Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How dare you talk about pvp. We don't want them spending time on pvp when they could be spending their time sodomizing the rest of DDO further.
    Snarfity snarfly snarf.

Pretty much every other MMO has that stupid two factions system, I am not a fan at all. Right now pvp is broken perfectly. It does everything it should: help you blow off steam, waste time messing around and grief others by making them dance for several minutes.

I've always felt like the Challenges were added to appease the pvp folk. The PvP people I know are the sort that love leader boards and want to know where they rank. Well challenges have that. The only other way I could see most people getting behind something pvp would be a challenge where two teams work on opposing objectives or race to be the first to complete objectives.

I could imagine kobold mining missions where two teams race to mine the most crystals. Maybe create a weapon, call it jar of honey or something, and have player be able to throw them at the enemy team's kobold miners. Then have that slow or causes those kobolds to attract more monsters. Something like that I could see as fun and balance within the rest of the game.

I don't want playable ogres, hobgoblins, giants or beholders and we certainly don't want more trolls.

Pirate Cursed

True, we could take out the pvp part of it.
    It's just too easy to get ganked in ddo.

Or keep the pvp to specific contested areas.

There are games I've played with multiple factions, and I think DDO could pull that off.

I mean, there are more monsterous nations than droam.

With forgotten realms, we could even have tieflings from the city of sigil.

I still think the idea has massive potential, and would add a breth offresh air to the game, especially when it seems like all anyone does anymore is find the fastest way to farm loot and xp.

Not saying that would change... just saying it could open up quests on one side that the other side can not get to, so when farming one side gets old, you switch to your other char.

I must agree and disagree here. PvP in a world-wide scale where people can kill you anytime takes away from the game and in a case like that a good deal of people will move to another game where they won't be ganked by some mega-gear 1.5k hp barb. If you had PvP in a certain area (like LOTRO has) that would be kinda fun, and perhaps make items that give exclusive benefits sutch as give extra AC, more PRR, ect, I think that would be an interesting aspect to the game.
    Slow player: puggers beware!

No and no!

Devs have stated they won't add evil and there is no need to go into why it's been beat to death. As to pvp ddo just isn't a good game for it and we have plenty of pvp now that people don't utilize.
    Last edited by Uska; 09-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

/not signed ever.

Some threads should be left alone. This is one of those.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default all for evil

EVIL, EVIL, EVIL.

Yes to the choice of evil all the way. why can i only choose good or neutral alignments. NE is the way to go. not that alignment really matters in this game but i want to know i can be NE anyway.

As far as the other parts go. I am not a big fan of pvp but more power to those that are.

Eberron is a big place and as such maybe the next expansion should allows us to move to other areas like Droam, or Sharn.

Lots of choices in the big scary world.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I'd very much look forward to... "run this quest, party with this horrible person, write down name, switch to monster alt, find name, smash."
    So you necro a thread with the desire to grief people. *sigh*

Pirate Cursed

Interesting. Seems the newer people are interested in having evil alignments available.

I honestly don't think this thread should ever die.

DnD has so much more to offer than what's on the table with DDO atm.

And devs have changed their minds before.

I think they could make a whole expansion out of it, like they did with menace of the underdark... and that would be a truly epic expansion.

That way, whoever didn't want to know about monsterous races/ evil player characters could stay in the noob corner (aka ebberron) and everyone else could move on to the other, more interesting realms.

pvp on a global scale, however... though I liked the idea intially.... it's just too true. Borked. No way it could work and be fun.

Community Member VladimereTheImpaler's Avatar

I disagree with people saying upgrading the pvp experience is a waste of time. I think at this point in DDO we have enough content to keep us occupied for a long time. Sure you get the die hard players that have 8 level 25s and nothing else to do, but that is a few amount of people. Pvp was never intended to be in DnD but then again so were alot of things that are now in DDO. PvP quests and raids would add a lot of flavor to this game, and a different twist. I think the main reason people generally hate pvp in the mmo circles is because of the grief that comes with it. Competitive players tend to be a lot less friendly and cooperative. This adds to the stigma that pvpers are ******** and destroy games. I welcome the idea of expanding pvp and making it a worthwhile experience.

/signed

Probably saying it is a waste of time is pushing it, what is more commonly said it's that there's a lot to do or fix in ddo where dev time is better spent.

It'd be pushing it as well to say the newer people is interested, some people are, both new and old.
    Then again there's people interested in permadeath, etc.
    (even friendly fire when it comes to pve, despite the issues)

As far as PvP in PnP goes there were room for tournaments, including arenas.
    There's interesting stuff in books that don't involve pkilling, like summoning duels, as silly that might sound.

As far as PvP in DDO goes, there's stuff to do that may not involve much coding.
    Like having instances on the brawl area, specially now that you have the public quest option.

Post Signed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Forgive me for talking about another game for a brief amount of time... however, it's a great way to get my idea across.
    Anyone know of the game "City of Heroes"?
    And how they branched out into "City of Villians" to add pvp?

I think DDO would be an EXCELLENT canidate for such a pvp method.
    Droaam VS stormreach.
    And use it as a catapult to introduce roaming wilderness... not just instanced wilderness, where all the trees group together and magically form an unbreakable wall.

I mean, why would the Devils of shavrath only attack stormreach? Why would the qul dour(sp?) only try to infest Stormreach?
    Sure, Stormreach is great, BUT, hell, I'd join Droaam if they would let me have their Oath.

That would also give the devs freedom to play with something players have been waiting for for a very long time.
    Should I say it?
    Dare I say it?
    Monstorous races. There. It's on the table.
    Play as an ogre, and only be able to have 16 character classes, since ogre class base is worth 4 regular class levels.
    Give the monstorous races to Droaam side only, but cut back on the power of the equipment they can get (since EVIL chars aren't so giving).
    WHOOPS. I said EVIL. Another HUGE thing people have been waiting for.

So, how about it, dev team? The gauntlet has been metaphorically tossed.
    and here, awesome idea.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by melkor1702 View Post
    Is that you H4X?
    nice !
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No and no!

Devs have stated they won't add evil and there is no need to go into why it's been beat to death. As to pvp ddo just isn't a good game for it and we have plenty of pvp now that people don't utilize.
    Like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    "The first six alignments, lawful good through chaotic neutral, are the standard alignments for player characters. The three evil alignments are for monsters and villains." - PHB, p104.

While not every character strives to be a hero, the majority of the quests and storylines in DDO make the assumption that the parties involved are not actively villainous in nature. (There are some exceptions, such as Purging the Heretics, but even Running With the Devils involves an unfortunate situation forced upon the party through duplicity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

OP brought it up on topic since he spoke of Drooam, but otherwise playable monster races need not be evil.
    For the record, the guideline for the DM to avoid evil characters is kept in the previews of 5e.

Quote Originally Posted by donfilibuster View Post
    OP brought it up on topic since he spoke of Drooam, but otherwise playable monster races need not be evil.
    For the record, the guideline for the DM to avoid evil characters is kept in the previews of 5e.
    So there is one good thing in 5E(gave up play testing it and sticking to 5e hackmaster)

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

funny, i just posted a thread on this

Default hey

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    How much have you tested DDO's existing PVP support?
    glad to see youre still around. yeah we all know about support or the lack of.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Any development that involves PvP takes away from the real game

/not signed ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post
    /notsigned

Any effort, time, $$$ that Turbine and its staff puts towards PvP is a waste UNLESS it is put towards the removal of PvP from the game

PVP can be done right, just needs to be a creative solution for it.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 10-08-2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: **** out word

Quote Originally Posted by melkor1702 View Post
    Is that you H4X?
    +1, lmfao
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast