DDO Cocktail Hour Ep 40, Pugging
WARNING: This week’s show contains almost no inappropriate material and is vaguely educational as well as a little serious. I realize our regular listeners might be scared and confused by this. We are also scared and confused. Bear with us… this too shall pass.
This week, the DDO Cocktail Hour is back with not with a vengeance, but with sage advice! (Don’t laugh, stranger things have happened.) The team talks all about the Do’s and Don’ts of being in a “Pick Up Group” or Pug. This is a social game after all, and pugging is one of the most social things you can do! The boys from KIASA cast also help out with a very special expert from The Hitch Hicker’s Guide to Eberron! Thanks so much for listening!
HERE is the link for the episode! Just left click and play or right click and “save as” to download!
You can also listen from our home on cyberears HERE
00:00:06 Intro: (Dancing with Angels)
00:01:42 What are you drinking?
00:02:40 A poem by Reorex w/ love to Samius:
00:03:34 True Reincarnate blues
00:04:25 Twitter Question: Do Pugs really suck? No no…. Do you hate PUGS? Why or why not?
00:12:46 Excuses Excuses…. Confessions of a DDO Addict & a little Permadeath talk
00:16:56 The Hitch Hikers Guide to Eberron: “What is a PUG,” By KIASA Cast
00:18:13 Pick up groups and you. (Sage PUG advice from Lessah & Samius)
Making the most of your PUG group.
- Listen to the Party leader
- When in charge, take charge (but be cool about it)
- Do not waste the party’s time
- Be as Self Sufficient as possible
- Pay attention to the LFM (i.e. BYOH or In-Progress)
- If you are taking too much damage in a fight, and being a drain on resources, it’s time to re-think your strategy .
- For the love of all that is holy… DRINK A FREAKEN POT!
- If you are going to run-off on your own… don’t
- If you run off on your own, make sure you can pull your own weight
- Don’t be a jerk
- Focus on the quest, not your bad day at work!
00:35:44 Final thoughts and the return of inappropriate conversation!
00:36:25 Forums: Sandil’s Interactive Game Guide
00:39:16 Email! CtH Withdrawls
00:40:08 Chris Molsbee
00:43:06 PSA: Secure your account!
00:43:45 DDO Cast’s 200th Episode
00:44:31 A Public Apology to Syberdyne
00:45:28 Reach us at
00:46:37 Outro & Toast
Follow us on Twitter