House favor; I think 440 is the total favor you need to complete Free Agent's, I have been playing for over 3 years now, I still need 100 + Free Agent's Favor to reach 440. If I TR I have to start all over, why shouldn't I be able to continue? Someone mentioned getting another portaible hole, gem bag etc. I have 4 portable holes, and plety of bag's but if that is truely an issue to you, I respect that; So as you continue on to completing each house, you will still get favor points for reaching 100 more favor each time, and how easy would it be to add a medium gem bag instead of a small one after reaching 200 additional favor.

I firmly believe you should not have to loose favor when you tr, because it is the same character.

I am not a dev or any sort of code person, but it seems to me the thought behind TR is a positive way to keep the players happy enhancing their character; without that feature do you think everyone would be content with the 20th lvl cap.
    Taming The Shrew
    /Darksmoothie/Flyguy/Smoothtalker/Wasntme/
    Shyilo Rapid Fire/Smoothforged/Manndingo

I want to continue to earn TP when I TR.

If they set it so that you keep your favor, they will also most likely not let you earn TP when you are running those quests again on a TR.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

/not signed

It doesn't make sense storyline wise. (You are a new person. You have no standing with them)

It doesn't make sense for game mechanics.

It's not hard to earn favor. Had a guildie who TR'd a favor capped toon. Every quest on Elite. Every quest. TR'd in November. Was capped in 3 weeks. Was favor capped shortly after that.

Further it removes the ability to access about 400 free turbine points.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

By reseting favor you get to gain tp for running the quests you ran before TR. These TP can then be used make the process of releveling your character easier.

By the way you probably will be rerunning a lot of quests again due to the XP curve they institute with TR so I don't see the issue of losing the favor since you will be running the quests again to get the XP you'll get the favor back.

I know it sucks not having the house favor bonuses until you regrind the favor but think about the getting TP for every 100 favor reacquired and the second ingredient bag is useful if you have filled your first bag as I have on some characters. Due to running quests like Necropolis quests that have scarabs that drop from each along with the IQ stuff.
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elyanna View Post
    By reseting favor you get to gain tp for running the quests you ran before TR. These TP can then be used make the process of releveling your character easier.

By the way you probably will be rerunning a lot of quests again due to the XP curve they institute with TR so I don't see the issue of losing the favor since you will be running the quests again to get the XP you'll get the favor back.

I know it sucks not having the house favor bonuses until you regrind the favor but think about the getting TP for every 100 favor reacquired and the second ingredient bag is useful if you have filled your first bag as I have on some characters. Due to running quests like Necropolis quests that have scarabs that drop from each along with the IQ stuff.
    Ditto +1 rep for this-

The TP's are especially important to premium players like myself. Although I have nearly everything, I dont have it all and it helps to acquire more SP pots for my cleric.

I have always considered losing Favor a perk of TRing not a drawback. More favor earned means more TP and TP is always nice regardless of account status.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    The whole point of a true reincarnation, is that your character has reincarnated into a different person. Why would this different person still be in favor with the different groups, when storyline wise, they have never met?
    The whole point of a true reincarnation is to give people the ability to improve their character in ways other than expanding the end game. This allows them to "satisfy" both groups (old time vets and new players) by focusing on lower level content.

The difficulty is balancing the gains (past life feats, extra build points, etc...) with the pains (more XP needed, loss of tomes, etc...).

Trying to argue based on a real-life interpretation of reincarnation won't end well, trust me.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

/not signed.

I like getting the TP's and I really don't lose anything that I can't easily get back. Also, I enjoy receiving my +2 tome everytime I get 1750 for each reincarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by WASNTME View Post
    I have been playing for over 3 years now, I still need 100 + Free Agent's Favor to reach 440. If I TR I have to start all over, why shouldn't I be able to continue?
    Heh. Sounds like you just don't like favor grinding if you've been here that long and don't have someone at or close to max favor. Especially free agent favor which is super easy to get.

I prefer getting my favor reset. As already pointed out, that means you'll be earning more TP while you re-level your TR. And I know on my TRs I do everything on elite for the first 15 levels. After that I start raiding and getting quick xp so I don't bother with the n/h/e business except to achieve favor milestones (400 coin lord, 150 agents etc)

Quote Originally Posted by WASNTME View Post
    I really believe in this Petition; what I would like to see is how many others can't understand the reason loosing your favor points is necessary when you TR?

In my case I have 2816 Favor points, every bonus for favor up to that point cannot be received again. I know at this time the next favor bonus at 5000 has not been identified yet, but when it does I want to be able to obtain it without going thru the grind again.

The point is you recieve past life bonus and other perks when you TR, so that means DDO aknowledges your previous existence, why take away the favor you have earned with that character?

I am proud of getting Favored Soul with favor points; reality is taking away the favor I have earned, based on time and dedication to the game - should be as important to you as it is to me.
    /Not signed

I've a TR with 3600 favour, and 85% most likely run "at level" and just two quests from favour cap at the moment. 99% of the favour earned was within the three week period she was leveling. She was favour capped before I TR'd her and will be favour capped once again.

Favour reset actually encourages TR's to revisit quests outside the normal XP runs... if not reset I'd most likely had hit level 20 on the character in half the time given the pace used.

First thing I will state, I have thirteen characters ... most of which are 3086 plus favour, I think the lowest is 2800 and some change.

The only possible way for me to earn TP (at a decent rate) comparable to others outside spending money for it - IS TO TR. Did you think about how hard it is to gain the last 400 favour as compared to the first 400?

My suggestion to the OP is to always have some character hovering close to capped favour if they're afraid of missing reaching a 5000 favour perk quickly... Everyone should have multiple characters anyway and should only be TRing one or two at a time.

Favour reset is a PERK not a penalty.
    Last edited by Emili; 01-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

/Not signed

This is a TR...

... 3600 favour, and 85% most likely run "at level" and two quests from favour cap, and 99% of the favour earned was within the three week period she was leveling. She was capped before I TR'd her and will be capped once again.

First thing I will state, I have thirteen characters ... most of which are 3086 plus favour, I think the lowest is 2800 and some change.

The only possible way for me to earn TP (at a decent rate) comparable to others outside spending money for it - IS TO TR. Did you think about how hard it is to gain the last 400 favour as compared to the first 400?

Looks almost exactly like my sorc's favor table, except replace hound with ToD. Still only invasion on normal.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Personally, I'd like it to be an option when you TR, to either reset or keep favor.
    The Favor Patron NPCs should have a min level though to avoid abusing the "keep" option.

I used to be a favor freak, trying to get everything on elite. Now I don't care anymore, because I don't know if I'll TR some day, and if I do I'd feel like I totally wasted my time running quests on elite (if I want TPs... I'll just buy them). So I just get favor for those factions whose rewards I really need, and not more.

If we could keep favor in a TR, there would be more incentive for favor runs...

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Looks almost exactly like my sorc's favor table, except replace hound with ToD. Still only invasion on normal.
    Several attempts on New Invasion but the lag tremendous - has to be the laggiest dungeon in game ... Is funny ToD was an easier goal.

As for hound lack of interest in that quest on my part placed it to bottom of the list... I guess I have less patients with people than I used to.
    Last edited by Emili; 01-26-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast