Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelem View Post
    DDO is in business to make money. I would pay to play a kobold, and know many people would. D&D pnp had a Kobold playable race supplement, just use the lore in that for abilities, history, feats.....etc.

Oh it might be hard to make robes fit a kobold...don't be lazy...EQ2 has a lizard like player race..You can do it...or don't make robes for em..their lil shamans don't seem to have robes, make it some different appearing gear..just gimmie mah kobold.

Make it a special thing, like only available to characters who TR, then they might buy a heart, AND the kobold race. You win twice. Just gimmie mah kobold.

I know, kobolds are a monster race.....but in many missions I have to kill halflings, elves..humans...is there a difference? Don't be a hater....gimmie mah kobold.

Ok, so there are a lot of races to choose from already...Does more variety HURT the game? No. Please gimmie mah kobold. Or kobold won't be the only one who still hates you.

HAHA SWEET +1 bro

yea the TR only thing rocks ...i'd be ****ed to be wanting this for so long and have the new race F8*$up by them dam nOOb's and turned to hated horrid races D:

they rock to hard and there ''ouch'' ''ahh'' form taking hits would be ubber

FORTHE LOVE OF GOD (kob shaman)

very nice necro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I can't decide if this works better as a portmanteau of "human" and "moron," or as an eternally smiling alien from the planet Humor. Maybe both?

Community Member

/Yark!

I mean signed. Seriously, give us kobolds! I'd have to buy a slot or delete one of my ten alts, but I totally would.

Just please, for the love of Khyber, no breasts. They're reptiles. x.x

cmon devs.... you spent .... how long on cc? why don't you think that kobolds are good as a playable race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I can't decide if this works better as a portmanteau of "human" and "moron," or as an eternally smiling alien from the planet Humor. Maybe both?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krissonofpark View Post
    but if Kobolds were an accepted part of society, why do they all live in the Sewers and attack you as soon as they go in their?).
    The sewers are more like underground tunnels, gives it a cave like feeling, more natural for them.

Ok, now imagine this, some one breaks into your house, and starts smashing your crates and stealing the items you stored within, wouldn't you attack them?

Quote Originally Posted by ormsbygore View Post
    I've played a Kobold in a few different campains. The most memorable one was a CN Rogue, with some of the Dragonwrought stuff thrown in. Fisrt off I didn't join the party froim the beginnign of the story, I joined them later on.

I don't remember it exactally but the party was after some "bad guy" in a dungeon and they heard yelping and screaming from when they entered the dungeon and as they were going through it, as if something was being tortured.

The "bad guy" hears them comming through the dungeon and goes deeper into the dungeon, the party stumbles uppon me, a Kobold slave, who was being tortured(they don't know I'm not a slave or why he was torturing me, but as the good heroes that they are they rescue me).

After releasing me from my bindings, I decide to join them to repay the favor(or so they think, well at least untill I get to know them and decide to stay)

After we're finished apprehending the "bad guy"(or killing him, I don't remember), I decide I like them and stay as the rogue of the group. And having grown on them, even though they are a little sceptical of me, they too like me. But knowing that Kobolds usually aren't welcome to roam the streets on their own, we as a group, decide to put on the facade that I am the Wizard's Slave. So as we're exiting the dungeon we gather a few of the bindings that they found me in, and fasten a rope to one of the shackles to create a leash.

As we go through town there are a few "off color" remarks from the towns people as they see me pass by. But other than that it wasn't bad. I never had to really interact with many NPCs, and there were even a few who were polite. There was a minor theme in the campain of "for or against slavery", so having slaves was ok(and the rest of the party didn't care if the Wizard got flack for having a slave, it was actually more common for wizards to have slaves than anyone else).

Now...as far as what this has to do with your comment. I successfully played a CN Kobold in a campain that wasn't really prepaired to handle Kobold PCs(I didn't mention that in the beginning of the story....sorry about that). And it probably just furthers your point a little. But there were more diverse cities in the campain(similar to Stormreach), where my character was allowed to roam free with the group, instead of chained up.

~Nim
    The most fun I had with a Kobold character was a dragonwrought kobold fighter. I was also allowed to use the dragonscale husk on him as well.

The first event to note was my character grew wings first lvl he was able too which caused confusion with the guards and the other PCs to why what most had considered to be a lizard, or a kobold (the world was vastly seperated from each other) had just sprouted wings, to the fact of a dragon claim

The second event was during a guard raid on their room, Scales the shield (dubbed by the party due to him having such high AC... and the DM's issue with rolling above a 10 to hit him...) curled up and pretended to hide as a table. His hide check was perfect, to the point where the guards went to move him. We notioned that the AC provided from the dragon husk was enough to feel solid like a table along with a nat 20 on bluff the guards where conviced he was a table... until he DM asked for a move silently check for the guards moving him that hit a natural 1 so... he decided that when touched Scales cried out "LEAVE ME ALONE I'M A TABLE!"

His was brought to another bluff which nat 20 again, thus confusing the hell out of the guards, then the wizard of the ground declared "Ah yes, that is my talking table, still working on the design of it.. its rather loud" and crited his bluff as well. The guards set the 'table' down that then failed its hide check so he popped out into kobold again, thus confusing the guards once more who ran out of the room shouting "the table is alive!"

DM ended up collapsing a tunnel on him, just cause nothing would hit him

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post
    /sorta not signed

I'm not against the idea, but really, there's other races/classes that should be institiuted first

c-c-C-C-Combo-BREAKER!!!
    you changed, bro...

Community Member

I literally bought a VIP account just so I could voice my support for this topic. That is how important this subject is to me.

(Ok actually I bought a VIP account because I am a real life caricature like the Monoply man, dropping moneybags everywhere every step I take, and I can't help but compulsively puke away my precious cash on games. I'm still going to voice my support though)

Default Yark'ed.

Huzzah! /Signed of course.

Community Member

/signed

/signed (again!)
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRage40X View Post
    Some of the Harbor quests would get kinda weird if they did this. I mean, Durk's Got a Secret, for example...

Kobold: (upon dying) Kobolds never forget! Kobolds always hate you!
    Rikrik, Kobold Bard: /cry

But yeah, Kobolds rule! I would totally go for this.

/Yark!
    How so? Does your Human toon get all weirded out when doing the Sharn Syndicate Quests?

Also, I'd rather see the rest of the Eberron stuff (races and dr00ds) completed first before Kobolds.
    Eriar Tahlaer AA/Healer ShiC Drd/Rng/Ftr 17/2/1 - Cryme Otta TR B-Eng Arti 11 - Larue K'Dhar SDII Ftr/Pal 16/2
    Koroz PMII Wiz/Rog/Ftr 12/2/1 - Feevin Otta Rog 4

Found in Sai Gon (Orien)

Where it is cold and wet all day in the U.S.A.

Necro thread.

On that note, please make the promised druid class before making any more new races.

/not signed UNTIL druids go live.

Default Rise Thread!

This thread shall not be forgotten!

/Yark
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Since we know we gonna get the Druid, it is time to raise this thread from the dead.

Now it is time to work on the Kobold. Also it should be made as the best race for cleric as stated in this thread

>> http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368620 <<
    Sarlona : The Quebeckers - Soloing, Duoing or Small Group in french
    Thelanis : Sofa Kings - Yes, we are that cool

Also give us the ability to jump into water and respawn with full health even if we're at 1HP. It could be part of the Kobold Shaman prestige line.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ux_Gix View Post

Dibs on Kobold monk! *Shifty eyes*
    hmmm could i share the kobold monk thing with ya? plz plz plz???

Kobold still hate you, but Kobold love this idea!

/signed
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

I have 3 words for ya- GNOME COMES FIRST!
    =p

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910