Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congratulations to everyone who participated!

A true accomplishment!

I had to miss the run that finally succeeded. Wait, maybe there's a correlation?....Naw...
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    www.mortalvoyage.com

Gratz MV on your completion and glad you had fun and an exciting run.

If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you.

Grats Mortals! Knew you guys would get it, but I figured it'd be another 2 months or so coming.
    Member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis.
    www.thesublimeguild.com

Go Hard or Go Home!

Grats MV, it must have been a blast. I've always been intrigued with perma death. Maybe some day I'll dabble in those waters.

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Well done indeed!!

Cheers

Blair
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved state, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... holy **** what a ride!"
    Proud member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis. Visit our website at http://nodeath.guildportal.com/Guild...&TabID=4309354

Wow... impressive.
    .:You can't ransack the clam:.
    Kongo - Kensai Tempest | Brolik - Warforged Ranger | Bonemender - Clerimonk | Torqata - Warforged Sorcerer | Fresco - Tempest III UMD | Ognok - Intimi Guard Tank

Community Member

Well done! Congrats

Grats, MV.

Proud Leader of Extreme Explorers Permadeath Guild on Sarlona. Check us out at http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

Grats! Can't wait to see you with us in the Shroud!

Congratulations. I hope that more folks begin to realize that PD play does not mean "can't do that" or "can't do that at level" quests...and maybe then find out how good it feels to accomplish something like this.
    "Champion of Unwashed ~~Loser of Keys ~ Bane of Manners~Carrion Eater~Rag Raconteur"
    "Even kobolds dream of Valhalla..."
    Official Cupcakes Muskateers Tavern Spittoon Dweller

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

Very impressive, Congratulations!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 63, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc Epic TR 2nd Life Level 9, Repentnarc 16, Gatlingnarc 15, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by wonkey View Post
    No, we run quests AT or below level, not one above, minimum hard.
    Probably THE main rule in MV (along with no spoiling, and no equipment other than what you pick up, is passed in a chest, or consumables).

I have to say, that's an incredible achievement. When someone first mentioned it in guild chat, I thought they were joking.

Was this the first group that was all 7s? I didn't keep track of all the attempts (and was only in myself, once, on a 6 barb) but I don't know of any prior groups that was all 7s in MV.
    Yea I think that's closer to the spirit of the original DDO designers intentions.

After all, when the game came out, there were plenty of level10 quests and 1 raid, - lvl12 on elite, and we were very much expected to beat them at level10 - As that was the level cap.

Same for every other level cap increase.

The reason hard and elite are +1 and +2 are purely for XP and loot reasons - not as an intention for higher level groups to run them. (originally the game gave you bonus exerience for runing quests above level)

Im sure Chronoscope is fully intended to beatable by a full group of level6s on elite. Not level8s. Would be a great challenge for sure, but that's what elite is meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Congrats.

Yea I think that's closer to the spirit of the original DDO designers intentions.

After all, when the game came out, there were plenty of level10 quests and 1 raid, - lvl12 on elite, and we were very much expected to beat them at level10 - As that was the level cap.

Same for every other level cap increase.

The reason hard and elite are +1 and +2 are purely for XP and loot reasons - not as an intention for higher level groups to run them. (originally the game gave you bonus exerience for runing quests above level)

Im sure Chronoscope is fully intended to beatable by a full group of level6s on elite. Not level8s. Would be a great challenge for sure, but that's what elite is meant to be.
    /agree.

I dont think this takes anything away from accomplishing completing this quest on toons that only use what they pull, but in the bigger picture of things, most of the raids that came out had flagging quests that were at or near the same level. Shroud is a great example, with flagging quests being level 16, when the cap was 16. Elite "technically" adds up to 18 but we were fully expected to beat that content at 16, as that was the cap.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Chronoscope reads like a well designed Adventure with some embedded challenge according to the signals emmited by the PD tribe, and the Community shall honor the frankness of these brave Heroes.

PDs feel indebted to the Mortals for another task rendered to DDO.

Is Shroud harder than Chronoscope at level? Ty.

By the way epic Photography!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12